• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

DrPizza

Banned
I hope we get to see more of Goodkind.

wink.gif

Axe now has an Immortal Helmet, an Immortal Shoulderguard/Pauldron, and an Immortal Cape.

He does not have an Immortal Axe.

Hm.

Edit: Goodkind pet plz Valve

DrPizza

Banned
Axe now has an Immortal Helmet, an Immortal Shoulderguard/Pauldron, and an Immortal Cape.

He does not have an Immortal Axe.

Hm.

Edit: Goodkind pet plz Valve

Eh, he has various Genuine and Mythical axes, that seems enough. It's his belt slot that's really deficient.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fallout 4 has a pretty piss poor main story for the last third, its just sort of falls off. Fun game, I enjoyed it, but it felt sort of empty. What the game needs is a popper expansion to add more quests and give you more choices, but all that will likely be made is DLC that takes place in walled gardens.

Auteezy

Banned
ill take you through a couple of quick ai matches. Just need to win two to unlock him

i got him. How do you tell if you tell somebody is good at this game or not, seems like their hero league things have nothing to do with your actual match making rating.

Hylian7

Fallout 4 has a pretty piss poor man story for the last third, its just sort of falls off. Fun game, I enjoyed it, but it felt sort of empty. What the game needs is a popper expansion to add more quests and give you more choices, but all that will likely be made is DLC that takes place in walled gardens.

Something that really bugged me about the storyline, however I'm not done with the main quest yet.

With how paranoid Diamond City was about synths, they considered Nick okay because he was a good synth and saved the former mayor's daughter, and took a bunch of cases. Do you really expect me to believe that suddenly all these people were like "Oh hey, let's go to the synth detective because he's a good synth now!"

That's almost to the stupidity level of "Well the radiation immune super mutant, ghoul, or robot companions can't go in the room full of deadly radiation because reasons! You have to do it!"

Lotto

i finally get the comic and i feel empty inside. the wait was too long, my lore fix is not satiated. custom map makers pls finish single player dota for valve ty.

I feel this concept: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3t8au6/valve_should_create_a_dlc_tutorial_story/cx3zqiy would be legit as fuck, but Volvo would never do it. And doing it high quality for all the heroes would be a huge undertaking.

Maybe if Blizzard's idea of selling mission DLC for SC2 now that they're done with the trilogy work well(or sell well I guess), they'd decide to do the same thing? Story/lore DLC missions for Dota2 would be pretty awesome.

I feel all the BO3s we've seen so far have been disappointing, the winners never played exceptionally well, it always seemed the losing team was to blame for major mistakes every time, get your shit together guys, I want to see exciting games
tears.gif

I guess the LAN choke factor is real

My predictions for today :
Mski 2 - 1 OG
VP 2 - 0 Alliance
EG 0 - 2 CDEC
Secret 2 - 0 VG

Auteezy

Banned
I feel all the BO3s we've seen so far have been disappointing, the winners never played exceptionally well, it always seemed the losing team was to blame for major mistakes every time, get your shit together guys, I want to see exciting games
tears.gif

I guess the LAN choke factor is real

My predictions for today :
Mski 2 - 1 OG
VP 2 - 0 Alliance
EG 0 - 2 CDEC
Secret 2 - 0 VG

EG 2-1 CDEC
VG 2-0 Secret

Idk where you get your ideas from champ

Auteezy

Banned
Nahaz is the worst

Shouting numbers does not a statsman make

Bring back Bruno please

here's what i can gather as a guy whose major mostly depended on stats and shit. Like real in-depth stats and their significance are kind of hard to explain quickly into layman's terms so he just does this super simple glossed over shit and calls it stats like: "at 16minutes weavers with a desolater win 70% (14/20 games) of the time"

Red UFO

here's what i can gather as a guy whose major mostly depended on stats and shit. Like real in-depth stats and their significance are kind of hard to explain quickly into layman's terms so he just does this super simple glossed over shit and calls it stats like: "at 16minutes weavers with a desolater win 70% (14/20 games) of the time"
Well he's not gonna talk about p-values and variance and shit is he

kionedrik

Major LAN P+B
OuBrGsT.png

SF is a balanced hero...

edit: OG won so it's +1 for SF (90% PB and 72% WR)

edit #2: Windrunner was played in 7 matches and has a 28.57% WR. Clearly broken...

M.D

why do we need nahaz on the panel spewing stats at us? what happened to the days of getting cool stats pop-ins at the right side of the screen and the casters discussing it in the game?

i can't stand his head movements either

shira

no but p-values are probably pretty important to tell you what is a significant stat to talk about even in dota. all he does is mention factoids

Factoids are perfect for reddit and twitch - look at this top upvoted post

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Valve also seems satisfied with having a PhD on the panel wasting time between games.

Hylian7

Windrunner has a sub 50 winrate in pubs and pro games, it is not comparable
I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but wasn't Spirit Breaker's pro win rate not very impressive in pro or pub games right before his ult became interruptable? I could be wrong about this.

Windrunner is the FotM hero you see in every single game right now, but she is probably harder to grasp than a lot of other FotM heroes, which probably explains her lower winrate.

Like I said before, all she really needs is a nerf to the latch range on Shackleshot. It is damn near impossible to not be close enough to something you can be shackled to, especially if the Windrunner has Blink.

Auteezy

Banned
Factoids are perfect for reddit and twitch - look at this top upvoted post

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Valve also seems satisfied with having a PhD on the panel wasting time between games.

half the shit he says is just made up like when he talks about "OG team does everything together, even enter the stadium together, they are more tight knit than any other team" like how the fuck does he know that shit, and all teams seemed to enter shit together... He's just so full of bull like yeah they need a guy who can kill time and talk about story lines, but nahaz is just so DULL

kionedrik

I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but wasn't Spirit Breaker's pro win rate not very impressive in pro or pub games right before his ult became interruptable? I could be wrong about this.

Windrunner is the FotM hero you see in every single game right now, but she is probably harder to grasp than a lot of other FotM heroes, which probably explains her lower winrate.

Like I said before, all she really needs is a nerf to the latch range on Shackleshot. It is damn near impossible to not be close enough to something you can be shackled to, especially if the Windrunner has Blink.

Bara had almost 65% WR in pubs in 6.78 iirc. I don't recall him being picked competitively however.

Actually Windrunner skill ceiling isn't that high but the amount of farm that she requires to be a massive threat is insane. Add the fact she isn't the best flash farmer and you get that it takes a long time to get to an unstoppable state and by that time other earlier peaking heroes might have taken over the game.

Top Bottom