• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

bounchfx

image.php

All I want from 6.86 is a concede option.

manfestival

I havent played in like 2 weeks.... how bad am I going to be during my return? I will return with like twice the FPS but I need to know

As it turns out pro players hate Earth Spirit and want him removed from the game, not put into Captain's Mode.

I am shocked.

I am not shocked

The changes to spraying aren't even that big? Spray patterns are identical, and tapping was always a thing. Revolver will get nerfed no doubt and then it's whatever. People are just phobic about change, frankly.
I think it is fair to say Valve games do not have good communities. A bad community (CSGO) + a bad website (Reddit) is not a good combination at all, especially when people are as stuck in their ways as the Counter-Strike community is.
Pretty much. Especially hilarious since this change seems to be reminding people of 1.6. New players are now set in their new game's ways

I think it is fair to say Valve games do not have good communities. A bad community (CSGO) + a bad website (Reddit) is not a good combination at all, especially when people are as stuck in their ways as the Counter-Strike community is.

If hardcore CS:GO players had their way, the game would be played with wireframe weapons, textureless maps, and player models that are literally just hitboxes. I've never seen a gaming community so incredibly averse to change.

If CS:GO ever gets Source 2 I really look forward to the comments when they realize that it is not at all a 1:1 conversion.

If hardcore CS:GO players had their way, the game would be played with wireframe weapons, textureless maps, and player models that are literally just hitboxes. I've never seen a gaming community so incredibly averse to change.

If CS:GO ever gets Source 2 I really look forward to the comments when they realize that it is not at all a 1:1 conversion.

tbf, I think really it's just a subset of ultra tryhard decent players that feel that way. Most of the pros i've watched seem alright with the changes (barring r8 being OP), and typically seem okay with change in general. It's the 10k posts in /r/globaloffensive, can't stop arguing about his "playstyle", thinks everyone who uses default crosshair sucks ass kind of player that flips shit about every change.

tbf, I think really it's just a subset of ultra tryhard decent players that feel that way. Most of the pros i've watched seem alright with the changes (barring r8 being OP), and typically seem okay with change in general. It's the 10k posts in /r/globaloffensive, can't stop arguing about his "playstyle", thinks everyone who uses default crosshair sucks ass kind of player that flips shit about every change.
You're probably right. I saw the same sky is falling comments a few months ago when they made the AWP movespeed change and it seems that everyone has pretty much accepted it.

You'd think they'd have faith in Valve, though. It's like they don't even remember how garbage of a game GO was on launch.

If you've been playing since 1999 like some of these guys have odds are you "know everything".

Which, of course, translates to being totally inflexible, rather than actually having any more knowledge about what makes the game successful than anyone else.

And really, while CSGO's community is really awful about this, it's not at all unique. MMOs on the whole are rife with these clowns, for example. I imagine RTSes are probably similar but that isn't my genre so I can't say with much authority.

Top Bottom