• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Valve already said that multple reports in the same game don't do anything.

So if 1 guy is being such an asshole that 9 people report him in 1 game, it still counts as 1??????

If that's true it's kind of stupid :(

I'm only reporting if they're annoying about it. I hate it when people go: "report xxx plz", I've never run out of reports since I started playing and in my experience the people who call for others to be reported are usually the ones who should be reported.

Most of the time you can easily recognize if the person asking for the report is the one that needs one or if he's correct about the request, so yeah..

inkls

http://dotabuff.com/matches/493213796

Very stressful game. Witch doctor started feeding top lane, spent most of the game having an argument with bs and for most of the game the other team actually had taken more towers down then us.

Managed to be get full build on dp and have 5k to spare at the end of the game. Was my final placement match.

Valve really needs to do a description contest like they did for TF2. I really miss the little lore bits on every item, it really helped make the world feel vast. And some things just need explaining, like how Earth Spirit managed to grow hair. My thought would be they could just say it was white moss that had grown on him during a particularly long slumber, and he liked it and styled it. Or something.

It just seems kind of lazy at this point. Styles don't even have names anymore. It's like they're incapable of writing simple sentences anymore and just copy and paste items from the workshop...

Have some questions regarding Enigma. Love the hero (prob my fave) but I am a bit conflicted on his best item progression. I know it's situational to a degree but I just want more feedback on the hero.

What boots do your normally get on Enigma? I normally get Treads but I'm starting to think about getting Tranquils. Would this be a poor idea? Also would you say it's necessary to get BKB and Blink or could you get away with just having one? Blink seems like a no brainer to me after the mana cost removal.

Also regarding late game scenarios what would you say are the better luxury items to get on Enigma. Am torn between Ags and Refresher.

dorkimoe

first ability draft huge success

SK life steal
razor damge steal
cold feet
slark ult

yeahhh

i just thought drow with slarks agility steal would be insane

F!ReW!Re

Have some questions regarding Enigma. Love the hero (prob my fave) but I am a bit conflicted on his best item progression. I know it's situational to a degree but I just want more feedback on the hero.

What boots do your normally get on Enigma? I normally get Treads but I'm starting to think about getting Tranquils. Would this be a poor idea? Also would you say it's necessary to get BKB and Blink or could you get away with just having one? Blink seems like a no brainer to me after the mana cost removal.

Also regarding late game scenarios what would you say are the better luxury items to get on Enigma. Am torn between Ags and Refresher.

Boots:
Phase/threads over Arcane's over Tranquil's imo
You'll probably get Soulring which gives you good hp regen anyway and it gives you mana with the active. So I think Phase/threads are the best boots to get early on.

BKB/Blink
I would get Blink first and if they have a lot of stun; get BKB after.

That last one is easy: ALWAYS refresher over/before the Aghs.... (I would never get Aghs tbh, rather get something useful like Sheepstick or Shiva's)

Which are the best summons to get if you wanted to make the ultimate split pushing jungle hero? Lycan wolves could be pretty nice jungling on someone with a bigger mana pool, I don't know if eidolons or treants are better though. Which ones do the most damage to towers? If you're building a carry then I think Naga illusions would be best late game.

So if you could get a ranged int hero with summon wolves, shukuchi, vampiric aura and exoricism.

Or if you're going carry split pusher you could get something like blink, great cleave, naga illus and Elder Dragon form.

Which are the best summons to get if you wanted to make the ultimate split pushing jungle hero? Lycan wolves could be pretty nice jungling on someone with a bigger mana pool, I don't know if eidolons or treants are better though. Which ones do the most damage to towers? If you're building a carry then I think Naga illusions would be best late game.

So if you could get a ranged int hero with summon wolves, shukuchi, vampiric aura and exoricism.

Or if you're going carry split pusher you could get something like blink, great cleave, naga illus and Elder Dragon form.

I think treants are the best summons for pushing. Eidolons do the most damage out of them all but sometimes it can be tough to get them to split. Wolves aren't really that great, need lycan's aura and howl to be good.

Anteo

I feel like I'm the only person that does much much better when I'm not on a stack.
I'm so lucky on MM that they give me people that can win the game in 4v5

Rearm has got to be better for split pushing than exorcism, unless you got a hero with very low intelligence.

Mohasus

Opened a Bloom harvest chest, got a shadow shaman caldron with Hexed enemies killed gem, ugh. I wanted the Dragonfish Scepter or the Banners of fortune. :(

Rearm has got to be better for split pushing than exorcism, unless you got a hero with very low intelligence.

Oh yeah I forgot about re-arm, that's got to be a first pick ability.

So what about Naga illus, Counter Helix, Teleport and Rearm.

(Assuming anyone would let you draft that and you wouldn't just end up with teleport, re-arm and two crappy passives.)

Has the storm spirit set gone on sale yet? I've seen the ember spirit one go on sale twice and everything else go on sale once but not storm's...which is the only one I want to buy thus far.

F!ReW!Re

Oh yeah I forgot about re-arm, that's got to be a first pick ability.

So what about Naga illus, Counter Helix, Teleport and Rearm.

(Assuming anyone would let you draft that and you wouldn't just end up with teleport, re-arm and two crappy passives.)

Naga illus would be crap except for late game.
Treants still better. Also wouldn't pick Counter helix if you go for a pushing build.

the new loadout pose for Dragon Knight kinetic gem. Is that random on the DK sword, or is it on all of them? I ask because I unboxed the sword with the gem and wanted to know if it was rare like the gems from Frostivus.

Boots:
Phase/threads over Arcane's over Tranquil's imo
You'll probably get Soulring which gives you good hp regen anyway and it gives you mana with the active. So I think Phase/threads are the best boots to get early on.

BKB/Blink
I would get Blink first and if they have a lot of stun; get BKB after.

That last one is easy: ALWAYS refresher over/before the Aghs.... (I would never get Aghs tbh, rather get something useful like Sheepstick or Shiva's)

Makes sense. Regarding Ags a bit wierd I know but I'm just thinking about the dream ulti of putting Midnight Pulse down then Ags BH (with Midnight Pulse added to it). Not really feasible I know and not really necessary since BH is more for the disable rather than damage. A boy can dream right ;)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sing Sing and Yames legitimizing Sheever's stream currently.

Artanisix

Wow apparently saying abusive players are bad for the community and saying report afkers please means disruptive communication and rewards 48 hour mute, they really need to sort out their system

1. You don't need to report afkers.
2. You have to be reported several times to be muted. My guess is you were being inflammatory as well. Very rarely are people muted unfairly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't wait for everybody's offerings to turn into like more of those flamesalt ingots.

2. You have to be reported several times to be muted. My guess is you were being inflammatory as well. Very rarely are people muted unfairly.

Yes you do need to report afkers, if you are going afk, say in all chat for 2 mins and pause the game, it really isn't that hard, the report from that match if what counted towards the mute. And all that happened was I got called bastard this and bastard that. Because the whole team fed and the game was lost

Nymerio

Yes you do need to report afkers, if you are going afk, say in all chat for 2 mins and pause the game, it really isn't that hard, the report from that match if what counted towards the mute. And all that happened was I got called bastard this and bastard that. Because the whole team fed and the game was lost

If they are afk they get flagged for being afk anyway, so your report does nothing.

Artanisix

2. Now you're just lying.

xanavi

Nah, if they're afk long enough they get an abandon. If you were meant to report people that go afk then you'd have an option for it in the report menu.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
its not going to become a habit, but I do have to share my first ever RAD story. Turns out that going for a global nuke strat on Natures Prophet by grabbing his teleport, Clockwerk missile, Warlock's Fatal Bonds and Zeus Ult is really really good and an absolute blast to play. They just fucking melted, and if they hung onto life I teleported in front of them and picked them off

Smilax

You'll get items in return, according to the blogpost. I have like 70 items in it right now, it will exchange them eventually. Not sure when it will, it says 2 times throughout the event.

Oh, ok. Thank you! I hope the items we get are pretty good and hopefully not just a handful of Jade coins. lol

Aaron

I just played nightstalker with lifestealer's abilities and alchemist's ult. I was unstoppable. The other team had to five on one me to kill me mid game, but once I got AC and heart I could shrug off anything. Even the enemy fountain only ticked me down slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom