• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

i think i'll go play smite
misc-frog.gif

Mordeccai

amd video cards are never a good deal

this is outdated sentiment. like, six months outdated. AMD cards have been doing great and are benchmarking better in DX12. Only reason I can see to choose Nvidia over AMD at this point is if you have a gsync capable monitor.

G.ZZZ

I must say that now that i'm freefalling and i don't give a shit randoming every game, i'm having fun when 90% of my games someone else flame me at minute 0 and feed all game because i random. 4ks confirmed 0 mental attitude to win at this game.

Kermit-the-Frog-sipping-tea-jpg.jpg

I must say that now that i'm freefalling and i don't give a shit randoming every game, i'm having fun when 90% of my games someone else flame me at minute 0 and feed all game because i random. 4ks confirmed 0 mental attitude to win at this game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

randoming is the best way to play unless you get dragon knife or fleagion

the fumes are funny

Russ T

Banned
this is outdated sentiment. like, six months outdated. AMD cards have been doing great and are benchmarking better in DX12. Only reason I can see to choose Nvidia over AMD at this point is if you have a gsync capable monitor.

People have been saying that for years. Hardware-wise, it might be true, but video cards are more than hardware. I'll believe it when I buy one and the drivers don't shit the bed every other month. I've never had anything but bad luck with them. ):

My opinions on this are not as strong as this post would have you believe.

---

Guys I know I'm late to the party but MGSV is a really fun game wow.

I might play some Dota tonight tho I need a break from the non-stop side-ops that I can't stop myself from doing. People still like Dota, right?

Hylian7

Wait, what is this? That would be incredible. Strange Journey is one of my favourite SMTs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/05/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-announced/

The tweetdown ended, It's Shin Megami Tensei IV Final. They didn't say much about it, but looking at that artwork it looks like an SMTIV prequel. The protagonist looks like Akira, that's definitely Nozomi on the right (the photograph sidequest girl), probably Akira's sister on the left of him, I'm not sure about the other two guys on the left of her, but if I had to guess I would say Fujiwara and Skins. You can also see Medusa and Merkabah in the background, and then that ghost/fairy Navarre thing.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/05/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-announced/

The tweetdown ended, It's Shin Megami Tensei IV Final. They didn't say much about it, but looking at that artwork it looks like an SMTIV prequel. The protagonist looks like Akira, that's definitely Nozomi on the right (the photograph sidequest girl), probably Akira's sister on the left of him, I'm not sure about the other two guys on the left of her, but if I had to guess I would say Fujiwara and Skins. You can also see Medusa and Merkabah in the background, and then that ghost/fairy Navarre thing.

What the hell, this is incredible news. We Euros will get Devil Survivor 2 this month too which i'm super psyched about given that I consider DeS:O the best 3DS game.Thanks for the news.

Hylian7

What the hell, this is incredible news. We Euros will get Devil Survivor 2 this month too which i'm super psyched about given that I consider DeS:O the best 3DS game.Thanks for the news.

No problem. I'm fucking hyped for this, as they had me worried about mainline SMT after what SMTxFE turned into. I wonder if they might address some of the gameplay complaints people had about SMTIV, such as the world map.

No problem. I'm fucking hyped for this, as they had me worried about mainline SMT after what SMTxFE turned into. I wonder if they might address some of the gameplay complaints people had about SMTIV, such as the world map.

Yeah, I liked SMT IV but it's honestly not among the best SMTs I have played. What they need to improve on:

- better difficulty curve. Being tough in the first 5 hours and walk in the park for the rest of the game is not optimal
- get rid of quicksave as it takes out a lot of tension. Design the game and the dungeons around save spots.
- make dungeons longer and harder like Digital Devil Saga 1 and Nocturne
- make the game longer. Took me about 35h to finish it on the hard route. Tad too short for my taste

Rest was good. The amount of demons was unprecedentedly high so I hope they keep that. Story and characters were dope too.

aeolist

Banned
How can any team bring themselves to care about non Valve-sanctioned tournaments when they don't have these real-ass prize pools. Even ESL New York's quarter milli was nothing next to this.

hopefully it means that the big teams just play the majors and smaller shit like esl one are reserved for up and comers

KingKong

How can any team bring themselves to care about non Valve-sanctioned tournaments when they don't have these real-ass prize pools. Even ESL New York's quarter milli was nothing next to this.

That's going to happen, I already don't expect EG to bother with any tournament that doesn't just give them a direct invite, and even then they probably won't go to China for a non-major

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it explains why the na teams were so unbothered with ESL, they were saving their time and energy for the real big bucks. yurotrash stays losing with their pocket change winnings tbh.

Hylian7

Yeah, I liked SMT IV but it's honestly not among the best SMTs I have played. What they need to improve on:

- better difficulty curve. Being tough in the first 5 hours and walk in the park for the rest of the game is not optimal
- get rid of quicksave as it takes out a lot of tension. Design the game and the dungeons around save spots.
- make dungeons longer and harder like Digital Devil Saga 1 and Nocturne
- make the game longer. Took me about 35h to finish it on the hard route. Tad too short for my taste

Rest was good. The amount of demons was unprecedentedly high so I hope they keep that. Story and characters were dope too.

Yeah, I agree with most of that. I also hope they don't make neutral feel as artificially padded in length as it was in SMTIV (Guess what? You have to do ALL the sidequests! Oh you didn't find them all? GOOD LUCK!)

Vade

Guys, I saw a used Vita for 120$~ last week, I have not owned a handheld since the brick back when I was a tiny, full haired accountant. Is this dead system worth buying for anything other than gravity rush?

Dreavus

For the greater good....MINE.

"Are compendiums losing their magic ?" the nerd yells into the void, hoping the response comforts him.

I don't know if they are "losing their magic" but the whole coin chest business made me raise an eyebrow: multiples required to move up a tier, duplicates allowed, "rerolling" the highest tier. Not a huge fan of the more gambling style, even more so than fishing for a "super rare" in a chest (which I don't do anyways).

Reminds me of fusing in something like Puzzle and Dragons and not really in a good way.

Challenges are pretty fun though so whatever.

Pratfall

I don't know if they are "losing their magic" but the whole coin chest business made me raise an eyebrow: multiples required to move up a tier, duplicates allowed, "rerolling" the highest tier. Not a huge fan of the more gambling style, even more so than fishing for a "super rare" in a chest (which I don't do anyways).

Reminds me of fusing in something like Puzzle and Dragons and not really in a good way.

Challenges are pretty fun though so whatever.

How soon people forget the old chest system and the faceless rex crapshoot that happened this summer. Valve has always been into this because the gamblers fallacy is an incredible money making tool.

Yeah, I agree with most of that. I also hope they don't make neutral feel as artificially padded in length as it was in SMTIV (Guess what? You have to do ALL the sidequests! Oh you didn't find them all? GOOD LUCK!)

I only ever finished it once and went the evil (which I mistakenly labeled "hard route") route. Didn't realize getting the neutral ending was so tedious.

Hylian7

I only ever finished it once and went the evil (which I mistakenly labeled "hard route") route. Didn't realize getting the neutral ending was so tedious.

Neutral ending is very tedious, but the payoff is pretty good and I thought it was the only really satisfying ending in the game. The Chaos ending was okay-ish, and at least felt like a Chaos ending. The Law ending was the dumbest thing though.

Top Bottom