• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Pheonix is an awesome hero, which requires a bit of management and patience.

All of Pheonix's skills rely on doing high DOT, but there is a significant delay with the DOT starting to take effect.

Fire Spirits is a very good bombardment spell, excellent fire spirits cast range and even slows down DPS heros. I found myself performing Icarus Dive, dropping Fire Spirits on enemies really far away (like a bomber) and coming back.

That's 1400 range with the dive and another 1400 to launch Fire Spirits, so you can bombard four different enemy locations from more than 2500+ of Pheonixs initial position.

Also the Fire Spirits work really very to farm the hard NC camps; Dropping 2 fire spirits on 2 NC camps, really burns them down to be killing with a final Icarus dive and a few normal hits.

shira

Pheonix is an awesome hero, which requires a bit of management and patience.

All of Pheonix's skills rely on doing high DOT, but there is a significant delay with the DOT starting to take effect.

Fire Spirits is a very good bombardment spell, excellent fire spirits cast range and even slows down DPS heros. I found myself performing Icarus Dive, dropping Fire Spirits on enemies really far away (like a bomber) and coming back.

That's 1400 range with the dive and another 1400 to launch Fire Spirits, so you can bombard four different enemy locations from more than 2500+ of Pheonixs initial position.

Also the Fire Spirits work really very to farm the hard NC camps; Dropping 2 fire spirits on 2 NC camps, really burns them down to be killing with a final Icarus dive and a few normal hits.
sunray4life
ibsAX6WRctL100.gif

fallagin

Just finished a 64 minute ability draft game. One of our players gave them a divine rapier.. we still won, but I was a bit dismayed at some of the item choices on my team was making for end game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Took me a second, I thought they were talking about the texture glitch the first read. Its one of their better dota comics.

Chris R

Holy shit he was basically begging you to turn it around. That is so terrible, raw damage does nothing for illusions.

Maybe, but he also had levels on us. Got fed like crazy while I was barely winning mid. I would have gone and ganked... but Puck lol.

At least I know now, and knowing is half the battle! I just don't want sub 2k MMR :(

Lotto

Ability Draft is pretty great. Won my first 3 games in it! Can definitely see myself coming back to this mode a lot more, much more lax too.

I should probably try Earth Spirit again, haven't played him yet with the patch, but I assume he can still be viable or very powerful in the right hands.

I only saw one good Earth Spirit before the patch, the rest were pretty bad, not that I saw it picked a lot, maybe because I usually did so.

My winrate was 68% with the guy. So you'd hope that even with nerfs he would still be pretty good.

Hylian7

I should probably try Earth Spirit again, haven't played him yet with the patch, but I assume he can still be viable or very powerful in the right hands.

I only saw one good Earth Spirit before the patch, the rest were pretty bad, not that I saw it picked a lot, maybe because I usually did so.
Just gotta practice kicking those rocks. Click on your own hero to kick a rock of there are a few units around. If there are a lot of units... Good luck.

FtHTiny

Yesterday i had a lich with sukuchi, power cogs, battery assault and necro ult. They couldn´t do anything against the ganking lich.

SamVimes

No guys you don't understand you get napalm with shadow strike so you can do bonus damage every 3 seconds.
#nextlevel
#gzzzdota

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
So will the event thing give out more coins? The grind for the mythical Frostivus Chaos Knight horse (1st try and got it) was bad enough.

shira

So will the event thing give out more coins? The grind for the mythical Frostivus Chaos Knight horse (1st try and got it) was bad enough.

Yeah there are the 2 offerings and of course the beast mini-game - those are intended to have prizes. The current "prizes" are rewards for matchmaking. They also did a last weekend bonus exp at the end for wraith knight.

SamVimes

I just played a game in which we had a decent comeback because of our wombo combo lineup. The funny thing is that one of our player after every teamfight in which we landed our combo on 4 heroes started blasting WE ARE ELECTRIC on voice chat.

G.ZZZ

now that TB/phoenix are out I can get away with instalocking LC mid with her chinese dragon set....

http://dotabuff.com/matches/492317703

How do you skill LC mid? I assume a 2-1-2-1 by level 6 then max out moment of courage and overwhelming odds?

4-1-1-1 i guess. No reason to put more than 1 skill early in MoC if you aren't jungling, better max the first or the second (second if you want to go blink early, first if you are going to farm for more general items and want more presence in lane).

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
now that TB/phoenix are out I can get away with instalocking LC mid with her chinese dragon set....

http://dotabuff.com/matches/492317703

How do you skill LC mid? I assume a 2-1-2-1 by level 6 then max out moment of courage and overwhelming odds?

Usually people max 'Moment of Courage' for farming, but I find that boring. I play Legion in hard lane with max 'Overwhelming Odds', guarantees me first blood most of the time.

Wow apparently saying abusive players are bad for the community and saying report afkers please means disruptive communication and rewards 48 hour mute, they really need to sort out their system

shira

Wow apparently saying abusive players are bad for the community and saying report afkers please means disruptive communication and rewards 48 hour mute, they really need to sort out their system

u ether dy a hero or live long enuf 2 c urself become d villan.

inkls

Isn't that the same as Lol where asking to report someone ingame is a reportable offense?

Nymerio

I have reported people who called for reports. Either report people yourself or shut up. Even better: Report AND shut up about it.

ReRixo

Banned
No wonder there are so many mutes in dota 2, the hassle just isn't worth it, there was 2 of them that was throwing abusive language at me so I guess it doesn't really matter as long as a certain number report you the reason is irrelevant

I think there's certain words which are flagged, I'm guessing curse words, racism, etc. so what I do if I don't like someone on my team is bait out one of these words and report them. It normally works even though I'm the one who actually should be muted. I also write a comment about how their offensive behaviour is ruining my dota experience, I find I get better results when I include that.

#assholetips

Nymerio

I think there's certain words which are flagged, I'm guessing curse words, racism, etc. so what I do if I don't like someone on my team is bait out one of these words and report them. It normally works even though I'm the one who actually should be muted. I also write a comment about how their offensive behaviour is ruining my dota experience, I find I get better results when I include that.

#assholetips

wow

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

#assholetips

*notes taken*

Hai Sensei!

F!ReW!Re

I have reported people who called for reports. Either report people yourself or shut up. Even better: Report AND shut up about it.

Well that seems a bit short sighted (because we all know how frustrating this game can be with shitty teammates who rage hard or abandon, etc), I try to adhere to these "rules" when people ask for reports;

I'll report if someone requests it when a player is:
- Abusive in all-chat
- Went afk in fountain on purpose/fed enemy team
- Asshole behavior

I won't report on request when;
- People are playing badly/sucking (everyone has a bad day/game or started off being bad at dota)
- People are spamming chat messages/abbusive language in their team chat while I'm on the other team. I mean there's no way to even know if that is happening or not.

shira

Well that seems a bit short sighted (because we all know how frustrating this game can be with shitty teammates who rage hard or abandon, etc), I try to adhere to these "rules" when people ask for reports;

- Abusive in all-chat
- Asshole behavior

- People are playing badly/sucking (everyone has a bad day/game or started off sucking)
- People are spamming chat messages/abbusive language in their team chat while I'm on the other team. I mean there's no way to even know if that is happening or not.
Valve already said that multple reports from the same game don't do anything. GGWP

Nymerio

Well that seems a bit short sighted, I try to adhere to these "rules" when people ask for reports

- Abusive in all-chat
- Asshole behavior

- People are playing badly/sucking (everyone has a bad day/game or started off sucking)

I'm only reporting if they're annoying about it. I hate it when people go: "report xxx plz", I've never run out of reports since I started playing and in my experience the people who call for others to be reported are usually the ones who should be reported.

If the guy got muted because they reported him, I assume he has been reported previously. I think you only get punished if you get reported a certain amount of times in a specific time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom