• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

He obviously has his weaknesses. You basically have to get Midas and be ahead of the enemy team for most of the game. If you pick him into a favourable mid match up, that is not far-fetched though.

yarden24

brought an account from 800 mmr to 1500. my musings as a low 3k player

• people are very greedy with their starting items. tangoes are 50/50 and salves are bought. lots of bottle rushes on the mid
  • i bought courier majority of the time regardlesss of position and usually upgraded it. otherwise a 15 minute walking courier was a reality
  • people are locked into their skill/item builds. even if storm spirit has died 5 times in lane he will still buy a bloodstone. at 30 minutes if need be.
  • americanos tend to be the most toxic and emotionally immature.
  • a huge wall holding people back is their attitude. they can't handle constructive criticism, they latch onto irrelevant reasons as to why they lost lane/game. they lack efficiency, practice and general desire for more knowledge. they believe they'll improve just off spamming games with a good intent. they don't understand at all how to build a skillset.
  • mids are expected to gank as soon as a lane starts to go sour. i saw a zeus at level 5 (one wave away from 6) without boots walk down to bottom lane, blow his mana, get nothing out of it and walk back.
  • bloodseekers are super suicidal for some reason. no other hero tends to throw themselves into unfavorable situations as much as bloodseeker pickers.
  • teams will occasionally standoff mid for several minutes throwing random spells at each other. this could happen anytime the t1's are up.
  • players have no gameplans or timing for their items. stuff happens and they react until one team is strong enough to take towers. players throw spells at whoever. blademail carriers always get attacked and bkbs are usually sought as a 5th or 6th item, if at all.
  • players like to fight more than they do anything else except for a small percentage of players that will run away from anything claiming they are being "smart and safe."
  • most impactful heroes tend to be mid or strong early game heroes (nightstalker, tusk, spirit breaker, etc.). playing a carry could be a good idea but now you have to last hit vs the other carry in your game as well as the other two. supports will fume if their carry starts to miss last hits and start to take them instead.
  • players are generally super selfish and most of the 10 heroes are trying to carry 1v9. lots of rage over stolen courier, level 1 bounty runes, etc.

I mean this is all exactly what happens at my 4k bracket

He obviously has his weaknesses. You basically have to get Midas and be ahead of the enemy team for most of the game. If you pick him into a favourable mid match up, that is not far-fetched though.

If his ult did something even when played from behind then he would be a decent hero I think, just a niche pick. The cooldown on it is HUGE and it can do absolutely nothing in some cases

I mean this is all exactly what happens at my 4k bracket

To be fair, "mid no gank gg" goes down in frequency quite noticeably past 4k especially when you play heroes who gank poorly like OD, TA or SF and who are better off just farming lane creeps and stacks. Supports also have the tendency to rotate mid.

Obviously, you'll find shitters everywhere. That fact that they are high MMR is probably due to them excelling in mechanics, farming or whatever.

Elitro

Get well soon Sera!

cy2jjN9.gif

ps: Fish with the smackdown
PogChamp.png

Reducing OD's ult cooldown would make him viable in pro games I think. Its current CD kills him. One of the reasons I find Octarine fairly good on him once I'm done with Sheep and Shiva's.

Octarine is a no brainer on him. He needs hp, intel, it also gives lifesteal on his orb (!!!) and the CDR is the best component of octarine anyways

Auteezy

Banned
od needs too much farm to be useful but has no real farming mechanic like other popular mids do right now, so he can't keep up with them. Changing his ult cd won't change that.

I agree that he needs too much farm but he farms alright with the orb. If he could just cast it on ancients he'd be fine on the farming side.
But he needs at least midas (for levels), some mobility (either blink or force staff), hex, shiva's and octarine to feel competitive. Oh, and some attack speed too, although the team can give him that

He can take Rosh deceptively early which a lot of people don't expect. I've gotten solo Rosh somewhat early in most of my OD games lately.

Doing well in lane is a must though. He's not suitable for people who have trouble in the laning phase.

yarden24

I agree that he needs too much farm but he farms alright with the orb. If he could just cast it on ancients he'd be fine on the farming side.
But he needs at least midas (for levels), some mobility (either blink or force staff), hex, shiva's and octarine to feel competitive. Oh, and some attack speed too, although the team can give him that

He has no aoe to clear waves ,and he cant clear stacks,unless you change that, he will never be a good farmer in the meta today where stacks are everything

He may not clear stacks as fast as a tiny/wisp, SF, gyrocopter, anti mage or such, but arcane orb hits creeps really hard really early if you get the levels so he can clear them easily, just not as fast

Make arcane orb hit ancients and I'm sure he'll rise in popularity by a good margin

Auteezy

Banned
He may not clear stacks as fast as a tiny/wisp, SF, gyrocopter, anti mage or such, but arcane orb hits creeps really hard really early if you get the levels so he can clear them easily, just not as fast

Make arcane orb hit ancients and I'm sure he'll rise in popularity by a good margin

i mean make arcane orb pierce bkb and you found your late game safelaner right there ROFL but that would just be retarded. OD can come back if the meta shifts into ganking int mids like puck who dont farm so well od just dominates them in lane.

How did you find me?

I swear he ain't that bad. Going overboard with buffs could turn into a problem quickly. The meta doesn't favour him but that can change anytime (or every 5 months rather) and if you are good at being ahead in the early game and usually have a good laning phase, he's worth a pick. Also really satisfying as I said because his sound effects are good.

Nowhere near T1, 2 or 3 but pickable and definitely underappreciated. In my experience, people farm too little on him. He's not really good below 450 GPM in most games.

i mean make arcane orb pierce bkb and you found your late game safelaner right there ROFL but that would just be retarded. OD can come back if the meta shifts into ganking int mids like puck who dont farm so well od just dominates them in lane.

How did you find me?
I'm not saying it should pierce bkb, just affect ancients "somehow", I'm sure icefraud can figure it out
He would be a viable core as he could be able to farm efficiently, ancients are a huge source of income and he can't do shit to them until 40+ minutes

G.ZZZ

men suck! you can talk to me about the many and varied failings of straight men if you want.

You're just lying to urself u know. People are shitty all around and nowadays they are all too selfish and with low ego so basically better be alone tbh. As a non-conform dating life is the shittiest thing ever and i basically can only find the crazie 'cause the norms think i'm crazy for being a non-macho man fck that noise. Well, crazies are fun but basically 0 emotional satisfactions and after a while u just get bored again and play dota i guess.

Auteezy

Banned
I'm not saying it should pierce bkb, just affect ancients "somehow", I'm sure icefraud can figure it out
He would be a viable core as he could be able to farm efficiently, ancients are a huge source of income and he can't do shit to them until 40+ minutes

mids need wave clears right now.You clear your wave, clear your stack go back mid to repeat. With od you either clear the wave or the jungle, not both and you fall behind.

You're just lying to urself u know. People are shitty all around and nowadays they are all too selfish and with low ego so basically better be alone tbh. As a non-conform dating life is the shittiest thing ever and i basically can only find the crazie 'cause the norms think i'm crazy for being a non-macho man fck that noise. Well, crazies are fun but basically 0 emotional satisfactions and after a while u just get bored again and play dota i guess.

Hey man casual dating is fun. There's a middle ground between crazy af FWB and clingy gf who wants your babies after 3 months together.

Auteezy

Banned
Hey man casual dating is fun. There's a middle ground between crazy af FWB and clingy gf who wants your babies after 3 months together.

That's not the translation I came up with for what he said. Didn't he say something like hes a hard ass iconoclast scaring away all the normal chicks so he ends up with some emotionally distraught, stuck in a rut, beat girl?

pompidu

Astral imprisonment should have shorter duration but a .5sec/1sec slow when it ends. Make it somewhat more useful for ganking to make up for shit farming, not all hereos need to be farming machines.

G.ZZZ

Europe was founded in 1848 by Walker Texas Ranger when he rode a horse across the Atlantic, he called it "Eastern USA" which was eventually abbreviated EU

kionedrik

wtf is going on in here...

I've lost all desire to play... I can't even muster the courage to finish my last compendium challenges to get the 40 achievement...

From now on I'll be playing Talos Principe that is the far superior game.
You should all get it in the upcoming sale.

Auteezy

Banned
whats a n on coffnrm

whats that word you used? Lercutio or something? I like that word

I'm sure to break it down more would just be an arm-chair analysis of his lack of self-esteem and be demeaning. I'm sure he's saying something similar to: I don't work out, I don't socialize much, the company I keep are people similar to me who don't try to have the bodies of greek gods, and enjoy playing video games and discussing games. This makes it hard for me to find "normal" girls because of the company I choose to keep, and the way I choose to keep myself and view myself. I attract/come into contact with girls who have many undesirable characteristics because I myself fall into a cycle of undesirability. But I am not sure if I am content with this or not, however I do not wish to change so I'm hopping to find a miracle or settle.

I could give my definition of normal girls, or the definition that I think is his definition of normal girls, but then i'd end up upsetting some people. Unless popular demand wants it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I'm sure to break it down more would just be an arm-chair analysis of his lack of self-esteem and be demeaning. I'm sure he's saying something similar to: I don't work out, I don't socialize much, the company I keep are people similar to me who don't try to have the bodies of greek gods, and enjoy playing video games and discussing games. This makes it hard for me to find "normal" girls because of the company I choose to keep, and the way I choose to keep myself and view myself. I attract/come into contact with girls who have many undesirable characteristics because I myself fall into a cycle of undesirability. But I am not sure if I am content with this or not, however I do not wish to change so I'm hopping to find a miracle or settle.

I could give my definition of normal girls, or the definition that I think is his definition of normal girls, but then i'd end up upsetting some people. Unless popular demand wants it.

lercutio sdkfljsdf

G.ZZZ

I have the body of the greekiest of greek gods, i have been working out regulary for the last 12 years (please keep in mind that i'm super skinny by american standards but i like it more as i am, for sure i'm not of someone like tobear's tastes ) but yeah i don't socialize much at all, beside working part-time as a volounteer helping the poors but you don't exactly find people you can socialize with there.

Also Kappa.

Auteezy

Banned
lercutio sdkfljsdf

yeah dude from shakespere. Mercutio but with an L you know.

I have the body of the greekiest of greek gods, i have been working out regulary for the last 12 years (please keep in mind that i'm super skinny by american standards but i like it more as i am) but yeah i don't socialize much at all, beside working part-time as a volounteer helping the poors but you don't exactly find people you can socialize with there.

Also Kappa.

Dionysus doesn't count, that's too easy of an out.

Top Bottom