• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohasus

Done it, it's very buggy (in a good way for Meepo). Unless they fixed it, if a clone is killed instead of the main Meepo, you don't lose any bloodstone charges, which is totally awesome for respawning fast.

Farm 18 charges, leave main meepo on base, enjoy being invicible?

Strider

anyone else having problems with the MLG stream? i can't load the player at all. i've been relegated to the russian twitch cast :/

Casters said it should be back up now if you want to try it again. Was apparently a regional thing.

Wes

venison crêpe
I fucking KNEW IT!! I KNEW I SAID WHEN PHOENIX WAS ADDED TO CM IN DOTA 2, NOT JUST WHEN HE'S ADDED TO THE GAME. THANK YOU SANJAY FOR PROVING ME RIGHT, WES AND ANBOKR CAN GO DIE NOW. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

harry1.gif

SamVines said:
Any chance of using the new ranking to revive the ihl so the teams gets more balanced and people on the losing side have less to bitch about?
Possibly. I'm still waiting for Phoenix to release in Dota 2 though.

Also it'd require every member of IHL to befriend me on Steam so I can confirm their MMR, which might not make everyone happy.

Possibly. I'm still waiting for Phoenix to release in Dota 2 though.

I'm still waiting for Phoenix to release in Dota 2 though.

I'm waiting for Phoenix to release in Dota 2 though.

waiting for Phoenix in Dota 2

Phoenix in Dota 2

X1E21Dc.jpg

letsgoapeshitwhipitellenpage.gif

VhHsbl0.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
WES

DO WHAT YOU WERE SENT HERE TO DO

YOU HAVE THE POWER

Airan

Mmmm, haven't tried offlaning yet since he doesn't really have an escape until lvl 6.
(although his ms is great!)

What kind of items do you build on him?
I first started out with the standard battlefury build, but it's not that great tbh.
I've dabbled with going drums --> yasha --> maelstrom --> sange and yasha --> Luxury items.
Which resulted in great damage and amazing movement speed. (also love a late game Linken's sphere which makes you almost unkillable)

As I play offlane, I get a decent amount of harass so I grab a poor man shield for defense and a little bit of last hitting power. If good cs and no harass on me, phase boots otherwise ring of aquila for armor and stats (the tiny mana regeneration is also nice). Then comes a bracer for more stats (mostly so I can do a full spell combo then tp out) and then I start thinking about damage items like deso or bfury. Then I stack bfuries (though theory crafting has brought me to thinking crit after a bfury prolly works better) I used to go aquila and drums but saving 1300 odd gold allows me to build the big items faster. In the matches I've had so far the combination of flame guard and shackles serve as my escape if things go hairy, people tend to underestimate the early devastation flame guard brings (at max it's 5 less than a radiance and blocks 100 more magic damage than a pipe!)

Ocho

Hello, my name is Ocho and I'm a Dota2 convert. LoL who?

In all seriousness, both games have pros/cons. I'm having a better time in Dota2 right now. The game is not a tankfest, support heroes are actually powerful, the other day I had 4 active items in my inventory (crazy as f). I'm getting used to all heroes having OP abilities. I have yet to learn what all heroes do, but the discovery is fun.

It helps that I've been playing with people on the GB community, and most of them give me tips/hints. I also feel my LoL experience helps a lot (I know when to engage, when to go b, how to farm, even deny).

I find it unfortunate that LoL's numbers are waaaay bigger than Dota2. I'm watching MLG, and will watch LCS tomorrow. I guess it's cool I enjoy both now, and understand what's going on. My friends still won't try out Dota2, so I'm still playing LoL now and then. Hopefully they will be able to see the light some day.

Edit: Forgot to mention how much I love Dota's look. The environment is simply beautiful. The heroes are unique and very detailed. I already spent some cash.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

In all seriousness, both games have pros/cons. I'm having a better time in Dota2 right now. The game is not a tankfest, support heroes are actually powerful, the other day I had 4 active items in my inventory (crazy as f). I'm getting used to all heroes having OP abilities. I have yet to learn what all heroes do, but the discovery is fun.

It helps that I've been playing with people on the GB community, and most of them give me tips/hints. I also feel my LoL experience helps a lot (I know when to engage, when to go b, how to farm, even deny).

I find it unfortunate that LoL's numbers are waaaay bigger than Dota2. I'm watching MLG, and will watch LCS tomorrow. I guess it's cool I enjoy both now, and understand what's going on. My friends still won't try out Dota2, so I'm still playing LoL now and then. Hopefully they will be able to see the light some day.

one of us one of us one of us

When's the next big Chinese tourney? I haven't seen any of the Chinese teams play for awhile now due to it being Chinese New Year and all..

Edit: Forgot to mention how much I love Dota's look. The environment is simply beautiful. The heroes are unique and very detailed. I already spent some cash.

not tankfest until you run into Bristleback and Alchemist.

Wes

venison crêpe
may >>>>>> december
december statement merely a requirement for may statement to be fulfilled

The last statement made my someone trumps all earlier ones. Just like with a will and testament.

Plus, at least my quotes were actual quotes of stuff you said. I didn't have to make up things in some poor attempt at deflecting a failure to keep promises.

Just stop trying to weasel out of it. It's not a good look on you. No one likes sour milk.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
may 2013:

december 2013:

may >>>>>> december
december statement merely a requirement for may statement to be fulfilled

xYcACmT.png

vgOpzxe.gif

Screw IHL, I want Mid Tier Tourney 6.80 edition. We put it on Mid March, try to make sure we don't do it at the same time of a major tournament final. Try to Get 16 teams, and have some fun events thrown in, like an All Star Reverse Captains mode game where we have people vote at who they want to play (Maybe we can even con Evilore Matt into playing), a 1v1 grudge rematch between me and Sanjay, maybe even some silly 10 man Mid Only match with something like 10 Voids or Alchemists (I think Void could be a lot of stupid fun since all 10 Voids will get the 1000 move speed during Chrono, plus you get some of those pure skill bashes). We can even petition for an actual tournament ticket so its viewable in client (Plus I think its possible to make something free to watch now with tickets being optional, but I'm not totally sure how easy it is to get).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The last statement made my someone trumps all earlier ones. Just like with a will and testament.

Plus, at least my quotes were actual quotes of stuff you said. I didn't have to make up things in some poor attempt at deflecting a failure to keep promises.

Just stop trying to weasel out of it. It's not a good look on you. No one likes sour milk.

#sourmilk trending

Screw IHL, I want Mid Tier Tourney 6.80 edition. We put it on Mid March, try to make sure we don't do it at the same time of a major tournament final. Try to Get 16 teams, and have some fun events thrown in, like an All Star Reverse Captains mode game where we have people vote at who they want to play (Maybe we can even con Evilore Matt into playing), a 1v1 grudge rematch between me and Sanjay, maybe even some silly 10 man Mid Only match with something like 10 Voids or Alchemists (I think Void could be a lot of stupid fun since all 10 Voids will get the 1000 move speed during Chrono, plus you get some of those pure skill bashes). We can even petition for an actual tournament ticket so its viewable in client (Plus I think its possible to make something free to watch now with tickets being optional, but I'm not totally sure how easy it is to get).

Just make proceeds from ticket sales go to charity.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just make proceeds from ticket sales go to charity.

Well, the idea is to make it so as many people could watch it in game instead of needing to use Twitch. Free ticket is more accssable then $.99 ticket. But thats not a bad idea (Though I personally think the "Give money to the prize pool" option would be best)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I may be at school, using a public computer that barely runs dota, but that won't stop me from analyzing this patch. Got my GCFscape ready, WinMerge installed, and a copy of the non-model files.

Now I just need the patch to download...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom