• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

t0rment

rat doto best doto
anuxi_deal.gif

aeolist

Banned
that was amazing

i loved how the casters were so skeptical at first and then gradually came to the horrifying realization that it was working

M.D

kuro's team is shit, it is known

they found a nice little strategy after the new patch and went on a winning spree for like a week or two, but now they're figured out

Arol

Two Peruvian teams in the American Qualifiers.

It would be cool to see one of them make it to the major and have more regions of the world represented.

Although improbable, I would find it hilarious if both made it knocking out the NA teams.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

It would be cool to see one of them make it to the major and have more regions of the world represented.

Although improbable, I would find it hilarious if both made it knocking out the NA teams.

Americas and SEA qualifiers are a joke. I know Valve wants to incentivize teams from these regions to compete but they need to just get rid of both of those qualifiers and double the amount of EU and Chinese teams make it to the major.

Fevaweva

Liquid nooooooooooooooooooooooo. What an amazing game though. Admiral Bulldog is truly the best Nature's Prophet player in the world. As if there was any doubt.

shira

They have the same issues that every non-regular team does
- adjusting to sub 100 ping LAN conditions
- visa/travel issues
- social/language barriers

It's great to dream, but they basically have to climb 3 mountains and then run a marathon. Unless their support structure improves or their sponsor gives them a huge pick-me-up like a German bootcamp or something, they are just going to get overwhelmed.

See MLG 2014, Summit 2

Arol

They have the same issues that every non-regular team does
- adjusting to sub 100 ping LAN conditions
- visa/travel issues
- social/language barriers

It's great to dream, but they basically have to climb 3 mountains and then run a marathon. Unless their support structure improves or their sponsor gives them a huge pick-me-up like a German bootcamp or something, they are just going to get overwhelmed.

See MLG 2014, Summit 2

I think Pain Gaming had the right idea, drop out, go to the Brasil Cup and you stay local + win guaranteed money which they'll probably do in later today.

Americas and SEA qualifiers are a joke. I know Valve wants to incentivize teams from these regions to compete but they need to just get rid of both of those qualifiers and double the amount of EU and Chinese teams make it to the major.

I don't really care either way, its mainly schadenfreude but going forward I think it would be neat if something similar to how soccer tournaments do is adopted, which in a regions/countries/leagues are weighted based on performance and then they are given more spots or less in the main event.

I think Valve would have to get rid of the invite system and I'm not sure if that's something they want to do.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Terrible idea.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

hmm yeah great idea stuff the finals with rat dota and 90 minute farm marathons instead of real, skillful, hype-inducing red blooded USA dota that the crowd actually cares about
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

Really hate playing against alch in solo queue, game has gotten to the point where if you leave him alone for 5 minutes he's already got a core item built. Still better than techies I guess. Just frustrating that with every patch the laning phase becomes less and less important. Not muh dota.

M.D

i don't really think the EU/CIS teams outside the top 2 or 3 are any better than NA/SA

maybe china
monkey, secret, vega and vp are all definitely better than any NA team other than EG

i'd even say alliance if they actually get back to form and same goes for empire

Sianos

Really hate playing against alch in solo queue, game has gotten to the point where if you live him alone for 5 minutes he's already got a core item built. Still better than techies I guess. Just frustrating that with every patch the laning phase becomes less and less important. Not muh dota.
Feeding streaks still gives 1k+ gold, its absurd. I remember seeing a 1.6k fed streak yesterday for I think just an unstoppable streak on a semicarry.

I am definitely loving Alchemist though, even with slow starts I very quickly make mad money.

ALSO rat dota is necessary to bring about an end to five man bot game deathball particle effect spam meta.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the most cancerous team in this patch would be Brood off, Alch mid, Spectre safe, Dazzle safe and one more roam/support.

I would quit on the spot against that lineup.

inkls

I think the most cancerous team in this patch would be Brood off, Alch mid, Spectre safe, Dazzle safe and one more roam/support.

I would quit on the spot against that lineup.

you forgot the necro who didn't read the patch notes and is ancient farming

M.D

They have to play the loser and if they win, they're in.
wait so what is that bo1 marked as finals on the bracket page on gosugaming

the winner of monkey vs nip is in as well as the winner of alliance vs loser from monkey nip series.. right?

M.D

i think god's strength should give sven all of zeus's abilities

aghs upgrade summons zeus on sven's back, automatically zapping everyone within a 1000 range while high fiving sven for each successful zap
each high five increases sven's damage by a 50

shira

i think god's strength should give sven all of zeus's abilities

aghs upgrade summons zeus on sven's back, automatically zapping everyone within a 1000 range while high fiving sven for each successful zap
each high five increases sven's damage by a 50
How bout this
xXzVEDz.png

Sven was my favorite hero when I started DOTA, but after I actually started learning stuff about the game I couldn't think of a situation where I'd want him over PA/PL/Void/Spectre or even Wraith King

even the aghs is underwhelming as fuck

$2.50 worth Y/N

For that price its definitely worth it IMO. Especially if you are going for a full playthrough for the
Hurtful Boyfriend
scenario.

Hell, if you get all the endings and you somehow don't like it ill pay you $2.50.
In DOTA sets

Edit: Worth it provided you like VN's of course.

shira

^Jeez that's some high praise, I'm a little confused with the non-human relationship stuff though
#speciesist

Peru
facepalm.gif

Top Bottom