• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Russ T

Banned
This year, in terms of content, we've had

New Bloom 2015 -- a new mode (not great), a new hero (a good one!)
Several new treasures
An entirely new client
custom games, with valve creating two of their own (overthrow and Haunted Colosseum)
Two compendiums (one good, one bad)
Three enormous, major tournaments, without major sponsors or shit music between matches
Faceless void remodel,
Three major patches, including one that changed several features and added several new items.

And we could be due for one more hero this year. Not sparse at all. Saying "only one new hero!" is short-sighted. Maybe not as much as LoL, but not sparse.

bu bu bu cosmetics money grubbing volvo why buuuuuuuuuu

kionedrik

I was never a LoL player but from my understanding all their heroes fit a concrete role in a well established non-shifting meta, so it's easier to create new heroes once you know in advance where they will fit and how they will be played. That's a major advantage when it comes to fine-tune a new hero and balance it.

Dota doesn't have that advantage. Each new patch sets a new meta game. It's understandable if that makes it harder to release new heroes.

As far as patches go, I'd also like to have more per year. Maybe instead of having 3 big ones have 5 or 6 not-so-big. At least that would cloud this sense of staleness.

Acinixys

what game are you comparing dota to that the content output is considered pathetic?

LoL, Dota's only real competitor, puts out a new hero every 2 - 3 months and has monthly balance changes

I understand Valve has 200 employees doing everything, and Riot has 1000 only making LoL, but come on

At least try and pretend your biggest money maker, and biggest E-Sport, is important to you

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm pretty sure Steam as a whole is Valve's Money Maker and if they wanted to Gaben could fire 90% of the company and be a Multi Billionaire.

KingKong

I'm pretty sure Steam as a whole is Valve's Money Maker and if they wanted to Gaben could fire 90% of the company and be a Multi Billionaire.

it literally prints money. they dont have to worry about retail, about making consoles, about negotiating contracts, stockholders, just keep adding games to Steam and pocketing 30 percent

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
daily reminder that freakinchair tried to get us to play dragomon hunter with him

I thought you were making a dumb name for monster hunter. Then I checked google:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/356330/

Shame on you Freakinchair.
facepalm.gif

Low Tier
on 2nd thought, i only have 1 wish for 6.86

armlet cooldown or at least a nerf on all this huskar+dazzle/oracle garbage

thanks ice frog

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Increasingly, Valve's moneymaker is CS Go, not Dota.

A shame. It should have been Dota. I personally spent hundreds of dollars on this game before they starting bungling practically every aspect of hat economy.

Fevaweva

Yet again Burning was the first to leave and didn't say GG. I thought RTZ was the saltiest DOTA 2 professional but Burning is on a whole nother level

abunai

these graphics for the summit are pretty nice, makes the defense finals from last weekend look even more amateur

playing natural selection 2 while waiting for 6.86 and valve went clowny on csgo, they added tunnels for gorges??? goty

A shame. It should have been Dota. I personally spent hundreds of dollars on this game before they starting bungling practically every aspect of hat economy.

there's no shame, the csgo team worked hard to get the game where it is.

they dropped the ball with this game tbh

elyetis

what game are you comparing dota to that the content output is considered pathetic?
Dota 2 previous year. Each year for the past 2 years now ? ( I won't say 3 years because the first half of 2013 was still a good year, which is not really surprising since it really begun with the game official 'release' in July that year )

On the bright side they were able to drag parity talk for 2 more years than what most people would have expected, that's quite a feat.

DrPizza

Banned
All I want from 6.86 is a concede option.

Absolutely not. The only way that would be acceptable would be if it required unanimity from all ten players (5 votes to concede, followed by 5 votes to accept the concession). Anything else robs people of games.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Why surrender when you can just feed couriers and/or a rapier?

Top Bottom