• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Smurfers aren't missed

what, who cares? Everybody smurfs. Smurf detection kicks in insanely fast so it's almost irrelevant. And since I'm not a 6-7k player, I won't calibrate in the mid 4ks (which seems to be the max at the moment) and ruin people's games until I hit my 6k.

I mean, I could potentially calibrate in the mid 4ks but I ain't gonna stomp them for fun like a 6k or 7k would.

Actually, one of my smurfs started off with a VHS bracket game which made me paranoid of whether Valve keeps track of me smurfing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't smurf

Can we make heavy metal the go-to off topic discussion instead of anime? I'll start.

Opeth makes me feel like I'm a badass, discuss.
rage.gif

this is relevant and also the best song ever. discuss.

kionedrik

Never understood why french have such a bad rep... Must be some historic left-overs from the saxon nations vs france from the past.

I'd gladly take a french person over a german any day of the week.

Never understood why french have such a bad rep... Must be some historic left-overs from the saxon nations vs france from the past.

As a french person, I generally hate playing on french servers for any games. Lots of ragers and whiners AND the level tends to be pretty low. I'll aim for nordic(swedes and danes)/uk servers when playing on europe servers, or just play with US people if ping isn't a factor, like mmos and stuff. Germans seem to be about the same as french people as far as I could tell.

Most of the annoying ones in dota though are the ones that group queue with other french/german people, and then they talk in french/german all the game, only throwing random broken engrish insults at people and acting like obnoxious idiots. The solo queue ones seem to stick to english so it's hard to tell if they're either.

Auteezy

Banned
what, who cares? Everybody smurfs. Smurf detection kicks in insanely fast so it's almost irrelevant. And since I'm not a 6-7k player, I won't calibrate in the mid 4ks (which seems to be the max at the moment) and ruin people's games until I hit my 6k.

I mean, I could potentially calibrate in the mid 4ks but I ain't gonna stomp them for fun like a 6k or 7k would.

Actually, one of my smurfs started off with a VHS bracket game which made me paranoid of whether Valve keeps track of me smurfing.

Yeah I made a new account a few weeks ago to play some games on and chose the option of "I have never played a MoBA before" and my first game was automatically high so I think they may keep track of your ip or something because normally it should be normal skilll? Anyways by my 3rd or 4th game I was already hitting like Vpipes stack and other known 6k mmr tryhard unranked stacks. Valves smurf detection is spot on unless you are actively avoiding it by feeding and just generally not trying to win.

kionedrik

As a french person, I generally hate playing on french servers for any games. Lots of ragers and whiners AND the level tends to be pretty low. I'll aim for nordic(swedes and danes)/uk servers when playing on europe servers, or just play with US people if ping isn't a factor, like mmos and stuff. Germans seem to be about the same as french people as far as I could tell.

Most of the annoying ones in dota though are the ones that group queue with other french/german people, and then they talk in french/german all the game, only throwing random broken engrish insults at people and acting like obnoxious idiots. The solo queue ones seem to stick to english so it's hard to tell if they're either.

I can't remember the exact saying but it's something along the lines of: "A person is smart, people are stupid". Basically the level of friendliness/politeness/cooperation/(etc) goes down as the number of people in a group goes up.

It has nothing to do with a person nationality, although some attitudes I've seen only reinforced the stereotype a certain nationality has had for the past hundreds of years.

There's good and shit people everywhere.

read above :)

you can dislike what you associate with a group of people and at the same time like a person that is part of that same group. please understand that germans don't exactly have the best rep along the southern europe nations.

JC Sera

Everybody has a history of griefing at some point so w/e

Courier feeding posts/vids crack me up for some peculiar reason. Not sure why I enjoy spectating griefing Dota players so much.
34759_large_You_Keep_Using_That_Word_Meme_FP_Wide.png

I can't remember the exact saying but it's something along the lines of: "A person is smart, people are stupid". Basically the level of friendliness/politeness/cooperation/(etc) goes down as the number of people in a group goes up.
Men in Black

I've never courier fed like having a conga line of donkeys walk down mid.

I think its bloody hilarious though, people losing their tempers so much but still not able to abandon.

My whole reason for playing Dota 2 is to get someone to ragequit or courier feed.

O and to land sick shackles.

btw OT is trash you wrote "game-chanigng" in the int heroes description
rage.gif

i think one of the links for the "plays" things (with the gifs) is wrong, if you wanna correct that
fake-edit : nvm, double checked and you corrected it
real-edit : OT OP whatevs

Hylian7

well look who the cat dragged in
"Drugged? The cat is on drugs?!"

Edit: That reminds me, where the hell is the System Shock 2 SHODAN announcer, wards, and courier? I remember seeing really cool concepts for the courier and wards, and then of course the announcer just sounds like a natural fit.

Sanjay

A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors, perfect.

Top Bottom