• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

JC Sera

there was a brief moment of soylent talk in this thread, nice
happytears.gif
has anyone here tried soylent
how is soylent 1 vs soylent 2

also lets discuss the cadmium scare

Sibylus

Banned
I had a (probably dumb) idea to incentivize turning BKB into a low CD single-spell counter item once it reaches its end of life, but realized belatedly I'd just turned it into a yellow Linken's Sphere. So much for that
laugh.gif

Wok

No one would think to try "Oh, you TP'd from fountain, let me give you my bottle and it will fill up!" without them seeing someone else do it first.

This was already answered before your claim.

Here's the explanation: The fountain area is a trigger zone that puts a buff on you which gives mana, regen, and refills your bottles. The "aura", like most auras in the game, are "sticky", and last for a few seconds upon leaving the trigger zone.

When you TP, you're still affected by the aura which is why you're allowed to TP to a tower at 90% HP and still reach 100% HP after a second or so. While the buff is active on you, bottles can be refilled because it's being constantly applied by the aura. The reason you can refill other people's bottles is the same reason the courier can refill your bottle. The courier isn't doing anything special with bottles. It gets the fountain buff like everyone else and ALL of its bottles will be refilled by the buff.

Boom.

Mechanics.
yolo.gif

It is no more or less arbitrary than tread switching and changing it is a balance issue, not a bug fixing one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As long as he's donating the clothes I don't think it's too bad.

If he's just tossing it out then we should toss him out for being human garbage.

Also what'd I tell you? Fucking techies. Ruining my dota and ruining my country.

Hylian7

Is there a way to re-roll just one hero on the 10-hero challenge? I don't think I'm going to win a game with Alchemist anytime soon. I can't figure out how to play the hero these days and the hero is garbage in general.

JC Sera

I will not miss salve working on towers.
That's just fucking wasteful.
oh god I remember the gaf thread on his article
I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find the thread, to no avail
http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1331
its pretty BS, the title even got a mod change to something like "rich idiot gives up alternate current"
Haly, he donates the clothes but he is somehow beyond human garbage.
he is pretty much the face of what people stereotypically considers whats wron with sillicon valley & hipsters
he proposes a wonderful neew lfestyle that is not wasteful; only if he adopts it
if everyone adopted it just wouldnt work

Haly

I mean, all my friends play LoL so when I tell them about my mmr they dont really understand bc its just an arbitrary number to them.
The struggle is real.

Haly

I think LC just needs an overhaul.

Keep Duel, rework the rest of her shit to enable Duel.

Hylian7

I think LC just needs an overhaul.

Keep Duel, rework the rest of her shit to enable Duel.

Moment of Courage would be a great place to start, possibly Overwhelming Odds too. Also her Aghs should give her an "end duel" button, then maybe it wouldn't be a downgrade to the hero.

Bit of food for thought:

I was thinking about how in almost every patch, at least since I have played Dota, Radiance has only been widely considered viable on a few heroes at a time.

Right now that list is this:

Naga Siren
Spectre
Lone Druid
Broodmother

And these are heroes I remember it being pretty common pickups on, but then that fell out of favor due to changes to the hero, meta shifts, or a combination of both:

Bloodseeker
Weaver
Terrorblade
Doom (although this might be making a comeback)
Alchemist
Brewmaster
Centaur Warrunner
Phantom Lancer
Enigma
Necrophos

Is it necessarily a bad thing that the item is only viable on a few heroes (I count four for this patch, 5 if you count Doom)? 5/110 is a pretty small percentage, especially given that every other item in the game is probably viable on many other heroes than that. Even before the miss chance buff, it was barely picked up on the heroes you see it picked up on today, because people said it wasn't worth it. Now with the miss chance and cheaper recipe, it is.

Should Radiance stay as an item that's only really good on a small percentage of the hero pool? I'm not saying every item has to be good on every hero, I'm just saying that Radiance in particular is one that is only good on a few heroes. I'd say the only other item that comes close to having this few heroes it's viable on is Bloodstone, which by my brief count is about 12 heroes right now. Significantly larger than the Radiance carriers.

Low Tier
is abyssal really a 'viable' item on many heros?

what about crimson guard?

niche items are niche but they're still a thing u ape

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
is abyssal really a 'viable' item on many heros?

what about crimson guard?

niche items are niche but they're still a thing u ape

I feel Abyssal is a natural progression for any hero who gets Basher.

I guess then the question is Basher really a core item on anyone. I think you could argue it really is with the new PA, but thats about it. Jugg, AM, and Alchemist area usually the only other heroes I want it on due to the low BATs.

I really don't see anyone get crimson guard anymore. I'm not sure what niche its good for outside of mitigating trolls ult.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I feel Abyssal is a natural progression for any hero who gets Basher.

I guess then the question is Basher really a core item on anyone. I think you could argue it really is with the new PA, but thats about it. Jugg, AM, and Alchemist area usually the only other heroes I want it on due to the low BATs.

I really don't see anyone get crimson guard anymore. I'm not sure what niche its good for outside of mitigating trolls ult.
Slark and Night Stalker also like basher but I can never figure out when to buy it

Cz17Ls3.png

KwIfPkj.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsrc3vCL13E

yep, she's fine. just don't put her on the 1 position slot unless you want to really build your comp around her. she shines with mid farm and levels into silver edge ganking and murdering shenanigans. or, in my mmr anyway. ymmv. and yes, i like deso sometimes. but mostly because I don't autocast frost arrows ever. i manually press every time. easy for me to just not press once to get the deso debuff, then go back to frost arrows. pretty painful and also makes fighting more interesting as it gives you something to do other than simply turn on Q and go to sleep. try it sometime if your team won't report you if you fail.

JC Sera

Cz17Ls3.png

KwIfPkj.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsrc3vCL13E

yep, she's fine. just don't put her on the 1 position slot unless you want to really build your comp around her. she shines with mid farm and levels into silver edge ganking and murdering shenanigans. or, in my mmr anyway. ymmv. and yes, i like deso sometimes. but mostly because I don't autocast frost arrows ever. i manually press every time. easy for me to just not press once to get the deso debuff, then go back to frost arrows. pretty painful and also makes fighting more interesting as it gives you something to do other than simply turn on Q and go to sleep. try it sometime if your team won't report you if you fail.
aren't u ever worried about being to squishy without treads?

aren't u ever worried about being to squishy without treads?

i usually build treads, incidentally...though oddly I've build phase boots more in this patch than not which is unusual for me. Generally speaking, it just depends on how i feel about my mobility and how much i feel like i want/need. it's never about the damage for me because drow already has plenty of that by default; it's just about how I want to pursue/escape. Drow is kinda slow, so phasers sort of help me bridge the gap between early game and whatever mobility item I want (sb or blink). if i'm playing 1 position drow I get treads 85% of the time and probably no mobility item at all. mid drow is more like 60/40. if a team has heavy nuke, it doesn't matter what boots I have; I'm going to die if they catch me.

JC Sera

i usually build treads, incidentally...though oddly I've build phase boots more in this patch than not which is unusual for me. Generally speaking, it just depends on how i feel about my mobility and how much i feel like i want/need. it's never about the damage for me because drow already has plenty of that by default; it's just about how I want to pursue/escape. Drow is kinda slow, so phasers sort of help me bridge the gap between early game and whatever mobility item I want (sb or blink). if i'm playing 1 position drow I get treads 85% of the time and probably no mobility item at all. mid drow is more like 60/40. if a team has heavy nuke, it doesn't matter what boots I have; I'm going to die if they catch me.
fair enough
smile.gif

I never play her 1
mainly just rat while everyone makes space

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
17% evasion for the whole team, on a hero who lacks physical damage reduction
add scorched earth on top of that and you don't wanna stay near that mofo
Yeah but you usually build shivas on him for armour and to keep fast heroes closer during aghs Doom

Personally I'm always a bit ho hum building radi on heroes that already have aoe damage effects (Phoenix too) because it always feels to me like there's a more useful item to build than something that gives you more of the same

Fevaweva

Is anywhere rebroadcasting yesterday's ESL in English? I was out at a club last night and now I want to see Eg get their asses handed to them.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm having a problem understanding compendium functions.

I was in a match where me and someone else on my team both wagered 100 coins (other side wagered zero)

We won, and no coins were rewarded. Why?

shira

I'm having a problem understanding compendium functions.

I was in a match where me and someone else on my team both wagered 100 coins (other side wagered zero)

We won, and no coins were rewarded. Why?
It's a bet 100 vs 0= 0

Apparently valve takes a cut too. If each team bets 100. Winner gets 190. Ain't got time for this bullshit

Is it normal to get coins without a compendium? Does Valvo feel like it will make us buy one when we get enough for a set?

I bet there is people out there who will wait for high bet matches and start feeding.

Top Bottom