• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airan

As far as heroes go, I'm really, REALLY enjoying Ember Spirit at the moment.
Dude is hard to kill without chain stunning/silencing him, since his ult basically saves his life every single time.
And the amount of damage you deal out (free radiance + mini omni slash) is amazing as well. Can be played mid and as a safe lane carry.

Yeah, Ember is now my favourite hero to play. Been using him almost exclusively to great effect in Ranked. I tend to offlane him, as Flame Guard is incredibly effective with just 2 points (200 magic damage blocked which basically negates the damage off almost every spell at that stage) and if you have a jungling opponent or a weakass safe lane carry (hi Terrorblade!), often an easy first blood as well with a point or two in shackles.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Maybe it'll be like Wraith Night and the timer will be at 0 for 3 hours.

Haha that'd be pretty shit considering they actually put an exact timer on it this time.

That's why I was wondering last night if the patch would come earlier than the timer, so it could transition smoothly. But apparently not.

F!ReW!Re

Yeah, Ember is now my favourite hero to play. Been using him almost exclusively to great effect in Ranked. I tend to offlane him, as Flame Guard is incredibly effective with just 2 points (200 magic damage blocked which basically negates the damage off almost every spell at that stage) and if you have a jungling opponent or a weakass safe lane carry (hi Terrorblade!), often an easy first blood as well with a point or two in shackles.

Mmmm, haven't tried offlaning yet since he doesn't really have an escape until lvl 6.
(although his ms is great!)

What kind of items do you build on him?
I first started out with the standard battlefury build, but it's not that great tbh.
I've dabbled with going drums --> yasha --> maelstrom --> sange and yasha --> Luxury items.
Which resulted in great damage and amazing movement speed. (also love a late game Linken's sphere which makes you almost unkillable)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You would think if Valve notice it being an issue, they would have just changed the timer.

I also wonder if they are going to stick with that "He will only be around for short periods", or just go turn him on for the rest of the event.

inkls

ive started to give into the whole only playing captains mode for ranked.

playing AP is infuriating in ranked

Its really weird. I've seen tons of people state how CM/CD > AP, but I've been experiencing the complete opposite. In CM/CD I'm stuck with bad picks/bans while in AP I can at least do some damage control and try picking something to compensate for my team if they do retarded picks.

I can also play DP in AP (she's banned in 90% of my games in cd, cm. Probably should make my profile private lol) which I've been addicted to for a couple of games (ever had a hero you just like because you instantly know how to play them and/or really like their skillset and everything just clicks really fast?)

Doesn't mean I'll only play her, if there's no support, I'll support and etc.

SamVimes

Mmmm, haven't tried offlaning yet since he doesn't really have an escape until lvl 6.
(although his ms is great!)

What kind of items do you build on him?
I first started out with the standard battlefury build, but it's not that great tbh.
I've dabbled with going drums --> yasha --> maelstrom --> sange and yasha --> Luxury items.
Which resulted in great damage and amazing movement speed. (also love a late game Linken's sphere which makes you almost unkillable)

I play him exclusively safe lane and i like to get bottle, phase, drums and then one between Battlefury (if they have a lot of summons or if my team has something like RP), Desolator (if they're squishy with low armor) or Daedalus. At this point the game is usually nearly over but if it's not i'll buy one of the two i didn't get. I tried dabbling with skadi after Daedalus and while it's pretty good the damage output feels a bit underwhelming.
I also tried travs first and even if it's good on paper you really need a dps item soon after and a bit of tankiness or you just explode.

manfestival

Its really weird. I've seen tons of people state how CM/CD > AP, but I've been experiencing the complete opposite. In CM/CD I'm stuck with bad picks/bans while in AP I can at least do some damage control and try picking something to compensate for my team if they do retarded picks.

I can also play DP in AP (she's banned in 90% of my games in cd, cm. Probably should make my profile private lol) which I've been addicted to for a couple of games (ever had a hero you just like because you instantly know how to play them and/or really like their skillset and everything just clicks really fast?)

Doesn't mean I'll only play her, if there's no support, I'll support and etc.

shes banned because shes one of the highest pub stomp heroes. dotabuff made that post a while back how she has the highest winrate of all heroes

CM is good cause of the strategy and it makes my heroes more effective

Strider

Every game i've played last night and this morning has been with tremendous lag. I just got absolutely owned mid lane vs a drow. Couldnt last hit or deny at all and she could get me to half health before I realized I was even being attacked :(

Think it's time to take a break until whatever is going on is sorted.

F!ReW!Re

I play him exclusively safe lane and i like to get bottle, phase, drums and then one between Battlefury (if they have a lot of summons or if my team has something like RP), Desolator (if they're squishy with low armor) or Daedalus. At this point the game is usually nearly over but if it's not i'll buy one of the two i didn't get. I tried dabbling with skadi after Daedalus and while it's pretty good the damage output feels a bit underwhelming.
I also tried travs first and even if it's good on paper you really need a dps item soon after and a bit of tankiness or you just explode.

I felt battlefury was too expensive and it doesn't give you a lot in return.
Desolator and Daedalus sound pretty good actually, will try building that earlish.
Mjolnir/Maelstrom is great as well since during Sleight of Fist the chain lighting proc's.

Yeah I've been thinking about incorporating BoTs in there somewhere since I constantly try to have a tp with me so I can use the ult to do a quick refresh/bottle charge/item pick up and base and then just ult back. But I was having a hard time when 6 slotted to sell an item to keep that tp with me...

SamVimes

I felt battlefury was too expensive and it doesn't give you a lot in return.
Desolator and Daedalus sound pretty good actually, will try building that earlish.
Mjolnir/Maelstrom is great as well since during Sleight of Fist the chain lighting proc's.

Yeah I've been thinking about incorporating BoTs in there somewhere since I constantly try to have a tp with me so I can use the ult to do a quick refresh/bottle charge/item pick up and base and then just ult back. But I was having a hard time when 6 slotted to sell an item to keep that tp with me...

Mjolnnir is bugged in dota 2, there can only be one lightning chain out at a time so it's pretty crap on him-

My spanish lessons continue because I play on US East. I've seen several people use the term "cmtre". What the hell does that mean? I assume its some sort of insult.

You would think if Valve notice it being an issue, they would have just changed the timer.

I also wonder if they are going to stick with that "He will only be around for short periods", or just go turn him on for the rest of the event.

I always just interpreted the "short period" to be the two or three weeks he'd be around for so I'd assume the rest of the event.

inkls

shes banned because shes one of the highest pub stomp heroes. dotabuff made that post a while back how she has the highest winrate of all heroes

CM is good cause of the strategy and it makes my heroes more effective

Not anymore though. Abaddon and Lich are ahead of her right now with Wraith king slowly catching up to her.

Artanisix

Is it really? How can we trust you, remember this post?

I fucking KNEW IT!! I KNEW I SAID WHEN PHOENIX WAS ADDED TO CM IN DOTA 2, NOT JUST WHEN HE'S ADDED TO THE GAME. THANK YOU SANJAY FOR PROVING ME RIGHT, WES AND ANBOKR CAN GO DIE NOW. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

inkls

I fucking KNEW IT!! I KNEW I SAID WHEN PHOENIX WAS ADDED TO CM IN DOTA 2, NOT JUST WHEN HE'S ADDED TO THE GAME. THANK YOU SANJAY FOR PROVING ME RIGHT, WES AND ANBOKR CAN GO DIE NOW. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

Its k tho right? I already gave you a
n early
present. So it really is the best birthday ever right?

edit:
Wraith king's ahead as of like 2 days ago. You might be looking at an average over the whole patch or over the month.
Yeah, monthly average.

So do we know exactly what the Year Beast thing is yet?
iufCAkGdfqPRd.JPG

Hes been on show since the New Bloom day 1 announcement.

Artanisix

ok guys. i had a thought:

bloodstone meepo

Done it, it's very buggy (in a good way for Meepo). Unless they fixed it, if a clone is killed instead of the main Meepo, you don't lose any bloodstone charges, which is totally awesome for respawning fast.

arab

anyone else having problems with the MLG stream? i can't load the player at all. i've been relegated to the russian twitch cast :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom