• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

JudgeN

So what up with this Hylian7 going all man baby in this inhouse league? For someone who spews his unwanted advice throughout this thread I expected better behavior.

Team wipes other team but hylian dies and spams GG and ends game.

lol wtf that's some next level
BabyRage.png

Edit: Seems like you tried your best to put Hylian under a worse light than what it actually was.

Hylian7

Team wipes other team but hylian dies and spams GG and ends game.

The only reason I had to spam gg was because someone on our team kept cancelling the countdown and we would get another strike if we did that again, because this happened last week.

We tried to defend that rax, and even though there was a teamwipe at the last second, we still lost the rax and had no time to do anything, we were super behind in farm, and there was no reason to play the next ten minutes of a losing game like that when we could just go onto game 2 and start fresh

Artanisix

The only reason I had to spam gg was because someone on our team kept cancelling the countdown and we would get another strike if we did that again, because this happened last week.

We tried to defend that rax, and even though there was a teamwipe at the last second, we still lost the rax and had no time to do anything, we were super behind in farm, and there was no reason to play the next ten minutes of a losing game like that when we could just go onto game 2 and start fresh

BCWarrior.png

JudgeN

You went into the next game "Fresh" and lost in 17 minutes maybe you should played it out

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Except you just typed gg without saying any of this and all of us disagreed with the call. 3k behind on each core is not super behind when we have can win teamfights. It's game 1, let our team play out a winnable game.
Even worse is the fact that we had TA vs Viper mid and it sounded like you gave up at that point which is not nearly as bad as you think, as I told you to relax, get your levels, stack ancients, etc. We should have laned swapped earlier and I didn't communicate our kill lane potential (Deso wasn't being maxed) to spec after we rotated. But that's just growing pain stuff. Anyway, I don't think I can play with you on an IHL team comfortably when we have conflicting shot calls and you won't budge on your stance. I said it before but I can't trust your fight calls since you don't look at fights. Same thing with your rigidity on other things like needing items to fight.

You can say you won't fight without BKB but if we get a vac wall phoenix 4 man ulti with shivas then you don't get to click a creep wave away from the fight and not TP for 5 seconds when tower TP CD is still 2.5 since we are 4v5 under T2. Then when 3 cores have 200hp left and you didnt fight yeah we lose. Three people fighting make a call for you to TP and you don't, then it's just not going to work.

Then if you reply you won't address the issues and you'll go look at the replay and point out random shit that doesn't matter. IHL isn't going to work out imo, even trying to act intermediary between you and ksan.

Hylian7

You went into the next game "Fresh" and lost in 17 minutes maybe you should played it out

What happened in game 2 doesn't have anything to do with game 1, so I don't see how that's relevant.

Except you just typed gg without saying any of this and all of us disagreed with the call.

I did say this, I very clearly said it before I typed this. We discussed before that nobody will cancel gg calls. We disagree on things all the time, it's why we never win games.

I did say this, I very clearly said it before I typed this. We discussed before that nobody will cancel gg calls. We disagree on things all the time, it's why we never win games.

Dude I don't understand why you captain and then expect everyone to follow you to the ends of the earth, despite all evidence to the contrary.

"we disagree on things all the time" then if you disagree on something, why not have a proper conversation about it and try to be more flexible?

As far as the fake GGs is concerned, just don't call GG to end the game early if you're so worried about strikes.

Hylian7

Dude I don't understand why you captain and then expect everyone to follow you to the ends of the earth, despite all evidence to the contrary.

"we disagree on things all the time" then if you disagree on something, why not have a proper conversation about it and try to be more flexible?

Because Dota doesn't give you time to sit there and debate the intracacies about who you are going to kill as they are running away from you. If I say "Kill this guy he's alone and a free kill", and everyone goes for someone else and dies instead, then yes, that's definitely a problem.

Because Dota doesn't give you time to sit there and debate the intracacies about who you are going to kill as they are running away from you. If I say "Kill this guy he's alone and a free kill", and everyone goes for someone else and dies instead, then yes, that's definitely a problem.

Then why not designate a dedicated shotcaller? If you're having issues getting the team to follow your calls, then have someone else do the calling. I don't understand how every team except yours seems to mitigate these issues, and yet it's something outside your control. That's bunk, man.

Not to mention Dota gives you ample time to discuss something like a GG, so I'm not sure why that sort of disagreement is relevant to this incident.
what the fuck you weren't BSing

Hylian7

Then why not designate a dedicated shotcaller? If you're having issues getting the team to follow your calls, then have someone else do the calling. I don't understand how every team except yours seems to mitigate these issues, and yet it's something outside your control. That's bunk, man.

Not to mention Dota gives you ample time to discuss something like a GG, so I'm not sure why that sort of disagreement is relevant to this incident.

I don't know the easy answer. We have tried having myself and someone call shots, but we have huge problems following through, and execution errors. As for the GG thing, often people don't want to admit we've lost, and I told my team last week that anyone that cancels is getting kicked from the team. End of discussion. We are not getting more strikes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

We were working things out with ksan since he expects us to be 5k (Not a bad thing, just adjustment). First real game and trying to do things like short countdowns or call out an ability since if he sees a kill we might not be sure how we get it and the timing windows he's seeing are like 1-3 seconds long. Basically just pretend to be EE in a pub.
I talked about it with gx after on the dive on luna top about what we each were expecting to happen (Surge? He was waiting for double ion shell to go. I was waiting for him to go. ksan made call to go twice and blinked and I wasn't sure where the extra damage to kill was going to come from, etc.). It's our first real game so it's obviously something that needed to be worked on and it was going pretty well imo since I'd talk about it after and address it. Normal stuff.
???? you typed gg and everyone said 'what?'. You aren't even addressing what I wrote.
Then it started and we couldn't cancel because we'd get ROOLBOOKD, but that doesn't have to do with the fact you did it without listening to us or talking about a completely winnable game.

manfestival

that feeling you pick support so the rest of your team can free pick... then they pick 3 more supports...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
aaaah.gif

We were working things out with ksan since he expects us to be 5k (Not a bad thing, just adjustment). First real game and trying to do things like short countdowns or call out an ability since if he sees a kill we might not be sure how we get it and the timing windows he's seeing are like 1-3 seconds long. Basically just pretend to be EE in a pub.
I talked about it with gx after on the dive on luna top about what we each were expecting to happen (Surge? He was waiting for double ion shell to go. I was waiting for him to go. ksan made call to go twice and blinked and I wasn't sure where the extra damage to kill was going to come from, etc.). It's our first real game so it's obviously something that needed to be worked on and it was going pretty well imo since I'd talk about it after and address it. Normal stuff.

I wouldn't even call that a disagreement though lol. Standard communication issues.

Top Bottom