• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

DrPizza

Banned
She was a co-caster/co-commentator, spent all game texting and doing nothing else.

edit : weird, I can access the video.
Title is "SMM [R16] Mineski vs Deity [1 of 3]" if you want to search it yourself

She had some unfortunate personal stuff come up at the same time, and felt it was more important than casting some thing that wasn't tremendously important in the grand scheme of things. I agree that it wasn't very "professional" but it's hardly the egregious sin that Toby seems to think it is.

Certainly, it's not worse than Toby's lecherousness.

Low Tier
wr's a bit overtuned atm in pubs, and this is coming from my experience in 5-6k average pubs.

She's not as broken as SF, slardar, tusk, or alchemist, and a bit weaker than other powerful pub heroes like abaddon, omniknight, (strictly pub setting, competitive omniknight is a different issue) or gyro, but she's still a tier stronger than the other heroes.

A lot of people like seeing dota hero balance as black or white, either a hero's imba, or its shit. While slightly true, its more of a tiered system, and the only blatant exceptions are when one hero is just better at a specific role than another, in which case a strict hierarchy can be set.

I can expand on why I think WR is a bit over-the-top atm if anyone likes, but my basic reasoning behind it is that the hero is too safe, much like old storm spirit. (to a lesser degree of course)

Vade

wr's a bit overtuned atm in pubs, and this is coming from my experience in 5-6k average pubs.

She's not as broken as SF, slardar, tusk, or alchemist, and a bit weaker than other powerful pub heroes like abaddon, omniknight, (strictly pub setting, competitive omniknight is a different issue) or gyro, but she's still a tier stronger than the other heroes.

A lot of people like seeing dota hero balance as black or white, either a hero's imba, or its shit. While slightly true, its more of a tiered system, and the only blatant exceptions are when one hero is just better at a specific role than another, in which case a strict hierarchy can be set.

I can expand on why I think WR is a bit over-the-top atm if anyone likes, but my basic reasoning behind it is that the hero is too safe, much like old storm spirit. (to a lesser degree of course)

Can you explain why Mike Symon is not a dick and Bobby Flay is?

Balance talk in this thread is like reading random 2k redditors complaining about heroes they got recently stomped against and are still salty about.

Also just listing the strengths of a hero can make virtually anything sound OP. WR clearly has weaknesses. I expect her to get nerfed but I hope it's super slight. Bloodseeker was overnerfed.

If you think Windranger is OP, you're probably a damn scrub!

^^^^ this precisely

shackleshot's only major change in forever was the cast point reduction, and nobody's complaining about that (but they will now zzz)

how on earthshaker is she just now supposedly disgusting and broken

what happened to the alchemist hate please redirect your attention that way, thanks

also weaver is desperate for buffs, please buff him. we beat one last night who was going nuts with an early deso and bkb and everything and a simple lil drewsruptor ult ended his career... shukuchi minibash is needed now more than ever.

Acinixys

1. Fallout 4 is hilariously broken. After install I had to go and edit .ini files because it was opening as a 640x480 borderless window. It was so small I couldnt even read the menu text.

Thanks Bethesda
spectre-what.gif

2. How the fuck do you get the upgrade for the axe immortal? Do you have to buy it from the market?
misc-moneybag.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what happens to Dota now that EG are the indisputable masters of the form? they'll just win ti every year until they all retire. is there any point to Dota any more?

Quesa

PPD is probably the best interview for western-oriented tournaments, but I guess that's not saying much.

what happens to Dota now that EG are the indisputable masters of the form? they'll just win ti every year until they all retire. is there any point to Dota any more?

People said this about Alliance, iG, and Navi at some point.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
-pL was 40% winrate in 6.78 competitive, tier 2.5 hero popularity wise (comp), top 25 in pubs - nerfed to the ground then remade
-wr has 45% winrate overall in 6.85 competitive, tier 2.5 hero popularity wise (comp), pub cancer to the fucking max very close to reaching 6.83 sniper levels of popularity and overall annoyance

OFF WITH HER FUCKING HEAD

kionedrik

Wait for the meta to change. Seriously, were they undisputed in 6.83 or even before that? No, I can't even remember they winning tournaments.

6.84 and 6.84v2 (aka 6.85) cater to their play style.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the suggestion that the five best Dota 2 players in the world couldn't adapt to a shift in the meta, okay. after they have already adapted to one of the biggest patches in Dota history (6.85 aka 7.00)

Artanisix

i don't like wr because she is legitimately antifun to play again
she has been my most hated hero in the game for 5+ years now

lol shackle u to a tree for 4 sex
haha 2600 range nuke
wutface 6 seconds where u cant even fight back physically after a 4 second stun
pogchamp an ulti that kills you in the duration of a shackle even if you're a naturally tanky hero

give her the troll treatment
lower her base damage by 15

i don't like wr because she is legitimately antifun to play again
she has been my most hated hero in the game for 5+ years now

lol shackle u to a tree for 4 sex
haha 2600 range nuke
wutface 6 seconds where u cant even fight back physically after a 4 second stun
pogchamp an ulti that kills you in the duration of a shackle even if you're a naturally tanky hero

give her the troll treatment
lower her base damage by 15
Troll and Terrorblade nerfs were absolutely hilarious. I loved both heroes and they were both ANNIHILATED by nerfs. I'm not even sure how IF looked at those changes and decided these heroes were even remotely viable in their new state. Just terrible.

Conceptor

super late on this question since the event is well into its final stages but...

why do they line them up and only get them to shake the hand of the person directly across from them?

why not let the entire team shake hands in a line?

WHY

Russ T

Banned
i'd rather play against wr than huskar any day of the week

i don't care if huskar is good or bad he's consistently annoying

i don't want him on my team or on the enemy team or in my hands, i just want him removed from the game

fuck huskar

Chris R

Can I say again how I don't like the split in the lower bracket over two days? Unfair for the team playing 2 Bo3s in the single day, where the other side gets a day off.

Troll and Terrorblade nerfs were absolutely hilarious. I loved both heroes and they were both ANNIHILATED by nerfs. I'm not even sure how IF looked at those changes and decided these heroes were even remotely viable in their new state. Just terrible.

also bloodseeker, sniper, br00, void, techies... the dev team pays too much attention to fotm forum whining

I fear for AA after seeing his p/b this tournament :(

also re-buff chen

Top Bottom