• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

bbd23

gg

misc-fEEd.png

That new PC smell boys

Will post an image later. For now, I am trying to resist the urge to have the first game on my new rig be Dota. Trying to find a stable CPU over clock and afterwards I'll boot up Witcher.

Even though dota is a shit game, I'm tempted to run it first cuz I wanna see what 144hz and 144fps looks like. No way a single 980ti pulls over 100 frames at 1440p for Witcher.

Congrats on the new rig. What are you coming from?

bounchfx

that was the entire interview? rofl

lets recap

hows 6.85? bad
what do you want? LoL heroes in dota, new heroes.
how are you? i want weed

run commercial

sixghost

How is there no automatic detection for someone feeding couriers yet. What other situation could possibly result in someone building 5 walking couriers then getting them killed. That person should get banned for months and make the game leaveable.

Russ T

Banned
How is there no automatic detection for someone feeding couriers yet. What other situation could possibly result in someone building 5 walking couriers then getting them killed. That person should get banned for months and make the game leaveable.

agreed

also that should be pretty easily detectable you're right

valve fuck the new patch implement this now

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

My only guess is you get some dumb situations where a stack could collectively feed. Two players buy 2 extra couriers each, and then a 3rd micros them all into the enemy.

I personally just say make the courier restock timer longer. 1 courier stock limit, restock time of 10/15 minutes.

Russ T

Banned
Even if you only punish one person, you're still punishing one person (in this case, I'd say punish the guy who's feeding all five couriers - easy to detect, if they're moving toward the enemy with no items on them, that's a feed, and if they're doing it with five couriers at once, that's obviously an intentional feed).

Once they experience that punishment, they are unlikely to do it again (provided it is extreme enough), and that punishment will then transfer to one of the other three in that group, when they do it the next time.

In other words: better than nothing.

Deltoid

Banned
honestly dota would be so much better without omni

I hope icefrog has the balls to remove him, that hero just sucks any entertainment out of a game

Pratfall

That new PC smell boys

Will post an image later. For now, I am trying to resist the urge to have the first game on my new rig be Dota. Trying to find a stable CPU over clock and afterwards I'll boot up Witcher.

Even though dota is a shit game, I'm tempted to run it first cuz I wanna see what 144hz and 144fps looks like. No way a single 980ti pulls over 100 frames at 1440p for Witcher.

let me know if you had to do anything special to get dota to run above 60fps. I turned off vsync, tried a bunch of different stuff and couldn't get it to work.

Hylian7

Pretty sure there is automatic detection for that actually, they just unfortunately don't do the stuff you mentioned at the end. At the most, they get LPQ.

Hylian7

That new PC smell boys

Fuck that, play Elite Dangerous Horizons and land on a planet with settings maxed.

Top Bottom