• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Wok

So today is Thursday, right?

Patch notes and test client expected in 12 hours. Or in 7 days and 12 hours.

I'm interested to see if people will play carry Venge tomorrow or if this is like Luna at TI5 where everyone played her for one day and ignored her afterward.

Red UFO

i'm the admin for a facebook group me and my friends use to talk about dota, i made a new banner for it what do you guys think
12322965_10153794136977744_4387913604485468422_o.jpg

kionedrik

I'm interested to see if people will play carry Venge tomorrow or if this is like Luna at TI5 where everyone played her for one day and ignored her afterward.

It's funny because when I first started playing this game I used to play carry venge a lot and even after all this time it still feels like the right way o play her. Just think about it: she has very good attack animation, good starting stats and growth, a good nuke, armor debuff and a % based damage aura that guaranties that she scales.

Pure carry venge sucks, your ult is suicidal, and your spells are meant to make your whole team scale, not just you. Better have her as a semi core that gets levels to get rolling, building her as an actual carry doesn't make too much sense, just get levels and utility items

With helm of dom + vlads you give a total of 81% damage to your team I think. Yikes.

NBtoaster

As an observer the babyrage about the csgo update is hilarious. Though I imagine the whining about comeback gold in dota looked about as dumb as the whining about precious spray patterns looks to me.

"i will go to bed now and maybe, if im really lucky, i will dream about the real csgo... for atleast one last time. </3"

Why is this thread on page 2, heh?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It'll be after The Summit

Edit: I guess the patch notes could be released early, but I doubt Valve would want people bitching about wanting to try it out.

If we're actually getting a new hero, they'll probably re-release the test client tomorrow and test over the weekend, main client release early next week.

Russ T

Banned
Dagon Level 0: Instantly kills target
Target Type: Self

What if there was a consumable item that you could buy that did nothing but gave you a suicide ability. You could be more aggressive and not worry about feeding gold.

It would be awful.

It would be beautiful.

tootsi666

As an observer the babyrage about the csgo update is hilarious. Though I imagine the whining about comeback gold in dota looked about as dumb as the whining about precious spray patterns looks to me.
I'm really casual Dota eSports watcher, I still don't really get what was so bad about comeback gold.

I play and watch CSGO a lot, over 650 hours played since April, this update ruined the game for now.

It's bad because of how insanely hard it is to push high ground in this game
Uphill + tower + free sight and true sight + other towers to prevent chasing + creeps are easy to spam-kill + buybacks
And other things too

I'm really casual Dota eSports watcher, I still don't really get what was so bad about comeback gold.

I play and watch CSGO a lot, over 650 hours played since April, this update ruined the game for now.

"i know its just a game, but its my game... the game i used to love, the game i used to enjoy playing with friends... getting better in the game... together, as friends, as a family... it feels like all the good times are gone now."

dwYtmyc.jpg

KingKong

the problem isnt the update itself because the bugs were fixed and the R8 will eventually be nerfed, its that the CSGO devs have continually shown that they just make gameplay changes randomly and dont bother consulting with the pros, and then they force those changes on everyone by making them required at Majors

e: though it is weird that coders of Valves calibre would add a feature like timeouts and leave a bug that timeouts were being tied to sides and not teams. thats like intro to programming kind of mistake and really calls into question their software dev process because how do you code that in and how do you not catch that during testing

Top Bottom