• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

I mean if the Secret fanshits want to put another notch on their belt, that's fine, but I'm not giving them credit for winning a series where VG brought out their vaunted Prophet/Slark strat... Yeah, this grand final was really serious business. Congrats Secret. Such a great team. I'm sure they'll do wonderful in the Major....

tumblr_mxr7mlnaOj1r2ckpzo1_400.gif

Feels good to be a secret fanshit

Radec

I mean if the Secret fanshits want to put another notch on their belt, that's fine, but I'm not giving them credit for winning a series where VG brought out their vaunted Prophet/Slark strat... Yeah, this grand final was really serious business. Congrats Secret. Such a great team. I'm sure they'll do wonderful in the Major....

3ulcawP.gif

Satch

Banned
i love liquid's posts, hes amazing and i always laugh tbh

and then someone makes some kind of "wow ur so salty lel xd" response to him every time and then the next tournament he does it again and the cycle continues

previous secret was dominating everything before ti as well?
doesn't mean this secret isn't a top tier team

Jacky Mao is a Marmite personality.. you either love him or hate him. if Artour was the position one everyone would be like OMFGBESTTEAMEVAH

Edit: GGWP Volvo couldnt wait to fuck thinings up my Doto doesnt evenstart...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright Secret! Was surprised the game was still going on when I got up, I expected it to be over hours ago.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The fumes, I'm screaming

DrPizza

Banned
Wow and Doom patched already, what fascists.

"Oh yeah this hero that was completely forgotten about for 200 years has a few weeks in the spotlight, better nerf him. Meanwhile, Storm Spirit was allowed a thousand year reign of terror. No big deal."

Wow and doom patched already, what fascists.

"Oh yeah this hero that was completely forgotten about for 200 years has a few weeks in the spotlight, better nerf him. Meanwhile, Storm Spirit was allowed a thousand year reign of terror. No big deal."
So you're saying that because a mistake was made we should keep making that mistake because otherwise it's not fair.

Safe lane farming Gyro gets Aghs first and doesn't put any points in Rocket Barrage until level 10, offlane Pudge plays with 1000ms ping, Dota is such a fun team game sometimes...

Hylian7

Wow and Doom patched already, what fascists.

Doom was picked in almost every game in TI4. That was only a little over a year ago. Doom was too strong for this patch, but still totally viable after the nerf.

DrPizza

Banned
Level Death is still op. For my playstyle, only the aghs nerf hurts... and it hurts a lot.

I was just thinking this; Level Death is actually my favourite spell on him. It hits so damn hard if you have a demon's luck with numbers.

To be honest, I tended to build Aghs only if I needed the break (against a Bristleback, say), so while the damage reduction sucks, it's not the end of the world. But the cooldown on Scorched Earth was already quite punishing.

iamblades

Level Death is still op. For my playstyle, only the aghs nerf hurts... and it hurts a lot.

I never built aghs on doom anyway, so the nerf hardly affects me at all. I never use doom as a carry/anticarry like some do, he is just an aura mule and tanky front liner the way I play him.

Carlius

Banned
Safe lane farming Gyro gets Aghs first and doesn't put any points in Rocket Barrage until level 10, offlane Pudge plays with 1000ms ping, Dota is such a fun team game sometimes...

lmao i always crack up when i see a scepter first gyro, what a stupid ass build. i had a guy once tell me it was core and pretty much an obligated item on gyro. dota man. dota.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I find the problem with WR's model is that you can't upgrade her pants or her shoes.

There was that one set that gave her some sick boot cuffs but they were actually attached to the cape item.

Lina also has some similar restrictions but the dress being moddable gives you a lot of freedom.

Honest I'm not a fan with the way some heroes are broken down.

pure damage generally goes through bkb. If every pure damage spell went through bkb or didn't it would make some heroes suck. Thats why theres exception, because balance requires it.

pure damage itself goes through bkb, but most (like 75%) pure damage spells don't.

ones that do are the exception; invoker's EMP doesn't go through it, same with purification and timber chain and blood rite and pretty much all of the single target ones with the exception of impetus/doom/meat hook/one or two more maybe.

it is an oddity

invoker sucks, buff weaver 2k15

inkls

pure damage itself goes through bkb, but most (like 75%) pure damage spells don't.

ones that do are the exception; invoker's EMP doesn't go through it, same with purification and timber chain and blood rite and pretty much all of the single target ones with the exception of impetus/doom/meat hook/one or two more maybe.

it is an oddity

invoker sucks, buff weaver 2k15

Thats because emp's pure damage is actually half of the amount of mana it drains and since you can't drain mana under bkb unless its OD ult I think or silencer aghs, it cannot proc the pure damage component of it.

Top Bottom