• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Because you said pretty much always and my experience was different. Only 1 acc for shenanigans.
I had that happen once to me. On a Morph game too which was a little unfortunate but we won.

I'm not sure if Valve keeps track of my IP when I smurf. It's sometimes a little tough to find how out well the anti smurf algorithm has figured me out as I usually make new smurfs to play with a terrible friend of mine who plays once every few weeks and unlearns Dota in the meantime while maintaining his 3k MMR and not being up to it at all. He's usually on normal bracket and my smurfs drag him up to high or very high within 3 games. That's my experience. And I got a lot of experience.

Acinixys

The funny thing is people say this after every game they release. Looks better than the last! Never is, textures are just slightly better and that's pretty much it. Same awful animations, same horrible faces/bodies, same bugs, etc... As much as I love the open exploration of Bethesda games it's just plain sad that they can't get their shit together and craft or license a new goddam engine despite the millions they rake in.

Will probably wait for a GOTY edition and a myriad of mods before I jump in.

Some people dont know when to quit. I got into an argument with some dude in Gaming because he said that FO4 looks better than The Witcher 3, and that The Witcher "looks like shit in comparison"

I had to abandon the thread because I didnt want to get banned for calling him an idiot
grave.gif

PS:

The HUD looks like shit. Who designs this crap?

Hylian7

Some people dont know when to quit. I got into an argument with some dude in Gaming because he said that FO4 looks better than The Witcher 3, and that The Witcher "looks like shit in comparison"

I had to abandon the thread because I didnt want to get banned for calling him an idiot
grave.gif

PS:

Someone actually said it looks better than Witcher 3?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wasn't crazy about F3 and NV's HUD, but why did they take away the tick marks on the bars? At least keep what was good about the HUD.
facepalm.gif

grave.gif

PS:

It'll be covered in XP bars for every random skill stat when you're actually playing, though, so it's a good idea for it to be spartan and not convey a lot of useful information

There will also be an awful inventory system that puts DOTA 2's awkward inventory organization to shame, because why design a m/kb UI when modders will do it for you

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Blows my mind that people are so caught up with how many graphics a game has. Get over it. Polys and post processing don't make a game fun to play. Witcher is boring dumpster trash. I'd take a Bethesda game over it any day.

Blows my mind that people are so caught up with how many graphics a game has. Get over it. Polys and post processing don't make a game fun to play. Witcher is boring dumpster trash. I'd take a Bethesda game over it any day.

Is Oblivion your favourite video game

No, Oblivion is actually my least favorite Elder Scrolls game. My favorite Elder Scrolls game is Daggerfall and no other even comes close.

I didn't like Daggerfall at all. :/ I found the game terribly confusing and never made any meaningful progress.

Current Bethesda is B tier.

shira

Fuck undertale guy, fuck cdpr, fuck Bethesda. Y'all have terrible taste in games

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I didn't like Daggerfall at all. :/ I found the game terribly confusing and never made any meaningful progress.

Current Bethesda is B tier.

Did you play it back when it came out, or go back to it? Daggerfall existed in a time of the most rudimentary quest logs. You actually had to read... To like figure out where to go and who to talk to. And its dungeons were labyrinthine beyond anything all these graphics kiddies could ever imagine. I'd take every game looking like Minecraft if it meant we could get Doom and Daggerfall style maps back rather than all the bland fucking corridors games are full of now.

Did you play it back when it came out, or go back to it? Daggerfall existed in a time of the most rudimentary quest logs. You actually had to read... To like figure out where to go and who to talk to. And its dungeons were labyrinthine beyond anything all these graphics kiddies could ever imagine. I'd take every game looking like Minecraft if it meant we could get Doom and Daggerfall style maps back rather than all the bland fucking corridors games are full of now.

Got my PC in 1997 or '98 so I didn't play it when it was released. Played it either in the late 90s or early 2000s but definitely prior to Morrowind which I played very close to release. As far as I remember the game had no German translation back then which might've contributed to the fact that I didn't dig it at all.

elyetis

But taking screenshots ( and mod it to take even better screenchots ) was the only interesting thing to do in Skyrim.

Bethesda is developing literally the best video games on the market right now. People that think it looks like shit won't stop until every game is a scripted corridor shooter with zero player agency. Begone kids. You don't deserve to play Bethesda's games anyways.

I saw a guy on Twitch advertising his 500+ Skyrim mods and I watched his game and it was laughably fucking awful. He had so many waifu mods it looked like he was playing a free to play Korean MMO. If you want to play one of those just go play one of those you fucking perverts. Get your tittty jiggle the hell out of here.

are you a real person?

Can I ask how old you are?

kionedrik

what the hell is even going on in here...

all of this because of F4 hype? really? after oblivion, F3 and skyrim people are still hyped for a bethesda open world?

what the hell is even going on in here...

all of this because of F4 hype? really? after oblivion, F3 and skyrim people are still hyped for a bethesda open world?

They were all extremely successful games, despite whatever issues people have with them.

The Transformers movies of open world AAA games

Chris R

FO4 looks fine.

I just hope the gameplay is improved over FO3/NV. From the looks of things it might be a step back for me :(

kionedrik

They were all extremely successful games, despite whatever issues people have with them.

The Transformers movies of open world AAA games

you mean hollow experiences with nothing of value with a shiny exterior layer? I kinda agree with that.
shameful that those are the successful ones that set the money-making standard that the industry blindly follows.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I liked New Vegas. Though I guess thats technically an Obsidian game.

I'm going to call it now. I'm going to buy Fallout 4 like a complete sucker, then be sad when it isn't New Vegas, but instead Skyrim with guns.

Kade

I bought Fallout 4 with a golden Necro item that I got for free because of a WeLoveFine fuckup. If it ends up being bad I won't be upset.

Demoli

There sure are some wrong opinions out there.

SF5 character themes are so goooood
not Dictator's or Cammy'stho

Haunted Colosseum is better than Dota atm

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's Pokemon 1.09

The fact that you immediately thought "touhou" of all things just shows who's the real weeb here.

abunai

Bethesda
making good RPGs
TadkV.gif

not played dota in a week and not a single urge to do so
none of my friends, either
haven't gotten this bored with a patch so quickly in a long time

you mean hollow experiences with nothing of value with a shiny exterior layer? I kinda agree with that.
shameful that those are the successful ones that set the money-making standard that the industry blindly follows.

I was really livid about it when Fallout 3 came out, but since then a lot of cRPGs I do want to play have been released and due to crowdfunding the genre is producing a lot of games I really like. If anything, other companies have taken what Bethesda has done and made better games using the open world formula, so it's inconsequential that Bethesda is still making the same boring game 10 years later.

Just like with DMC, at some point I just had to accept that a medicore game happens to have the same name as a game I really like except with a different number at the end. There's enough good stuff out there to not get hung up on the fact that Bethesda games/Transformers movies are popular and make money. Heck, even if you want a better version of a medieval open world role playing game, Mount and Blade Warband does that way better than Elder Scrolls ever did.

bounchfx

after seeing the new screens/vids for fallout, I think i might actually wait to hear the consensus after a week. got too much to play as it is. I didn't love 3, hell I didn't even play it more than 5-6 hours. I fucking LOVE skyrim but fallout never got me. The gun controls were complete trash. the videos for 4 look better but I'll have to try it.

It's not because the graphics are meh (which honestly was to be expected. It's bethesda. if you expected more then you were probably kidding yourself haha), it's just the whole package of what I'm seeing now and remembering how much 3 was just 'ok' to me. There's gonna be a whole laundry list of obvious shit that they didn't put in, fix, or update, and that's ignoring the insane bugs it will probably have. I'm definitely open to changing my mind but I'll let other people spend money first.

that being said, I hope it's fucking awesome and I hope it does well if it is.

Almost forgot steam has a refund thing now though!

edit:
If anything, other companies have taken what Bethesda has done and made better games using the open world formula, so it's inconsequential that Bethesda is still making the same boring game 10 years later.

this honestly does kinda bug me about their games. it's not exclusive to bethesda *cough* call of duty*cough*, but so many of their games feel pretty much the same as they've always had, without major improvements minus accessibility updates, which many consider a harmful thing to the game and its atmosphere as a whole. I feel like over 10+ years, the game design itself should have evolved much more, not regressed but with better graphics. but making huge games like that isn't really easy, balancing all the things in place, designing interesting systems, etc.

all i fucking want is co op skyrim (or fallout)

Top Bottom