• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

yeah bby slap dat ld
Kreygasm.png

I fucking love V1lat

What a throw from liquid
Good ol pub strat of getting aegis, doing nothing with it, take a stupid fight after it expires instead of killing rosh again (that they knew was up), lose game

Mordeccai

Congrats on the new rig. What are you coming from?

Fuck that, play Elite Dangerous Horizons and land on a planet with settings maxed.

let me know if you had to do anything special to get dota to run above 60fps. I turned off vsync, tried a bunch of different stuff and couldn't get it to work.

eziest cabling of my entire life, GG

I've been gradually upgrading my PC since the start of this year. I had an old sandy bridge cpu, a budget mobo, 550w power supply and a 7870.

In March I bought my first SSD. May, I bought a 970. Mid-June I did the EVGA step up to the 980ti, so I had the fucking ti in my dinosaur of a rig on a 550W psu for a while
dac15_face.gif

Bought an XB270HU to replace an old 20 inch 1080p lcd screen in early November. Just did it all piece by piece.

All in all it's an i5 6600k, 16gb of DDR4 3000mhz, 980ti, 850W EVGA psu (this thing is godly) and 2 500 gb 850 EVOs.

Just gonna use air cooling for now, though my temps are higher than I'd like. My cpu is hitting high 70's under load and the gpu goes to 82 with the fans spinning at 85%.

Hylian I wanna play ED, I have it installed and everything, but ever since I saw HOTAS and head tracking I refuse to start the game without a complete set up. Even more
bountyrune.gif
bountyrune.gif
bountyrune.gif

I'll let u know about unlocking the frame rate soon pratt

TUSR

Banned
let me know if you had to do anything special to get dota to run above 60fps. I turned off vsync, tried a bunch of different stuff and couldn't get it to work.

i got your message but i was asleep

run it exclusive fullscreen, should get you 120 fps

Hylian7

i got your message but i was asleep

run it exclusive fullscreen, should get you 120 fps

I've always wondered, is there an actual difference in running exclusive fullscreen vs borderless window? I've never really played much in exclusive fullscreen, but just from testing in a private match it seemed very similar.

Mordeccai

yeah so when I booted dota it just started running at 120 frames. I had v-sync already turned off, didn't have to tinker with anything.

but basically fuck this game idk why I spent an hour playing this shit when I could have been ploughing.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1993996333

techies is such an annoying hero, fucking idiot hero extended the game for 30 minutes. I have more dmg than our fucking alchemist does as a support SK, and so does our nyx.

fucking five slotted alch at 55 minutes

fuck me into oblivion time to use the power of the pc for bigger and better things

Hylian7

pick ursa enjoy ur free mmr hylian

I've actually been on an Ember kick lately, and been winning MMR off of him.

Honestly I haven't played much ranked as of late though, I play more unranked with friends.

pick SF
proceed to complain

Mainly because it was a 70+ minute game and it was just frustrating to lose that one. I think the issue there was the lack of damage from my teammates, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

We had miscommunications on whether we had detection or not when going uphill against Techies, and some of us got blown up. I remember a time I got blown up when I saw Slardar hitting bottom rax, so I thought it was safe there since he wasn't getting blown up. Then I walk right into remote mines and die and Slardar was a few units out of range.

The final push that lost us the game though we were all up for, and they just came straight down mid and overwhelmed us, I couldn't handle all of them by myself and the rest of my team was dying fast.

I feel like it was itemization here that was the problem.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i really really really hope 6.86 comes out and there are just 0 techies changes

i would take great pleasure in this

Sianos

why does the 360 analog stick have these sharp dots on it

as far as i can tell they serve no purpose other than to irritate the skin of my thumb

and why is the dpad both absolute trash and feature additional sharp edges

does the 360 controller have any redeeming factors do it besides the triggers feeling kind of nice y/n

as far as i can tell they serve no purpose other than to irritate the skin of my thumb

does the 360 controller have any redeeming factors do it besides the triggers feeling kind of nice y/n
Real question is why the fuck do current pads not have octogonal gates on their sticks like the gamecube's

TUSR

Banned

the raised dots wear away quickly

Sianos

Real question is why the fuck do current pads not have octogonal gates on their sticks like the gamecube's

good point, i do hate the circle gate and how finicky it makes hitting diagonals feel

the raised dots wear away quickly

the left and lower dots are worn off but the top and right ones aren't which i think is also throwing me off and causing me to rest my thumb in an awkward way

Hylian7

Yeah I never understood the decision to drop those on controllers nowadays. Even the Wii U Gamepad and Pro controller did the circular one. Thankfully the Gamecube adapter exists for Smash.

Hylian7

My 6.86 predictions:

The obvious nerfs (Tusk, Alch, Ember, etc.)
Spectre won't get touched at all, and will get picked in pro games more often. Still the unsung hero of 6.85.
Enchantress will get something big and offlane Enchantress will actually be seen somewhere beyond pub games.
Earth Spirit CM - Come on IceFrog, it's time. Terrorblade was OP when he was introduced into CM. Just do it.
Invoker gets a buff and finally returns.

Man I had never realised how much getting a job lowered my play time. Started working between 6.80 and 6.81

vdxpOw4.png

It's not even that I don't have the time, I just don't have the energy to play as much
aaaah.gif

oracle is so fucking trash though
His root is laughable, you can't gank with that shit except on an overextended offlaner
Fate's edict is so situational you might as well not level it in some games
Purif flames is weird as fuck and the heal should be delayed a bit so that oracle can become a good nuker
The ult is a joke now, dazzle has a 10 times better spell with lower CD, greater range and is not an ult

There's just no reason to pick oracle as of now

Couriers can't use items, even if they don't have a mana cost
See wards

Wouldn't it be neat if couriers could carry auras though ? Have vlads and AC on the mofo
nature-deal.gif

oh yeah there's that, can't use wards though, I don't know it's weird
What if you could evolve couriers for say 500 gold and they could ward and deward ?
invoker-laugh.gif

Top Bottom