• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

kionedrik

truly

I can see how stealth bragging is worse than overt bragging (I actually agree with that) but I don't see how I would ever be classified as a stealth bragger. I straight up think I'm incredible and would've been a god had I not started Dota this late.

You are average. You brag about being 4k but that's hardly a reason to be proud. You are in the middle of the pack, like me and like, I'm guessing, 50%+ of the people in here. There's no reason to be ashamed of it but neither there's any reason to be proud.

Besides if you are really as good as you claim to be climb the ladder.
"Drop" your 2k friends that consistently make you play against people less talented than you and that clearly skew your own skill perception. After you reach 5k+ you can brag all you want.

Humility is a beautiful thing.

What the FUCK is a pass around party bottom?

I was going to google it but then I remembered I don't want to be on a CIA list.

Pretty sure it is a bang maid.

How does a 16 year old girl have 150~k followers wtf

https://www.facebook.com/TiffanyTeohXinXian?fref=ufi

Man I REALLY wonder
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

gai_shain

truly

I can see how stealth bragging is worse than overt bragging (I actually agree with that) but I don't see how I would ever be classified as a stealth bragger. I straight up think I'm incredible and would've been a god had I not started Dota this late.

Well, not gonna happen I'm afraid. There is no enjoyment whatsoever in solo Q for me. I calibrated in January or February this year. I'd assume I've gotten better since then, so I think match ups versus equal MMR players would turn out in my favour by quite a bit. Then again, age might be catching up and my game frequency has dropped. Also, playing with my 2k stack might have led to me allowing myself more errors because I know I could get away with it.

rofl

DrPizza

Banned
FF OD NO GANK

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Ugh, yeah. Or when you're up against someone like a DK (who'll take your tower if you leave the lane) or an Alchemist (right, right, let's stop contesting his farm). How about someone comes gank mid so that the mid doesn't in fact have to defend their lane.

The bit I love is the way you can't even win. When the Alchemist eventually gets his radiance (after like 20 minutes due to crap low MMR farming) you'll still be blamed for not stopping him from farming.

Eh you obviously misunderstood. The second bolded part states that I might have gotten sloppier in my play because 3k games don't punish it. If that is the case, that would obviously have negative impact on my overall skill and put me at a disadvantage against equal MMR players. I doubt that I've declined but it's not out of question by any means.

overwatch looks even more casual than tf2

Upon reflection, yes I'd agree that it is more casual than TF2. But TF2 really scales with skill level and its competitive scene has been strong for a long time. We'll see how competitive Overwatch ends up being at the top tiers of play soon enough. It certainly needs more work between now and release date.

We need 6.86

we've needed 6.86 for a long time.

so ready for kraken priestess (once the stupid release week price hike ends)
Play game --> get IP --> get her for free like everyone else!

You are average. You brag about being 4k but that's hardly a reason to be proud. You are in the middle of the pack, like me and like, I'm guessing, 50%+ of the people in here. There's no reason to be ashamed of it but neither there's any reason to be proud.

Besides if you are really as good as you claim to be climb the ladder.
"Drop" your 2k friends that consistently make you play against people less talented than you and that clearly skew your own skill perception. After you reach 5k+ you can brag all you want.

I literally have no idea what you are talking about. "If you are as good as you claim to be"? I never claimed to be any better than my MMR indicates. I mean, obviously I would assume I have improved a bit since calibration (500 games since then should do that) but I can't judge to which degree. Given my age and the fact that I play 3k pubs, there is a slight chance I've gotten worse even. It's rather remote I think but it's not out of question as I said. My MMR was absolutely accurate the day of my calibration and is probably still close to that. Playing with the same 2k stack, I went from 3.7k to 4.1k over different accounts so it's rather unlikely that 3k games make me shit but it can happen I assume. I've been sitting at a stable 55% winrate for 1.5 years now which is why I think it's not realistic for me to be post prime yet.

Also, I'm not gonna play solo ranked and I'm not gonna ditch anybody. Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone here even enjoys playing solo Dota. I don't see the fun in that at all. The social aspect of the game is absolutely essential to me.

shira

Ha-ha crit shittalking Secret on ask.fm
Deletes it

That site is just too fucking tasty for players they get m8d so hard into b8 ?s

Elitro

they need to make hon2 to challenge valve

The reason i switched to Dota 2 was mostly the servers, not the game itself.

Also, even though i know you are joking i honestly don't think any other "moba" will be able to compete with the injected money from valve/riot. They can cater to niche audiences (Smite/HotS) but they will have no visibility whatsoever compared to Dota2/LoL.

Can't really complain tbh, Dota24lyfe
bts_lina.gif

Upon reflection, yes I'd agree that it is more casual than TF2. But TF2 really scales with skill level and its competitive scene has been strong for a long time. We'll see how competitive Overwatch ends up being at the top tiers of play soon enough. It certainly needs more work between now and release date.

Well, one of the most successful competitive TF2 team's just disbanded and the main reasons was basically "Many of our teammates, since the release of Overwatch, have had waning interest in TF2 (myself included). As a result, our team cohesion took a heavy hit." The person writing this said he's going to focus on Overwatch and I expect others to do so as well. So the appeal is certainly there. And this is a sentiment I saw from other TF players. This is just adding to the insecurity some TF fans have shown ever since Overwatch got announced lol

Deadstar

┌───────────────────‐──────
| Valve, please release new hero and patch! |
└──────────y───────────────
11052472_1219609321389998_5770887956938019899_n.jpg

It's coming this week right.....right? This game has been dead for months.

Deltoid

Banned
Well, one of the most successful competitive TF2 team's just disbanded and the main reasons was basically "Many of our teammates, since the release of Overwatch, have had waning interest in TF2 (myself included). As a result, our team cohesion took a heavy hit." The person writing this said he's going to focus on Overwatch and I expect others to do so as well. So the appeal is certainly there. And this is a sentiment I saw from other TF players. This is just adding to the insecurity some TF fans have shown ever since Overwatch got announced lol

That's just to chase the Overwatch money though, it doesn't speak to the long term viability of Overwatch's competitive scene

Kade

Competitive rules TF2 is pretty fun. There used to be a site called TF2Lobby.com that hooked into the game and was a fully featured lobby/private game system that worked really well. Unfortunately the dude running it gave up on it because he stopped caring about TF2 and apparently he really wanted Valve to buy it from him but they never did. It was at a time when Valve couldn't care less about competitive play but the community was doing everything in their power to make it a thing. Seems like Valve is sort of turning around on it thanks to CSGO and Dota rather than pressure from Blizzard or other games. I think it's way too late though.

I think a Reborn style update to TF2 would do wonders and would breathe new life into the game as well as make it competitive with Overwatch.

Deltoid

Banned
Competitive rules TF2 is pretty fun. There used to be a site called TF2Lobby.com that hooked into the game and was a fully featured lobby/private game system that worked really well. Unfortunately the dude running it gave up on it because he stopped caring about TF2 and apparently he really wanted Valve to buy it from him but they never did. It was at a time when Valve couldn't care less about competitive play but the community was doing everything in their power to make it a thing. Seems like Valve is sort of turning around on it thanks to CSGO and Dota rather than pressure from Blizzard or other games. I think it's way too late though.

I think a Reborn style update to TF2 would do wonders and would breathe new life into the game as well as make it competitive with Overwatch.

I don't see how tf2 can comeback unless they went back to vanilla and started again

I used to watch competitive TF2 quite a bit (occasionally played highlander but that's not really competitive compared to 6v6). It would help if the pub community didn't go out of their way to have nothing to do with competitive TF2.

Also we can revive this thread by giving me a Fires of Vashundol set.

JC Sera

I used to watch competitive TF2 quite a bit (occasionally played highlander but that's not really competitive compared to 6v6). It would help if the pub community didn't go out of their way to have nothing to do with competitive TF2.

Also we can revive this thread by giving me a Fires of Vashundol set.
I have an unpacked spare
the baphomet set right?

Kade

I want to see some new posters in this thread. Please don't be discouraged from posting despite the circlejerkiness. I know you're lurking and afraid to post.

Top Bottom