• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Deadly

So, who do you think will get invited to the Major and the Qualifiers? Invitations will be announced tomorrow. Here is what we know:
It looks like there will be 4 Qualifiers like last time, Americas, SEA, Europe, and China. So only 8 teams will even be directly invited to the qualifiers.

The number of teams invited to the main event will likely be between 6 and 10. I'm going to guess 8 teams will get invited to the main event.

So here are my guesses for the invites.
Sounds about right. 5jungz is up for contention though. How has Monkey Business been doing?

Thorinbei

Neo Member
hung out with luv2 after the ESL games on saturday. That night was great. Man can he drink. Hope i can hang out with some of you other guys whenever you're in New York.

I don't know about any other IHL teams, but i think my team has the most problems..

almost always perfect attendance on scheduled days, people are fine with sitting to let others play, no teammates shouting at me for my mistakes (sorry guys), we do the blame game in our minds and not on mumble. so many problems
#iloveteamezito

hung out with luv2 after the ESL games on saturday. That night was great. Man can he drink. Hope i can hang out with some of you other guys whenever you're in New York.

I don't know about any other IHL teams, but i think my team has the most problems..

almost always perfect attendance on scheduled days, people are fine with sitting to let others play, no teammates shouting at me for my mistakes (sorry guys), we do the blame game in our minds and not on mumble. so many problems
#iloveteamezito

whoa t dog made a post

JC Sera

I just found out Haly likes katanagatari
ZTTIRbM.gif

JC Sera

Hylian7

Wasn't there something with negative damage and life steal awhile back

But I like being panadered too!

And I like not having games completely changed to be pandering. You can tell that Atlus's priorities lie much more with Persona, but I'm glad they are at least throwing us real SMT people a bone with this countdown.

Hylian7

"real smt people"

Wow

Persona isn't SMT, what's wrong with that?

Some people prefer SMT, others (and sadly many others) prefer Persona.

Persona is a spinoff from SMT, and still uses the demons from the SMT franchise either as demons, Personas, or both, but the series has never been labeled as "Shin Megami Tensei". The only exception to that was when Persona 3 was released in the US and SMT was more likely to be recognized than Persona in the US at that point. This was after releasing Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 on the PS2.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
From the shell, a song of the sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again
oexTA6a.gif

Hylian7

it just sounds kinda pretentious
like "real anime fans"
or "real gamers"

That's not the intent. Persona isn't really SMT. SMT is real SMT, and many people mistake Persona for being SMT.

There are other subseries that some are released as SMT and some aren't. Digital Devil Saga was "Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner" in Japan, but released as an SMT game in the US because it came out after Nocturne. The Devil Summoner games are SMT, but aren't considered SMT because they do not take place in apocalyptic/rebuilding the world under a moral standard scenario.

There are weird intracicies about many of the games in the series. Here's a weird one: SMT: Strange Journey was actually developed as SMTIV, however it wasn't SMTIV because it doesn't take place in Tokyo. However generally everyone considers it to be a mainline game as it plays like one, despite not taking place in Tokyo.

lina's arcana sucks

Infuse the new Lina set and wear that with it. Boom, Lina Arcana good again.

Chris R

Made the mistake of playing two Single Draft games tonight. Made sure to remove it as soon as the 2nd game was safe to leave lol

Hylian7

I really wouldn't be surprised

pretty square enix thing to do though :p

Good thing this isn't Square Enix, who can't even release their mobile ports of older games in the US.

In fact they're one of the few companies I would WANT their mobile ports for older games. We never got SMT1 and 2 in the US and SMT1 is only available in English on iOS app store. I have an Android phone.

Hylian7

BTW, you shouldnt waste time arguing with Griss about SMT4. He made a thread about how bad he thinks SMT4 is. Now its apparently only good because it is an exclusive.

facepalm.gif

Unlike Pokemon, there is no personality to demons

...did he not read the lore or even look at these things? The inspiration for demons is crazy awesome, just look at Chemtrail.

latest

"A man-made weather phenomenon that grew into an urban myth. It is thought by some to be the conspiracy of a secret society.
What appears to be simple vapor trails are actually harmful metals sprayed from airplanes. There are several theories about the reason for this, including population control through disease, destroying all living beings by cutting off sunlight, and control of the weather. Since the mass media is controlled by the culprits, the truth will never be known. It is believed that the negative energy from people who believe in this conspiracy formed the demon."
— Shin Megami Tensei IV Compendium

SMH @ all the people agreeing with all of his points. He hasn't played Nocturne, has he?

He even said the music of SMT4 was bad in his thread...even I'm willing to admit SMT4's music is better than Nocturne's, which is the game I consider to be the gold standard of the franchise.

Edit:

ROFL

SMH @ all the people agreeing with all of his points. He hasn't played Nocturne, has he?

I really should give that one another try.
My ps3 save got corrupted somehow and i had to drop it because i didnt trust the PSN version. With mgsV done this would be a good time to give it another go!

Top Bottom