• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Translator certainly left off half the questions Kotl posed, e.g. He never asked if Ehome players were worried about the crazy shite Lanm drafts for them, he never asked if it'll be a 2-0 or a 2-1

I see. I recall reading that Chinese in general is shorter (Chinese translations of English books being shorter than the Englisch original on average etc.) so I just assume he's a lazy fuck.

I see. I recall reading that Chinese in general is shorter (Chinese translations of English books being shorter than the Englisch original on average etc.) so I just assume he's a lazy fuck.

The written Chinese language is generally shorter by virtue of it being an ideographic language as opposed to alphabetic. Spoken Chinese isn't really shorter than English, I don't think...

DrPizza

Banned
dooming bristle like eight times now
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

It would have been one thing if he'd gone fast Aghs or something, because removing the passive is no joke.

But as it was, it was just fucking stupid.

G.ZZZ

Fun fact: every language has the same information rate when spoken. Faster spoken languages have lower information rates for words or longer words, and vice-versa. FAKE EDIT: this is not actually true because linguists disagree on what constitute actual "information" in a language but w/e.

Written chinese is shorter simply because every simbol can be a whole word.

M.D

Fun fact: every language has the same information rate when spoken. Faster spoken languages have lower information rates for words or longer words, and vice-versa. FAKE EDIT: this is not exactly true because linguists disagree on what constitute actual "information" in a language but w/e.

copper is so smart but you'd never realize it the way he plays

Fun fact: every language has the same information rate when spoken. Faster spoken languages have lower information rates for words or longer words, and vice-versa. FAKE EDIT: this is not exactly true because linguists disagree on what constitute actual "information" in a language but w/e.
I studied English and German and frankly never heard of this. I agree with your second statement that it's hard to determine what constitutes information.

Yeah, that makes sense. However, German translations of English books are about 25% longer because the grammar and the words make for longer sentences and use up more space without actually containing more information (since the English text is the foundation of the translation). Which is why I read all novels in English unless they were written in German originally. Languages can differ in length.

Mohasus

He got Ember crit in both his last deaths I think (fight where he blinked in north of his T3 and while running from the enemy mid T1). Just unlucky. He probably tried to waste as much of their time as possible.

oh yeah he would totally survive a rp + chains + 2 rapiers if envy didn't crit on bot.

Top Bottom