• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Baha

Really hoping Vega resists any attempts by Na'Vi to poach their players. That said, I'm really happy for Vega. Felt they could've made it to ti5 through the qualifiers but winning ESL One 3 months later really shows how much their hard work paid off.

abunai

Nice! Happy for mag after he parted ways with empire just before they hit the big leagues last year. Super coordinated play there.

Tworak

Really hoping Vega resists any attempts by Na'Vi to poach their players. That said, I'm really happy for Vega. Felt they could've made it to ti5 through the qualifiers but winning ESL One 3 months later really shows how much their hard work paid off.

ya think navi has any pull any more? they've been a mess for a while

Baha

ya think navi has any pull any more? they've been a mess for a while

Given how often they've changed their roster in this year alone, I think their mess still appeals to certain players since the salary offered is probably higher than other CIS organizations can afford.

Vega played a lot of games on this patch and beat teams that had new team line ups and stand ins. Not to take anything away from them, but I wonder what their performance is one the meta shakes out and stability hits.

Satch

Banned
eg's gonna win ti6 btw, dont take my frustrations as a signal to drag my team
SwiftRage.png

theyre still the best dota 2 team with the best dota 2 player in dota 2 history, so make fun of them now while you can eg & rtz haterstraights
4Head.png

Hylian7

Had a really bizarre thing happen earlier. When we kept getting kicked back to lobby because we got Reborn'd during the IHL matches, when I tried to chat in lobby after the first time it just said "(No one hears you)".

I'm not muted, I could chat everywhere else just fine. I played a pub game and could talk in text and voice with no problem. Wtf was that about?

TheCrow

Had a really bizarre thing happen earlier. When we kept getting kicked back to lobby because we got Reborn'd during the IHL matches, when I tried to chat in lobby after the first time it just said "(No one hears you)".

I'm not muted, I could chat everywhere else just fine. I played a pub game and could talk in text and voice with no problem. Wtf was that about?

Same thing happened to sanjay. Game is weird.

TUSR

Banned
if you set a series to a BO3 and only complete 2 games (like the IHL format) i havent had success at looking at G1 of a series.

Mordeccai

I have been gone from the internet land for 1.5 weeks

what have I missed in dota, apparently we got 6.85 and the patch thirst is sated for the next few weeks?

giff list of OP heros kthnx

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, who do you think will get invited to the Major and the Qualifiers? Invitations will be announced tomorrow. Here is what we know:

Ahead of this Major, there will be Open Qualifiers from October 6-9, and Regional Qualifiers from October 10-13. Any team may participate in an Open Qualifier, and two teams from each region will be among those invited to participate in the Regional Qualifiers. The Regional Qualifiers will then determine several of the teams to be invited to battle at the Major. Direct invitations to the Major and the Regional Qualifiers will be announced on October 5th.

The teams that will be directly invited to the Frankfurt Major and its Regional Qualifiers will be revealed on October 5th. The Open Qualifiers will be hosted by FaceIt and Perfect World and will take place October 6 – 9, with the Regional Qualifiers occurring October 10 – 13. Open Qualifier registration will open to any Dota players who wish to compete on October 1st.

It looks like there will be 4 Qualifiers like last time, Americas, SEA, Europe, and China. So only 8 teams will even be directly invited to the qualifiers.

The number of teams invited to the main event will likely be between 6 and 10. I'm going to guess 8 teams will get invited to the main event.

So here are my guesses for the invites.

Main Event:
EG
VP
Secret
CEDC
VG
LGD
EHOME
MVP

(Basically top 8 from TI5)

Qualifiers: