• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hylian7

youj were supposed to destroy the sith not join them

I didn't, I'm not an Alchemist picker.
lol hylian are u serious kid

alch is a tiny baby jedi
ursa is anakin in luv wit padme

Yeah, and like I said, he picked last, I didn't see the pick coming. It's absolutely ridiculous that one hero only has two counters in the game and both of them are based on picks. Otherwise you just lose to him unless the Alchemist player is just bad.

Sianos

well whatever this patch is i can't imagine it being much worse than the 6.84 & 6.85 pubtrains

praying to
misc-rng.gif
esus that we get a decent meta paradigm this time

gai_shain

I didn't, I'm not an Alchemist picker.

Yeah, and like I said, he picked last, I didn't see the pick coming. It's absolutely ridiculous that one hero only has two counters in the game and both of them are based on picks. Otherwise you just lose to him unless the Alchemist player is just bad.

well thats bs
laugh.gif

Hylian7

the idea that alch only has 2 counters is quite something

almost half the roster has a way to deal with him

Maybe if the team is 5 people that have played together before and are on the same wavelength. Other than that it's a total crapshoot.

The other counter is hope the Alchemist is a bad player.

Satch

Banned
good warding is good against alch too i think, if u make sure u can see him ur team can rotate to kill him and take all of his jungle stacks

smoke of deceit etc

kionedrik

Maybe if the team is 5 people that have played together before and are on the same wavelength. Other than that it's a total crapshoot.

you just described the vast majority of pub games.

seriously: just pressure him in lane, contest his jungle, avoid fights if you have to and split push.
you're not going to right click him till much later so just focus your magic burst on him in the first 15-20 min

sixghost

The other counter is hope the Alchemist is a bad player.

This goes both ways. Ward his normal stacking camps so he can't hide in the jungle, then he wont have shit. People at 4k barely bother to deward the pull camp let alone all the other camps in the jungle. Gank him before 6. There's plenty of ways to beat him.

G.ZZZ

Hylian u literally say the same shit of a random 50% win ratio hero every patch and there's no way to convince you taht you're exxagerating because you're on a crusade. Why even post here?

Alche is shit.

Hylian7

you just described the vast majority of pub games.

seriously: just pressure him in lane, contest his jungle, avoid fights if you have to and split push.
you're not going to right click him till much later so just focus your magic burst on him in the first 15-20 min

Alchemist is a completely different story. Our team did that. It didn't fucking matter at all. We tried to contest his stacks and his stupid acid got them anyway.

sixghost

Alchemist is a completely different story. Our team did that. It didn't fucking matter at all. We tried to contest his stacks and his stupid acid got them anyway.

Why don't you just play alchemist a bunch and make notes of all the things the other team does to stop you. Then you'll either get a bunch of free MMR or you'll learn something.

Satch

Banned
buy heavens halberd and sheepstick

buy euls and ignore him for part of teamfight

buy atos and kite...

who are his two counters ? Ursa ? SF ?

? Ancient Apparition ? Doom ? templar assassin ? oracle because he can disarm ? disables work so maybe shadow shaman ? maybe enchantress if ur feeling saucy because of untouchable and her slow for kiting ? teamplay with ganks ? wards ? smoke of deceit ? ghost scepter ?

Hylian7

buy heavens halberd and sheepstick

buy euls and ignore him for part of teamfight

buy atos and kite...

who are his two counters ? Ursa ? SF ?

? Ancient Apparition ? Doom ? templar assassin ? oracle because he can disarm ? disables work so maybe shadow shaman ? maybe enchantress if ur feeling saucy because of untouchable and her slow for kiting ? teamplay that ganks ? wards ? smoke of deceit ? ghost scepter ?

Actually it was AA and Ursa.

We had a TA on our team in that particular game.

both my games with nu-aghs undying were really enjoyable, maybe I'm becoming the famed cancer everyone talks about so much

it feels weird and a little broken to suddenly gain like 1.5k HP because they stopped focusing you for one second

pick warlock​
max upheaval​
win​
thank me later​
trust me​

Pick warlock on a team with enigma, alchemist, necro and gyro.

After getting levels just five man it casting acid spray and midnight pulse on top of upheaval. Doubt they can stay close but capture any stragglers or runners with black hole and hit them with call down. Necro is just there for AOE passive damage.

Deltoid

Banned
Hylian u literally say the same shit of a random 50% win ratio hero every patch and there's no way to convince you taht you're exxagerating because you're on a crusade. Why even post here?

Alche is shit.

he just a kid wanting a bit of attention

Why don't you just play alchemist a bunch and make notes of all the things the other team does to stop you. Then you'll either get a bunch of free MMR or you'll learn something.

ur crazy

Omok

Banned
FUCK ALCHEMIST
FUCK THIS PATCH

My team bought armor and minus armor. It did fuck all.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2003125224

TA got Desolator damn fast, I got AC after Radiance. Didn't make a difference. We might as well have not even bought those items. The only way you beat Alch is you picked AA or Ursa (if you pick before him, you already lost) or he is just bad. Fucking stupid hero.

AFAIK Alch is a natural counter to Spectre. I would recommend playing Night Stalker mid if you think the other team will have Alchemist mid. Night stalker shits on Alchemist mid lane. Reasons:
1) High base armor (2nd highest base armor for strength hero) and HP to withstand acid spray during laning phase.
2) Silence to prevent Alchemist from entering Chemical Rage, and/or throwing unstable concoction.
3) Alchemist has poor stat gain. With an urn charge and lvl 4 Void, he dies pretty fast. Even if you don't manage to silence before he casts Chemical Rage, your right clicks will finish him off. (I prefer phase boots on Night Stalker to give an early attack damage boost).

Eventually Alchemist will outfarm a Night Stalker of course, so you do have a timing window. But once you have Urn, Phase, Aghanims, Assault Cuirass..the game should be easily won.

Hylian7

Could try Clinkz against Alch also.

I'll have to give that a try. Do people still play him offlane these days?

AFAIK Alch is a natural counter to Spectre. I would recommend playing Night Stalker mid if you think the other team will have Alchemist mid. Night stalker shits on Alchemist mid lane. Reasons:
1) High base armor (2nd highest base armor for strength hero) and HP to withstand acid spray during laning phase.
2) Silence to prevent Alchemist from entering Chemical Rage, and/or throwing unstable concoction.
3) Alchemist has poor stat gain. With an urn charge and lvl 4 Void, he dies pretty fast. Even if you don't manage to silence before he casts Chemical Rage, your right clicks will finish him off. (I prefer phase boots on Night Stalker to give an early attack damage boost).

Eventually Alchemist will outfarm a Night Stalker of course, so you do have a timing window. But once you have Urn, Phase, Aghanims, Assault Cuirass..the game should be easily won.

Honestly didn't expect NS as a counter to him, but I'll see about that, as long as my team will let me get away with NS mid these days.

sephi22

I'm not too confident the patch will have a new hero if 6.86 is the headline, but you never know I guess.
Haven't played Doto in 3 months. Will continue to do so if this is the case. Don't even want a new hero, but this is a matter of principle. We shouldn't have to go so long in between hero releases

Top Bottom