• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah looked like it didn't do anything. Still hilarious. He could have sacrificed the Alpha Wolf and gotten a ton of mana though.

http://www.twitch.tv/tsunami643/v/23574459?t=46m33s

I have come up with a new horrible strat. Helm of Dominator Lich! Lich Dominate's a creep, and then Sacrifices it! Huge mana recovery, and even more XP. Plus you could likely use the creep to help clear the camp before consuming it.

Ultrabum

I have come up with a new horrible strat. Helm of Dominator Lich! Lich Dominate's a creep, and then Sacrifices it! Huge mana recovery, and even more XP. Plus you could likely use the creep to help clear the camp before consuming it.

Is leafeater your alt account on reddit?

shira

aaaah.gif

manfestival

Please don't tell me you're one of thoes people that actually wants Greeviling back...

Wraith Night was legit though, best holiday game mode.

no man, THAT diretide sucked. I just want something rather than a new map

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF DIRETIDE VOLVO
I get that its way too late now but it seems like volvo is sitting TI profits like lawd yaass

Hylian7

no man, THAT diretide sucked. I just want something rather than a new map

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF DIRETIDE VOLVO
I get that its way too late now but it seems like volvo is sitting TI profits like lawd yaass

I'm not sure what exactly you want. If they brought Diretide back for the third time you would say they are being lazy recycling their old idea. Haunted Colosseum is new and interesting, and we can still play it after the "Halloween" season.

Mohasus

I just realized how this game is pretty much Digimon World.

Your allies/digimon always want to shit and they are never satisfied.

manfestival

I'm not sure what exactly you want. If they brought Diretide back for the third time you would say they are being lazy recycling their old idea. Haunted Colosseum is new and interesting, and we can still play it after the "Halloween" season.

to be completely honest.... its about the hats bro
tears.gif

I got jadehoof last year and sold it for 15 dollars

Hylian7

to be completely honest.... its about the hats bro
tears.gif

I got jadehoof last year and sold it for 15 dollars

There's always going to be methods for hats. Game modes are for fun, not for profitability. Valve isn't going to make game modes to meet your profit margins.

manfestival

There's always going to be methods for hats. Game modes are for fun, not for profitability. Valve isn't going to make game modes to meet your profit margins.

I am aware of this. I don't actually expect them to act on my behalf and on my non directly voiced concerns. The only reason they did the last diretide was cause of the freaking legion of fans that begged for it. Frostivus is CANCELLED again(just a hunch). The new game mode is cool though. I actually enjoy it

DrPizza

Banned

A game mode that has a direct teamwork => hats relationship. That's what Diretide, Wraith Night, and both Year Beast events had. Haunted Colosseum is not a bad mode per se, but it does not have that teamwork reward.

Hylian7

A game mode that has a direct teamwork => hats relationship. That's what Diretide, Wraith Night, and both Year Beast events had. Haunted Colosseum is not a bad mode per se, but it does not have that teamwork reward.

That's just another complaint about hats though. The game mode is still fun, and maybe the reward is winning the the game and having fun, as well as a change of pace from regular Dota still using Dota heroes. It just seems like a silly thing to complain about, especially when there's other ways to obtain hats (albeit, not marketable immediately) right now such as the Compendium Coins, and things like that.

Let me pose this question, if Greeviling was somehow as hat-profitable as Diretide was, would you have played it more? Greeviling just felt like a clowny slippery game of who can steal kills the best and who got the best greevils. You have Nature's Attendants and Venomous Gale while your enemies have something like Meat Hook and Black Hole because they made fancy Seraphic greevils.

I enjoyed the sort of "meta" game of Diretide of figuring out more efficient ways to kill Rosh, like all the diagrams we saw people drawing with abusing cleave damage, things like that. Wraith Night was just fun in general, tons of strategies worked. Year Beast fight (the boss battle one from the first New Bloom) was similar to Diretide, although I felt it wasn't as fun since it was more about how much ingots you brought in before the match. This year's Year Beast Brawl I got sick of pretty quickly as it felt pretty pay to win. I like the idea of having something ridiculous in a game of Dota like that, but not in a pay to win manner like that. You got that Refresher Aura and Zeus and you basically won the game.

Haunted Colosseum is a good idea, just being a straight up brawler mixed with TF2-style control points and an interesting map. I like the idea and really hope we see more environment hazard custom games like this one.

Haunted Colosseum is fun. It's fast paced and everyone is cooperable in the few games I played it. Killing opponents with the pendulum is quite satisfying.

The fun part of Diretide, which was only the fun the first time since people were all trying to game rosh in the second one, was the faster paced, teamfight focused first couple phases. Haunted Colosseum recreates that pretty well, but I think the colour design is horrid, and the lack of matchmaking makes it a pain. Also the golems are super overkill as a balance mechanic.

DrPizza

Banned
That's just another complaint about hats though. The game mode is still fun, and maybe the reward is winning the the game and having fun, as well as a change of pace from regular Dota still using Dota heroes. It just seems like a silly thing to complain about, especially when there's other ways to obtain hats (albeit, not marketable immediately) right now such as the Compendium Coins, and things like that.
But the other ways of getting hats do not foster teamwork in the same way.

It's demonstrably the case that merely "winning the game" is not sufficient justification to play together as a team. But equally, it's my experience that "winning hats" does provide that motive.

Let me pose this question, if Greeviling was somehow as hat-profitable as Diretide was, would you have played it more? Greeviling just felt like a clowny slippery game of who can steal kills the best and who got the best greevils. You have Nature's Attendants and Venomous Gale while your enemies have something like Meat Hook and Black Hole because they made fancy Seraphic greevils.
Unfortunately, I was not in the beta at the time of the Greeviling.

Haunted Colosseum is a good idea, just being a straight up brawler mixed with TF2-style control points and an interesting map. I like the idea and really hope we see more environment hazard custom games like this one.
I think the HC mode is OK, but it is no more team-oriented than regular Dota.

Quesa

But the other ways of getting hats do not foster teamwork in the same way.

Wraith Night and the first Year Beast were way better at fostering teamwork for hats than diretide ever was. Year Beast was always bad, but at least everyone went in with the expectation that they needed to help the team. At the end of diretide matches, you were just as likely to get people who were mad they lost the first phase and would refuse to cooperate for that reason.

KingKong

its so weird to me that people feel entitled to the one thing that's used to make money in one of the most generous f2p games out there. I see reddit posts complaining about drop rates and it's like really dude

its so weird to me that people feel entitled to the one thing that's used to make money in one of the most generous f2p games out there. I see reddit posts complaining about drop rates and it's like really dude

if reddit is complaining about drop rates then it means there's nothing more pressing to complain about and there's no petty community drama that week

it's a sign of a healthy DOTA 2 community

Thats a new level of shitcrafting

nerf base dmg, spell dmg, and armor, increase int gain, reduce healing and speed bonus of scorched earth and allow it to affect allies in its radius, ms +5, support doom is coming (bike)

I had a brief but memorable stint as a token support gyro before he suddenly became supposedly OP

oracle and earth fearit need to be in cm already I'm tired of the bullshit, I want to see them in games

Hylian7

I thought hook DOES damage through bkb

I don't play her unless I random so idek

but yeah most pure damage stuff doesn't go through bkb, that's a good thing

buff weaver and silencer 2k15
I know I'm late on replying to this, but yes you are correct, hook does damage through BKB

What I was saying was they before the BKB rework it didn't, it only pulled and if I remember correctly the ministun didn't either. It was like being hooked by a teammate.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
nyx is so dumpster. He can't contest vs a trilane, isn't great against most mids, and is such a mediocre safelane support. And he can't roam.

What do you do with a nyx assassin

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'supposedly op', the way they nerfed gyro's ability that I pinpointed as being the issue. My foresight

^ and that was after it had already been nerfed zzzzzz

and lbr he was never actually that gross, whiners won that battle yet again

buff gyro

also: disruptor

and: techies

Top Bottom