• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Sibylus

Banned
Rubick #1. Quesa da gawd
happytears.gif

73V3N

Banned
???

They don't raise their winrate by not playing...

OOHHH its you, i still remember you on my team going for desolator on jugg instead of mkb against 3 evasion heroes.

that was great.

"why did you get deso instead of mkb"

"cause it's cheaper"

Hylian7

OOHHH its you, i still remember you on my team going for desolator on jugg instead of mkb against 3 evasion heroes.

that was great.

"why did you get deso instead of mkb"

"cause it's cheaper"

Huh? Got a Dotabuff link for this?

I mean that might have happened, but I really do not remember this at all. Or you have me confused with someone else.

Hylian7

getting rid of that awful client is the best thing they could do

They finally ditched Adobe Air?!
stunned.gif

If that's the case I'm glad they finally did it. I remember the very few times I played LoL I absolutely despised that shit. Do they still try to sneak in that "Pando Media Booster" install when you install the game?

Auteezy

Banned
yeah im done with dota, this games full of account buyers, rtz wannabes, and peruvians

if any1 wants to join me in my league conquests to challenger it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure i have enough of an innate moba talent to do it!

yeah im done with dota, this games full of account buyers, rtz wannabes, and peruvians

if any1 wants to join me in my league conquests to challenger it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure i have enough of an innate moba talent to do it!

Don't shitpost too hard in the league thread!

shira

stan the NUMBER ONE moba on the charts

get coin

I support your journey

I am not sure that new system is going to do many favours for queue times or 'toxicity' or whatever since most people are going to want to play a solo lane.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am not sure that new system is going to do many favours for queue times or 'toxicity' or whatever since most people are going to want to play a solo lane.

Its just going to be like WoW's queues, where Healers and Tanks have lower queues times. Though I see people selecting "Support or Carry", and then going "I only do Carry" anyway.

Auteezy

Banned
it just lost so much with that change though, I never buy the item anymore because I feel its so weak, but maybe that's just because I haven't practiced with it enough post change?

taht was the point of the change was to make it harder because before it was basically just giving you infinite hp if they didnt have the 450+ burst damage or whatever

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really am not a fan of the current Armlet. Its one of the most unique items in the game, but I feel its current version is too niche. No clue what they could do to change it, the old version was OP. Maybe pump up the Strength gain of Unholy Strength, or give bonus Agi/Int when activated too. +25 all stats sure would be something, or build something like Fervor into it.

Hylian7

for some reason i'm really good at hitting armlet toggle three times

I really am not a fan of the current Armlet. Its one of the most unique items in the game, but I feel its current version is too niche. No clue what they could do to change it, the old version was OP. Maybe pump up the Strength gain of Unholy Strength, or give bonus Agi/Int when activated too. +25 all stats sure would be something, or build something like Fervor into it.

I don't think giving Agi/Int is the way to go, otherwise it would be the go to item on a ton of heroes. It's a strength item simply because it's basically a "health gamble".

Honestly my issue with current Armlet is that I just get overwhelmed trying to manage it. If you mistime it and are mid toggle, a regular ~300 damage nuke can still fuck you up mid toggle. In a teamfight I'm trying to manage targets, watch everyone and everything that is happening, all while trying to keep track of what my HP is at and how much I have lost while Armlet is on, and what spells have been cast by the enemy so I know when to toggle. If there's any kind of poison thing in the mix (Venomancer, Viper, etc.), I'm even more afraid to toggle it just because the gain isn't instant, and some of the larger ticks can still mess me up. Maybe the only real solution is to load up a practice game and practice vs stuff like Gale, Poison Nova, Viper Strike, Shadowstrike, Poison Attack, etc.

Also it kind of sucks that AA basically makes Armlet worthless.

I played a game as CK earlier, and one of the mistakes I made was picking up Armlet to begin with. I probably could have just gotten more stats and been fine, because I felt like most of the fights I failed at were because of my Armlet.

Then again, you really don't see Armlet pickups very often these days, even in the pro scene. Part of me wishes they would change it back to be instant, but nerf how much Strength you get from it.

I don't think we need to go back to WODOTA TOP 10 ARMLET TOGGLES featuring #1 as an Armlet SF.

Top Bottom