• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Blame mid.

Blame your support.

Blame offlane.

Call the other side nerds.

I already did that. Cm wasn't zoning the undying out
cm-vi1.gif

You can sort of jungle with her. Max Desolate, kill the small creeps first and you get Desolate on the big one. Get Urn, and maybe Ring of Health if you have to. It's okay to go other small things, even Diffusal, before your Radiance. In the worst of situations, I can still come out with a 25-27 minute Radiance.

Jungle is the "You don't have anywhere else to go" plan though. What you want to do is keep finding lanes that are close to farm. If the other team is 5-manned (or if the only people missing are people that can't do anything to you), then just start pushing/farming a lane, when they leave, dagger into trees and TP out.

I should have done this instead of looking at the offlaner for way too long

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go on reddit and tell them how your CM lost you 25 MMR and 300 compendium points!

We might get more CM buffs next patch.
smile.gif

Honestly, most of my early dota "career" was for position 4-5. Then at some point I could see that people would throw, don't know how to farm, even with vision they still get ganked because they wanted that ONE creep/tower, hover on mid for some reason (I specially hate this one, when I see my team doing this shit I just go farm even as support because fuck), our carry gets really farmed the suddenly tries to 1v5 like an idiot.

I just play a lot more greedy now because a support with items is better than a support with just boots and maybe a force staff/glimmer.

CM is really damn good at the moment tbh, sure her movement speed is shit but her skills are really sweet and with glimmer and shit in this game she's really good.

Honestly, most of my early dota "career" was for position 4-5. Then at some point I could see that people would throw, don't know how to farm, even with vision they still get ganked because they wanted that ONE creep/tower, hover on mid for some reason (I specially hate this one, when I see my team doing this shit I just go farm even as support because fuck), our carry gets really farmed the suddenly tries to 1v5 like an idiot.

I just play a lot more greedy now because a support with items is better than a support with just boots and maybe a force staff/glimmer.
I moved to carry because my shit tier mmr means no one actually considers that they might get ganked unless there's a pudge on the other team.

Still at shit mmr but it kinda worked.

I moved to carry because my shit tier mmr means no one actually considers that they might get ganked unless there's a pudge on the other team.

Still at shit mmr but it kinda worked.

Personally I choke a lot with position 1 carry for some reason, but I can play fine (at my level at least) semi-carry/mid. But my favorite heroes are crowd controllers like Jakiro, and I tend to dominate with them.

I got commended a lot for my Jakiro/Enigma/Earthshaker. Some decent times with Clock/Sand King/Lich/Venge. But I have this tendency to join fights too early or at the wrong time with carries like AM/Medusa/Troll tbh.

NBtoaster

I like playing offlane because its the least stressful role. If you lose it probably wasn't because of you and if you win you probably contributed.

Big Dog

Uninstalled dota after a long time coming earlier today. Decided I was done getting angry with this game after situations like this game. Was like 3v5 with the horrendous alch and pl we had. Did all I could with the most hero damage in the game.

I like playing offlane because its the least stressful role. If you lose it probably wasn't because of you and if you win you probably contributed.

Yeah. I also like that I can just get my ward and go solo to the offlane and just deal with it myself, without having to worry about a lane partner messing stuff up or having to rely on a lane partner doing well.

Yeah. I also like that I can just get my ward and go solo to the offlane and just deal with it myself, without having to worry about a lane partner messing stuff up or having to rely on a lane partner doing well.

>ask for solo offlane
>guy on your team wants to jungle
>guy who had his shit over abaddon all game last picks medusa
>comes to your lane anyway

This is my hell

Hylian7

As much shit as reborn gets, the custom games stuff is pretty damn amazing IMO. I honestly like this better than Source 1 in general.

>ask for solo offlane
>guy on your team wants to jungle
>guy who had his shit over abaddon all game last picks medusa
>comes to your lane anyway

This is my hell

You're support now.

Nothing worse than junglers in low mmr.

Tower about to fall 5 feet away? Gotta farm those creeps first lol.
"I keep getting ganked!" - proceeds to jungle with no vision.
"I need my radiance first!" @ min 45
Lanes crumble because it has been 4:5 for 20 minutes? Jungler still 4 level behind everyone else.

why do pub shits never EVER buy BKB if you're a PA and you don't buy BKB you should be dragged behind your house and shot

3 ranked losses in a row I'm so angry I want to fucking throw my keyboard at a wall

You're support now.

Nothing worse than junglers in low mmr.

Tower about to fall 5 feet away? Gotta farm those creeps first lol.
"I keep getting ganked!" - proceeds to jungle with no vision.
"I need my radiance first!" @ min 45
Lanes crumble because it has been 4:5 for 20 minutes? Jungler still 4 level behind everyone else.

It's like hell on Earth. Then they blame everyone else for their lack of an impact. Grats, you got farm, but so did all 5 of their heroes because we lost every lane. Good job.

DrPizza

Banned
why do pub shits never EVER buy BKB if you're a PA and you don't buy BKB you should be dragged behind your house and shot

3 ranked losses in a row I'm so angry I want to fucking throw my keyboard at a wall
BKB is simply the most boring item in the game. Crap stats, barely any damage. Plus it's an item where you second guess how to use it, because it gets worse as the game gets longer. So many more exciting items to get.

Felt so good seeing Evil Judases get 2-0ed.

Hylian7

If I have anyone like that on my team, I tell them that they can't do a billion damage if they are disabled the whole time, therefore BKB is a damage item.

BKB is simply the most boring item in the game. Crap stats, barely any damage. Plus it's an item where you second guess how to use it, because it gets worse as the game gets longer. So many more exciting items to get.

Gotta use that Stifling Dagger as harass (and only harass I didn't see him get a single last hit with it) against an Omni/Sniper lane and get that 45 min. basher instead I guess

Gotta use that Stifling Dagger as harass (and only harass I didn't see him get a single last hit with it) against an Omni/Sniper lane and get that 45 min. basher instead I guess

I saw a sniper naked rush a basher once

also the other week I saw 2 people attempt to fountain hook me

I saw a sniper naked rush a basher once

also the other week I saw 2 people attempt to fountain hook me

I had a necro going straight for a Vlad. Shoes later. "For the armor."

Same guy gets an orchid on sky without ever using it. Yes, it's a friend. You should see his "I use my nuke only for heroes with less than 50hp" Lina.

DrPizza

Banned
But on a more realistic note, I think BKB has been made much less useful in recent patches/metas. 6.85 is the first patch I can think of where Icefrog made some things NOT penetrate BKB after the pretty substantial Lina and QoP changes (and the not actually important Sproink change). Winter Wyvern, Gyrocopter, and Viper all lost some degree of BKB pension in 6.85.

It's also not that long ago that we had the BKB-piercing physical damage spin-to-win meta, the ho ho ha ha era, and before that, the Void Death Prophet Razor death ball.

Hylian7

But on a more realistic note, I think BKB has been made much less useful in recent patches/metas. 6.85 is the first patch I can think of where Icefrog made some things NOT penetrate BKB after the pretty substantial Lina and QoP changes (and the not actually important Sproink change). Winter Wyvern, Gyrocopter, and Viper all lost some degree of BKB pension in 6.85.

It's also not that long ago that we had the BKB-piercing physical damage spin-to-win meta, the ho ho ha ha era, and before that, the Void Death Prophet Razor death ball.

There's always been things that pierce BKB, but I think it holds the same value it always has: You need it to not get chain stunned, because if you're stunned the whole time, you're in big trouble. Yes, Aghs Laguna and QoP ult go through it, but what would be even worse would be Euls > Stun > Dragon Slave > Laguna without a BKB.

Haly

It was a conscious decision to allow INT heroes to remain relevant further into the game, which is partially what led to the Lina/Lesh/Storm/QoP mid meta of 6.84.

BKB is no longer the item it once was, and caster carries are more viable now than ever.

Just give Dream Coil BKB piercing plz OSFrog.

.516 total
.509 in 6.84
.636 in 6.85 but that's only out of 33 games

How much should we read into those numbers? other than that he can always stay relevant thanks to his aoe farming potential (either for catching up or gettting farther ahead) thus ensuring a team will at least be able to fight fairly well regardless?

I brought that up because I was watching Draskyl and he mentioned SF wasn't in a very good spot in competitive play at the moment.

Some doofus in chat also mentioned SF has a '90% chance to lose your team the game' which means he'd have a 10% win rate, right?

Haly

I haven't been watching ESL but honestly the fact that Lina, Storm and Lesh are no longer top tier midders means SF gets some breathing room.

He's made of rice paper and they all shat over him with their level 6 burst.

JC Sera

I brought that up because I was watching Draskyl and he mentioned SF wasn't in a very good spot in competitive play at the moment.

Some doofus in chat also mentioned SF has a '90% chance to lose your team the game' which means he'd have a 10% win rate, right?
I feel like SF is so saturated, you are more llikely to have a conformational bias of him losing, in the face of OP 60%~ winrate heroes while in reality hes fairly even and relatively balanced

from a spectator of professional games stand point

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dear tech support dotagaf -- the replacement gpu I'm using has an issue where the fan collides with the metal edges. makes for a clicking noise I'm not sure how to stop whenever I launch a game (including dota). How to fix
Is it clicking or coil whine because of an uncapped framerate?
You can use MSI Afterburner and manually adjust fan speed if it is an RPM thing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can't help but wonder how much more smoothly Draskyl's games would go if he used his PC mic to communicate with his team rather than solely to complain about them on his stream.

Haly

This is just phase 1 of the plan to remove BKB from the game.

JC Sera

I'm curious as to how the divine shield is going to work into all of this
maybe permanent magic immunity?
but that would be ridiculous

Sibylus

Banned
Can't help but wonder how much more smoothly Draskyl's games would go if he used his PC mic to communicate with his team rather than solely to complain about them on his stream.
I'm not sure he cares about winning enough to do that. He seems to enjoy a loss if it's stupid enough.

Hylian7

* Fixed a server exploit with Lone Druid
* Fixed being able to cast potions on Towers
* Fixed a bug where items from the Tributes of the Piercing Beak could not be gifted immediately
* Fixed a recent Custom Game stat modification regression
* Added support for dota_silent_roshan

Patch just came out, RIP salved towers. Also gifting support!

Also what is dota_silent_roshan?

Top Bottom