• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Steam sale has my attention completely scattered. Saw what about new prizes now?

You mean the dota items from the Steam Holiday Sale? If you want any of the lower end ones, just sell the damn cards and buy them, its far cheaper and more reliable. If you want the higher end ones still just buy them, your odds still really suck.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Isn't procarbine the best player on GAF?

+ or ++? It can be hard to execute even with a stack.

Dude, fucking normal ass normal mode... I don't even have the words.

Haunted

Dude, fucking normal ass normal mode... I don't even have the words.
oh.

oh.

We need to get you out of that wraith night trench my friend. Play with some dudes from GAF or the GB channel, usually goes fine if at least 3 people know what they're doing.

JambiBum

Don't know if you guys have listened to it but Brad goes in hard for Dota 2 in their game of the year stuff. He pushes it so hard.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So after Earth Spirit gets nerfed, what other pub hero should I play? 3500MMR Solo
I'm thinking Slark or Mirana.

Milabrega

If you want broken tier Hazaro you'd have to go Broodmother or Slark. Mirana is just the pro-dota trend of the season. Broodmother's straight up bullshit at the moment and I don't think her play style is any fun so go be Slark while you can.

M.D

I looked at my past games, and there's a ton of ranked matches that still say "Calibrating"... whats the deal with that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, the site d2ladder.com can no longer collect new data, but assuming the data it did collect was representative of all of ranked, here is the actual break down of skill levels by MMR.

25th Percentile: 3450
50th Percentile: 3850
75th Percentile: 4300
90th Percentile: 4700
99th Percentile: 5400

Collecting samples from the rest of the pool, for the 10%-90% range (About 3100-4700) the trend line is pretty linear, so you can with decent accuracy get your percentile with the equation (MMR-2960)/18.5. This equation falls apart at the extremes though, and likely won't hold true for long.

MMRtrendline.png

Hylian7

Well, the site d2ladder.com can no longer collect new data, but assuming the data it did collect was representative of all of ranked, here is the actual break down of skill levels by MMR.

Well fuck, I'm between 50-75 if that's accurate. Not too bad though.

Nirvana

3 ranked solo games, 3 losses. I don't want to blame my team, but...I REALLY want to blame my team. Not that I did amazing.

Kreunt

Banned

brb, killing myself.

Collecting samples from the rest of the pool, for the 10%-90% range (About 3100-4700) the trend line is pretty linear, so you can with decent accuracy get your percentile with the equation (MMR-2960)/18.5. This equation falls apart at the extremes though, and likely won't hold true for long.

MMRtrendline.png
D2Ladder's pool was much smaller than the current Dota 2 rank player base. I wouldn't look too much into the figures.

Soule

Oh man Demon's team was in the box seat but they're doing their best throw impression right now, they already have a barracks advantage in one lane but they suddenly turn retard :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom