• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

dota_item_armaments_of_the_dragon_emperor_set_large.7bdab52d8600fd5d0fa2affe9cfb941b123420d6.png

kill.... me...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are now going to be some chat wheel commands for return, and "I'm going to buy X". They also fixed some tooltips finally, like Sacred Arrow.

New event item quality is "Auspicious". I sort of wish Valve went with "Lucky", which is what it is internally, who uses Auspicious?

You get the new couriers by being in the top 10% of players total for the Year Beast Battle.

TxdoHawk

Practice match against the beast, we got hosed.

Some stuff:

- Five of you versus the beast.

- You get sixteen levels at the start.

- The beast has an attackable horn and tail with separate life bars.

- Dying spawns a headstone at your location. Any teammate can right-click to revive you, but it takes a few seconds and they are totally vulnerable. (You eventually respawn on a timer if nobody does this.)

- If everyone is dead at the same time, the match is over.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The beast is a boss fight on its own map. You can attack his horn, tail or body. I think the horn and tail might disable certain abilities when killed, but they respawn (they also probably drop the crafting material).

He has a bullet hell move, a giant knockup AOE and he can pin someone down which requires fireworks to free them. He has a fuckload more abilities (mass torrents, etc.) but I don't think I saw them all. Seems fun so far though. Feels much more like a boss fight than Sugar Rosh did.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Flame Salt gets consumed when you buy stuff, right?

Also, the ranks for the mode go F > D > C > B> A > S > SS > SSS > X

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Somebody just tell me how to kill him already!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the 24 hours thing refers to when the cycle ends and the rewards are dished out.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's pretty clear that the beast will be gone tomorrow. Only question is how long til he comes back.

Lotto

I think the 24 hours thing refers to when the cycle ends and the rewards are dished out.

Sounds more reasonable. I still don't think I'll ever make it top 10% though :(

Edit: it probably won't reappear right away though, hopefully it's downtime isn't very long.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That's ridiculous. One of those days better be a weekend

Well, maybe not 3 "days", but he will likely show up 3 times.

Bloom Bounty is guaranteed a random Mythical or better, and it can give the "Genuine' mythicals too. Bloom Basket will get you up to a random rare. Few new items were added to the Harvest.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So we did like 750k damage and didn't get any rewards besides jade tokens. We destroyed the horn and tail each a few times. How are you supposed to get those?

Gyro's launched missile is a separate cosmetic from his on board missile? That's really bizarre, and going to be really weird when these items are in the drop system.

Luna's new mount comes with some kind of kinetic gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom