• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

TUSR

Banned
CQBvmNyWcAADafj.jpg:large
CQAvgG5WoAAT9pH.jpg:large
CP_PXm-W8AErL0M.jpg:large

JambiBum

Whenever I would try to coach my friend I would crash immediately once the game actually started. Would have to reconnect 3 or 4 times before it stopped. Hopefully this patch fixed it.

Hylian7

32c795f48d6c65a05e50bc648393da24.png

It's like this for a reason, DV.

That's slightly out of date.

VOzXKBq.png

Broodmother though, has she always been eternally low as far as KDA?

cw5TSEh.png

#1 is no surprise
spectre-what.gif

Medusa and Weaver though....those two I really didn't expect, especially Medusa. Why is Medusa there anyway?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spectre is like Necro and Zeus in one in terms of Assists. You push ult, assist come rolling in. The enemy team murders you? Dispersion hurts all of them, you get assist on all the retaliatory kills.

Hylian7

Dusa has high KDA because she doesn't play dota for 30 minutes and then she hits everyone in the teamfight

Djrt7X3.png

Her winrate is okay, not anything crazy, but still pretty good. I'm just kind of surprised because I feel like it becomes feast or famine in pubs with her, and famine can be fairly common which should theoretically drag the KDA down.

JC Sera

Djrt7X3.png

Her winrate is okay, not anything crazy, but still pretty good. I'm just kind of surprised because I feel like it becomes feast or famine in pubs with her, and famine can be fairly common which should theoretically drag the KDA down.
Not entirely
I find its pretty common to get medusas who have diligently farmed all game and avoided trouble, so have 0-2 deaths, but they still lose.

Djrt7X3.png

Not entirely
I find its pretty common to get medusas who have diligently farmed all game and avoided trouble, so have 0-2 deaths, but they still lose.

Pretty much. Even famine tends not to be very death heavy since you're basically playing PvE even when you're losing.

Red UFO

I still think that Medusa is capable of joining fights a lot earlier than people think. TP'ing in and dropping that ult can change the tide.

Sibylus

Banned
Also, *warning sub 3k opinion* alert, but I don't think mobility is built nearly enough on Drow and that she suffers in those KDA numbers as a result. The ult and aura reworks have made mobility all or nothing for her, she isn't going to do jack in a game where she spends half of it as a hero with two skills.

Not entirely

if you're avoiding fights as Medusa with that snake and ult, you're playing the hero wrong.

She's basically there to augment the team, and she has barely any wiggle room to rise above the coordination and the synergy her team offers her. Kinda the same catch-22 as Io, I guess.

nah. she pushes harder than Lycan. Get a SB or blink dagger, make plays and take towers.

That's slightly out of date.
If the result is

u motherfucker
I don't really care.

Also, *warning sub 3k opinion* alert, but I don't think mobility is built nearly enough on Drow and that she suffers in those KDA numbers as a result. The ult and aura reworks have made mobility all or nothing for her, she isn't going to do jack in a game where she spends half of it as a hero with two skills.
Mask of Madness + Blink = good items. Treat Blink like a DPS item on her.

Sibylus

Banned
if you're avoiding fights as Medusa with that snake and ult, you're playing the hero wrong.

nah. she pushes harder than Lycan. Get a SB or blink dagger, make plays and take towers.
Think I'd more agree if she had that wolf form.

Wholly endorse the mobility kit like a Force Staff or Blink though. Makes quite the difference in my Drow games.

If the result is

regardless I don't really care.

Mask of Madness + Blink = good items. Treat Blink like a DPS item on her.
smile.gif

Actually I've been wondering, is it better to stack a couple of Wraith Bands on Drow or to just buy one Aquila? They give very similar stats.

Yeah that makes sense. Drow is a good pusher so not having the aura seems like a waste and two Wraith Bands isn't gonna give you much more damage to creeps.

I have gone Vlads a lot on Drow, and people get mad at me, is it really that bad of a build?

36% WR say I suck with her tho, regardless of what I build
hush.gif

Hylian7

You know what grinds my gears? The people on your team that sit there and say "No shut up 2k/3k/4k, this is my alt account and I'm actually 6k on my real account, you don't know how to play and I do. This bracket is the worst etc etc."

I'm sure you totally are 6k on your "main" account while you make mistakes most 3k-4k players make and die. In other news I just got back from feeding my unicorn.

I also had a Silencer on my team today that stated the match being one of those "I don't trust you, you don't know how to play this game." He "gave up" at around 15 minutes and refused to ult, then finally did and we won two teamfights in a row. He also claimed he was 4700 MMR and fell to 4100 because he kept getting bad teammates. I told him I used to have that attitude and now I don't and went from 3.5k to 4.1k.
facepalm.gif

Can we make heavy metal the go-to off topic discussion instead of anime? I'll start.

Opeth makes me feel like I'm a badass, discuss.
rage.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sean is a scrub I'm not surprised if he just never manifested his electricity.

Or if it's just static.

I'm legitimately considering buying a Wii U. The major reason I'd get it is Smash but Smash 3DS controls very poorly and the console has some other games I'd like as well (MK8, Bayo/W101, etc).

It's a fairly large investment which is why I'm thinking about it. Maybe if I want a Nintendo console I should just wait for the NX.

I'm legitimately considering buying a Wii U. The major reason I'd get it is Smash but Smash 3DS controls very poorly and the console has some other games I'd like as well (MK8, Bayo/W101, etc).

It's a fairly large investment which is why I'm thinking about it. Maybe if I want a Nintendo console I should just wait for the NX.

I'm holding out to see if the NX has backwards compatibility before I commit to anything. The Wii U has enough awesome games to warrant a purchase if you can get one below MSRP imo.

Unrelated: Deliverance is so good.

JC Sera

WiiU with splatoon or MK8 included bundle is def worth it
If ur gonna get one the cheapest for games is here http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-u

one of the best things about WiiU is it actualyl does the whole family entertainment console xbone & ps4 aimed for really well. You can watch netflix & youtube on it.
The second screen you can watch videos/netflix/play some games on if someone else wants to watch/use the tv.

If the TV is a competed for space in your household wii u is a really good console.

Top Bottom