• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hylian7

Bara had almost 65% WR in pubs in 6.78 iirc. I don't recall him being picked competitively however.

Actually Windrunner skill ceiling isn't that high but the amount of farm that she requires to be a massive threat is insane. Add the fact she isn't the best flash farmer and you get that it takes a long time to get to an unstoppable state and by that time other earlier peaking heroes might have taken over the game.
That's not how it plays out. A good Shackle and you already won the team fight, the rest of her team just does it for her, and she gets that Aghs one way or another.

Her skill set already makes her a threat. Even an itemless Focus Fire level 1 is still pretty significant. She doesn't need to be the best flash farmer, but she does have decent flash farm capability, especially if you know how to powershot through multiple camps to stack and farm then. She is always a threat even with just one item, whether that is Blink, Aghs, or something else entirely.

shira

CUF5nT_WwAAANF8.jpg:large

S4 got a grill

shira

alliance is garbage. S4 and akke deserve better.

Kelly is leaving Alliance so there is a small chance that Loda AND her might take higher level positions in GGA/Twitch.
- higher pay/less hours
- more time to take care of the kids
- NiP players are available (Era)

kionedrik

That's not how it plays out. A good Shackle and you already won the team fight, the rest of her team just does it for her, and she gets that Aghs one way or another.

Her skill set already makes her a threat. Even an itemless Focus Fire level 1 is still pretty significant. She doesn't need to be the best flash farmer, but she does have decent flash farm capability, especially if you know how to powershot through multiple camps to stack and farm then. She is always a threat even with just one item, whether that is Blink, Aghs, or something else entirely.

Good shackles turn the tide of battle just like a good impale or storm bolt or any other AoE disables, that's a weak argument imho.

This might just be a semantics discussion by in the early stages of the game I don't consider her a threat only annoying. Huskar, Ursa, Undying, Drow, etc are threats, she? not so much. However as the game moves forward and she gets some farm she becomes a real danger.

Focus Fire level 1 does ~50 damage per attack with Nulls and Phase. It's decent and might kill someone but it's not a big threat since in most cases you can just walk away or fog her, hence it's just annoying.

Powershot is also hardly a good farming skill. You can't clear 4-stacks with it, well you can but it takes forever, and her auto-attacks are super slow.

Auteezy

Banned
Kelly is leaving Alliance so there is a small chance that Loda AND her might take higher level positions in GGA/Twitch.
- higher pay/less hours
- more time to take care of the kids
- NiP players are available (Era)

I dislike kelly. Isn't that her illegitimate child out of wedlock rofl. Loda's been shit for awhile since the tb nerfs other carries adapted, he didn't. Bulldogs been shit since offlane changed from farming heroes to team fight control stunners.

Kelly just seems so AWFUL to me, i'm sure i'd hate her less if i thought she was hot though

I dislike kelly. Isn't that her illegitimate child out of wedlock rofl. Loda's been shit for awhile since the tb nerfs other carries adapted, he didn't. Bulldogs been shit since offlane changed from farming heroes to team fight control stunners.

Kelly just seems so AWFUL to me, i'm sure i'd hate her less if i thought she was hot though

Mmmh.
She's an awful person too. What she did while she was on the starcraft scene or casting dota (see tobi's story)

Hylian7

Good shackles turn the tide of battle just like a good impale or storm bolt or any other AoE disables, that's a weak argument imho.

This might just be a semantics discussion by in the early stages of the game I don't consider her a threat only annoying. Huskar, Ursa, Undying, Drow, etc are threats, she? not so much. However as the game moves forward and she gets some farm she becomes a real danger.

Focus Fire level 1 does ~50 damage per attack with Nulls and Phase. It's decent and might kill someone but it's not a big threat since in most cases you can just walk away or fog her, hence it's just annoying.

Powershot is also hardly a good farming skill. You can't clear 4-stacks with it, well you can but it takes forever, and her auto-attacks are super slow.
Shackleshot is a longer disable than most in the game short of stuff like RP. A 1.5 second stun on 2 heroes with only a value point in the skill? On level 4 that's a 3.75 second stun. This is all on a short cool down.

Sure, if all she does is use level 1 Focus Fire on you, it's whenever. But any Windrunner with half a brain will never do that. Most of the time they will set up a Shackle today. This can be devastating especially if she was already able to put some damage on you before this.

Also Drow is still pretty bad right now.

t0rment

the issue with wr is that there's no hero you can put mid that just shits on her, but rather she shits on a lot of popular mids. She's like this super safe midlaner that doesnt really naturally lose her lane while scaling well

so does sf, qop and ta, i dont know why people are picking on her like she's some op hero. yeah it's annoying getting shackled for almost 4s just watching you die, but a lot of things in dota are annoying, you just have to deal with it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so does sf, qop and ta, i dont know why people are picking on her like she's some op hero. yeah it's annoying getting shackled for almost 4s just watching you die, but a lot of things in dota are annoying, you just have to deal with it.

Yes, lots of heroes need balance changes.

G.ZZZ

Bloodseeker - 43% pro WR in 6.83. Definitely not worth nerfing, right?

Bs was also basically unpicked in comp. He was nerfed because it was an annoying piece of shit to play against in higher level pubs since he went around with +40 damage in laning phase and infinite regen BrokeBack

Auteezy

Banned

qop doesn't scale like wr, ta, and sf do. SF get's shit on in lane by almost everything except like alchemist. TA i also agree with but TA is more gankable.

Auteezy

Banned
gone are the days of lane control mids actually trying to dominate the other mid in a 1v1 situation, denying creeps to get the lvl 6 advantage for their gank or kill on the other mid. Back when playing mid actually required more skill than pushing out a wave and stacking an ancient or camp when u go for rune. Mid is just another RR role just with lower level wave clears than your RR safelaner while both of them eat up space in pubs and flame each other for leaving one of the 2 without comeback farm. Now 2 mids can just be content to trade farm because why risk dying for a kill when they just clear a stack anyways.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bs was also basically unpicked in comp. He was nerfed because it was an annoying piece of shit to play against in higher level pubs since he went around with +40 damage in laning phase and infinite regen BrokeBack

WR isn't an annoying piece of shit to play against?
DZtLeiS.gif

kionedrik

qop doesn't scale like wr, ta, and sf do. SF get's shit on in lane by almost everything except like alchemist. TA i also agree with but TA is more gankable.

SF get level 3, razes twice and kills the creep wave, goes to the jungle and clear a massive stack with ease, comes back to lane with almost 2 levels over the opponent.

"Shit on lane"

Hmm true, it seems like her only vociferous defenders here have WR avatars. Sad that a game can have this effect on people imho.

I don't have a WR avatar, although Red is also a ginger, but I don't think she is the monster some people are claiming her to be. She could use a nerf though.

yeah fuck SF

One thing I love about frankfrut is how fast paced it is, there's no bullshit 1 hour breaks between games or even series, everything is really going smoothly imo.

Very few pauses too

G.ZZZ

WR isn't an annoying piece of shit to play against?
DZtLeiS.gif

No because she require quite a bit of time (farm/farming speed) to became a significant annoyance. In higher paced games, she's basically useless earlier on whereas BS went around with just treads and 200 damage 600 ms. She's annoying in lane that i can give you, but as soon as you five man she is a shackle and little else.

Balance talk in this thread is like reading random 2k redditors complaining about heroes they got recently stomped against and are still salty about.

Also just listing the strengths of a hero can make virtually anything sound OP. WR clearly has weaknesses. I expect her to get nerfed but I hope it's super slight. Bloodseeker was overnerfed.

Quesa

I can bet you 100% if there were a single woman on this panel it would much better than the exchanges they're having now. The negging and potshots are cringe-worthy

Vade

Balance talk in this thread is like reading random 2k redditors complaining about heroes they got recently stomped against and are still salty about.

Also just listing the strengths of a hero can make virtually anything sound OP. WR clearly has weaknesses. I expect her to get nerfed but I hope it's super slight. Bloodseeker was overnerfed.

Being a ginger is not a weakness, Shadow friend does not get a soul when he kills Windrunner.

Twookie

I kinda like the axe comic, but i feel like the character in the comic doesnt really match the character ingame

also that immortal looks dogshit, although I havent seen the spell effect of it yet

Top Bottom