• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Bethesda is a boring developer and I haven't liked any of their games, but Zenimax is an awful publisher and I'll probably never buy another game from them.

NV was great in spite of all the shit Zenimax did, but I wouldn't be surprised if the devs involved never want to work with that company again.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I disagree with that. I think you can say that Skyrim looks better than Oblivion, for sure, and F4 looks better than F3/NV.

Now the people saying that NV looks better than F3, yeah, I would agree those people are wrong for sure. Did we ever get confirmation that F4 is on the same engine as Skyrim?

Of course it looks better lol; I'd hope so when the games are 4 years apart. Doesn't mean the inherent problems with their game engine are getting fixed--textures might be better, but from animations, to faces, to bodies, to the hundreds of bugs that plague all of their launches (and beyond)... feels like a chronic cycle. Especially when we get beautiful and polished open world games like MGSV and the Witcher 3, there are no more excuses. The "bu it's open world, it's expected! Sacrifice graphics and quality control for open world and story!" Doesn't fly anymore; the Witcher 3 was probably one of the best looking games ever, and most bugs were fixed within a month of launch.

Of course it looks better lol; I'd hope so when the games are 4 years apart. Doesn't mean the inherent problems with their game engine are getting fixed--textures might be better, but from animations, to faces, to bodies, to the hundreds of bugs that plague all of their launches (and beyond)... feels like a chronic cycle. Especially when we get beautiful and polished open world games like MGSV and the Witcher 3, there are no more excuses. The "bu it's open world, it's expected! Sacrifice graphics and quality control for open world and story!" Doesn't fly anymore; the Witcher 3 was probably one of the best looking games ever, and most bugs were fixed within a month of launch.

ive never bought a bethesda game at launch and probably never will for those reasons

shira

http://www.ownaj.com/products/limited-edition-bts-hoodie-1
- Comes in original and reusable BTS packaging featuring silver foil inlay
with magnetic closure.
all-3_grande.png

Good lord $82.50USD = $107CDN for a hoodie and t-shirt.
#beyondthesalary
mozz_shopkeep.gif

manfestival

I disagree with that. I think you can say that Skyrim looks better than Oblivion, for sure, and F4 looks better than F3/NV.

Now the people saying that NV looks better than F3, yeah, I would agree those people are wrong for sure. Did we ever get confirmation that F4 is on the same engine as Skyrim?

yo why you gotta be mr disagree?
thinking.gif

I dont think anyone actually thinks a previous title is not actually better looking. Its generally a statement made by people disappointed by their expectations of an actual product. Minus that one dude that thinks that skyrim looks better than witcher 3
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oblivion is way more attractive
with OR/OBGE
than Skyrim, tee bee aych. Skyrim is just grey except for the occasional grotto or birch tree. Boring world, honestly.

Oblivion is way more attractive
with OR/OBGE
than Skyrim, tee bee aych. Skyrim is just grey except for the occasional grotto or birch tree. Boring world, honestly.

it's like someone tried to do Bob Ross's colorblind winterscape but only had a couple of polygons and some low res textures to work with

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Dazzle is such a pub stomper. 8-1 with him so far.

Broke my 6 game loss streak :lich:

Jesus christ almighty, I can't believe im saying this but low priority is worse than before, since you are now required to win, the fuckwads who end up in there will rage even harder at the slightest mistake you make and will start trying their hardest to give the enemy advantage so they can start a new match they deem "winnable"...

Jesus christ almighty, I can't believe im saying this but low priority is worse than before, since you are now required to win, the fuckwads who end up in there will rage even harder at the slightest mistake you make and will start trying their hardest to give the enemy advantage so they can start a new match they deem "winnable"...
Last low priority game I had one run down mid feeder on each team. On our team it was an extremely racist sniper who said the n word every sentence and after rising 5 times in lane ran down mid and fed. On the other team was a Spanish juggernaut who all caps all chatted every thing he was doing. I lost that game

Artanisix

Bethesda games are def worth buying... when they're on sale for like 50% and have a plethora of mods to fix all the broken shit.

Hylian7

cant wait for the fallout review thread, wont be as bad as uncharted but there are going to be a few meltdowns for sure

The Fallout meltdowns in both directions are hilarious already. I'm sure it will only get funnier.

Or the .....Fallout fallout as I should say...

kionedrik

cant wait for the fallout review thread, wont be as bad as uncharted but there are going to be a few meltdowns for sure

It's a Bethesda product so it will have inflated review scores for sure so there won't be a lot of meltdown over there.

I expect the meltdown to happen in the OT when people start to have some hands-on with the game and realize it's the same shallow and monotonous experience that Bethesda open-worlds have provided us since Oblivion.

Shinypogs

I don't know how you get to be an 103 mmr player but I would like to never play with one again. Jesus fucking christ! So many times we could won the game but no this .. this . fuck I want to hurt somebody over the stupidity that happened in the last 85 minutes. I mean I'm trash at this game myself ( lord knows why Haz even bothers to play with me sometimes or try and give advice) but I'm not that trash, our teams average mmr was 810

Also a special fuck you to last nights "I've got lags" Pudge who often lost large chunks of his health sitting in the middle of the lane doing nothing, or who missed whole team fights and gems bought for him and other things because the presumably south American lan cafe he was at ( based on the sounds surrounding him when he bothered to use the mic badly) had some of the worst internet in the world. Just ffs if the lag at your home or the location you are at does not allow you to not be a detriment to your team just by being in the game then don't play.

I have never hated other people as much as I have recently.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bethesda is developing literally the best video games on the market right now. People that think it looks like shit won't stop until every game is a scripted corridor shooter with zero player agency. Begone kids. You don't deserve to play Bethesda's games anyways.

I saw a guy on Twitch advertising his 500+ Skyrim mods and I watched his game and it was laughably fucking awful. He had so many waifu mods it looked like he was playing a free to play Korean MMO. If you want to play one of those just go play one of those you fucking perverts. Get your tittty jiggle the hell out of here.

kionedrik

Empire tweeter guy hinting that Xbox will join empire WutFace

"Bethesda is developing literally the best video games on the market right now"

Naaaaaaaaah

Auteezy

Banned
I don't know how you get to be an 103 mmr player but I would like to never play with one again. Jesus fucking christ! So many times we could won the game but no this .. this . fuck I want to hurt somebody over the stupidity that happened in the last 85 minutes. I mean I'm trash at this game myself ( lord knows why Haz even bothers to play with me sometimes or try and give advice) but I'm not that trash, our teams average mmr was 810

Also a special fuck you to last nights "I've got lags" Pudge who often lost large chunks of his health sitting in the middle of the lane doing nothing, or who missed whole team fights and gems bought for him and other things because the presumably south American lan cafe he was at ( based on the sounds surrounding him when he bothered to use the mic badly) had some of the worst internet in the world. Just ffs if the lag at your home or the location you are at does not allow you to not be a detriment to your team just by being in the game then don't play.

I have never hated other people as much as I have recently.

this describes my 5.5k+ games perfectly, 1.09 will share this sentiment as well

"hilarious". Really?

JIZq7xC.png

rofl it turned to shit past 70 minutes, I have to agree on that. I enjoyed myself for roughly an hour though.

Also, the Prophet was like 4.3k or something and dual stacked with Doom. Given that the game was merely high bracket, I'd assume the Doom was a mid 2k at best and I happened to solo lane vs. him which made my early game easy.

kionedrik

Looking at the numbers and the graphs I'd say you spent all your time farming neutrals and managed to get some solo pick-offs against an enemy solo pusher, like Furion, while the rest kept active on the map.
WR's hero damage and building damage numbers are especially impressive considering she is a single target core while you, Magnus, are a splash damage core and with a bfury and empower should be able to output a lot more damage than she ever could.

So yeah, I'm going to stick with my original assumption and say she carried the team or at least was the most valuable player of the two.

Still, the enemy comp was bad and their Doom seemed like he had zero idea of what to do. Nevertheless, congrats on the impressive CS.

edit: my points seem to be proven on the posts above this one that I didn't see while typing this one.

Auteezy

Banned
Looking at the numbers and the graphs I'd say you spent all your time farming neutrals and managed to get some solo pick-offs against an enemy solo pusher, like Furion, while the rest kept active on the map.
WR's hero damage and building damage numbers are especially impressive considering she is a single target core while you, Magnus, are a splash damage core and with a bfury and empower should be able to output a lot more damage than she ever could.

So yeah, I'm going to stick with my original assumption and say she carried the team or at least was the most valuable player of the two.

Still, the enemy comp was bad and their Doom seemed like he had zero idea of what to do. Nevertheless, congrats on the impressive CS.

wr does really high hero damage and tower damage with her ult, she can pump out like 2k hero damage in seconds in the late game with a shackle, ult, few crits/mkb procs/chain lightning

which with aghs is on a relatively short cooldown, much more hero damage capabilities than magnus tbh.

kionedrik

wr does really high hero damage and tower damage with her ult, she can pump out like 2k hero damage in seconds in the late game with a shackle, ult, few crits/mkb procs/chain lightning

which with aghs is on a relatively short cooldown, much more hero damage capabilities than magnus tbh.

so you're saying that an empowered Mag with bfury, AC and Daed that RP's 2 or 3 targets, or perhaps more, can't kill them all in the same time WR only manages to kill 1?

Top Bottom