• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

Never knew you could shackle to items. Threw a random one out when there was nothing to attach to and he got locked onto a TP scroll on the ground for 4 seconds. :lol

Seems like an easy Dota Cinema top 10 play if you pair that concept with a blink dagger.

BraXzy

My lockless luckbox came today in the mail, along with a portal turret I had ordered! Still no wizard, Harry :(

D1aWGTg.jpg
wJ8Z3JY.jpg

86rklB0.jpg
f8PZd8x.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
Maxing Poison Touch over Shallow Grave or Shadow Wave makes zero sense to me against this fnatic lineup. Reeeeeally bad not being able to Grave and Wave as needed in fights.

Razzer

milkman's guide to countering earth spirit

-pick bristleback
-win

I haven't played against him much so this is guesswork, but surely playing aggressively against him with a silence would be the way to go? Nightstalker for instance could eat him up at night. Other silences also work, just burst him before he can roll. I dunno just theory.

milkman's guide to countering anything

-pick bristleback
-win
fix'd
I haven't watched pro games in a while, so now I'm wondering if the ulti buffs were actually enough to make bb broken/da bes? is having the additional damage really enough to put him over the edge?
I think the duration buff was huge while the max stacks wasn't that big by itself but when combined then it got deadly.

Plus I mean he got a nerf. Pubs totally dispel stuff with diffusal right?

Quesa

-pick bristleback
-win

I haven't watched pro games in a while, so now I'm wondering if the ulti buffs were actually enough to make bb broken/da bes? is having the additional damage really enough to put him over the edge?

Artanisix

nah it's not the ulti buff, it's just the changes to offlane and the nature of the meta right now, bristle now has a place to exist. good patch brought in a lot of underappreciated heroes.

I haven't played against him much so this is guesswork, but surely playing aggressively against him with a silence would be the way to go? Nightstalker for instance could eat him up at night. Other silences also work, just burst him before he can roll. I dunno just theory.

silence is good but it's hard to get the jump on a good earth spirit. bristleyboobs can ignore every single one of es's spells and cripple him at any point in the game. kunkka is another good hero for fighting es, ghost ship does wonders in stopping es ultimate and x/torrent allows you to initiate on him from a million range away while also preventing es from saving people. but kunkka is harder to play than bristolpads so just play brizzlebar.

nah it's not the ulti buff, it's just the changes to offlane and the nature of the meta right now, bristle now has a place to exist. good patch brought in a lot of underappreciated heroes.
Are these changes just the fact that people don't pull anymore? He could rock the offline pretty hard as long as you warded before the patch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Never knew you could shackle to items. Threw a random one out when there was nothing to attach to and he got locked onto a TP scroll on the ground for 4 seconds. :lol

In case you wanted to know what the Dota profile of one of God's unwanted children would look like, here it is:
RXdqetX.png
:[

What's his games played / WR / MMR?
I'm 24-4 at 3550 MMR

-pick bristleback
-win
Hmm, seems okay.
Rupture is pr nasty against ES, provided you get it off.
The one time I really had a bad time was vs a Bloodseeker and 2 other AD heroes.
800 range silence and 1000 range rupture which has lower CD than Earth's Ult.

Also protective vision is a must until ES gets a gem. Lycan is great here too along with Ursa. Treat ES like Pudge and just stick a wolf on him.

Artanisix

Are these changes just the fact that people don't pull anymore? He could rock the offline pretty hard as long as you warded before the patch.

That's part of it, yes. Along with Bristle being so durable that he can contest pulls and leech XP off of them now, and with pulls being less useful in general. Now that he can get farm and levels, he can crush a lot of the old popular picks like Visage, Timbersaw, and Naix.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/444340271

So despite ganking loads and being 7-1 at one point then 15-6 at another, some games are just too hard to carry. We could have won if not for the PA and Medusa picks. Dat 30 min battlefury huh. I'm not even that annoyed, just bewildered at how some people play. Every time I would tell them I wanted to go in, then when I go in after giving them time to read noone comes with me. The undying and necro were very irritating I have to say, just when I thought I had someone the heals would come out.

Edit: Now that I think about it if anyone is willing to look through and see what I could have done better ( I fed a few times in the mid game) then it would be greatly appreciated.

Everybody should hate me so much for constantly picking earth spirit when I do All Pick. But besides being way too good, he is so much fun to play and at least still requires a brain.

I probably should check out some announcers and a HUD while there is a sale. Someone has a recommendation? Was looking at the Defense Grid one as an announcer. I like the one of Pyrion Flax, but it would probably become kind of annoying and is more expensive. The GlaDOS and Trine ones I have not tried too many times, but they don't seem too good. Bastion seems nice too.

And probably a separate one for Mega kills, maybe Axe or something.

Hylian7

Everybody should hate me so much for constantly picking earth spirit when I do All Pick. But besides being way too good, he is so much fun to play and at least still requires a brain.

I probably should check out some announcers and a HUD while there is a sale. Someone has a recommendation? Was looking at the Defense Grid one as an announcer. I like the one of Pyrion Flax, but it would probably become kind of annoying and is more expensive. The GlaDOS and Trine ones I have not tried too many times, but they don't seem too good. Bastion seems nice too.

I know that stone-setting feel. I do it too and it wins me games so much.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's just been making me think about what balance changes will happen.

I think changing damage on the pull from 125 to 50/75/100/125 and removing damage on rock roll would be a good start.

Pull damage is a huge part of his setup and harass early game for only 75 mana and it makes him a viable mid. Remove that 150 burst early and those level 3-5 kills are a lot harder and makes it so he actually needs levels to solo kill.

spootime

Holy fuck check out this match: http://dotabuff.com/matches/444414134

great reason to never give up. We're down 2 raxes with our 3rd exposed and we havent taken any towers. They keep suiciding in and we eventually at the 50m mark decide to push up mid for the hell of it. No one really believes we have a chance at this point.

We keep killing them as they buyback 1 at a time. Eventually we kill their t3, kill both their t4's (ignoring rax) and take down the throne. I still cant believe we won this fucking game.

Hylian7

It's just been making me think about what balance changes will happen.

I think changing damage on the pull from 125 to 50/75/100/125 and removing damage on rock roll would be a good start.

Pull damage is a huge part of his setup and harass early game for only 75 mana and it makes him a viable mid. Remove that 150 burst early and those level 3-5 kills are a lot harder and makes it so he actually needs levels to solo kill.

Speaking of Earthbro, unsung utility item on him I just tried: Orchid.

"But Hylian, Earth Spirit already has a silence, buying Orchid is silly and redundant."

It's not a "you should buy this every game" type of item, it's definitely more situational, but it helps on those heroes that have an instant escape (like AM's blink) that are harder to land a silence on, and on top of that, it frees up Boulder Smash to be used to gain a positional advantage over someone.

Hylian7

Team lets Anti-Mage freefarm.

Nature's Prophet: IT'S ALL MEEPO'S FAULT FOR PICKING MEEPO AND HE'S THE WORST MEEPO EVER.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/444470562

You let AM sit there and bop creeps for 30 minutes, without doing anything about it, while I got nothing out of my lane. I don't know what you expected Prophet. I don't know how you expected me to beat a 913 GPM AM when I barely had a third that much farm.

Fuchsdh

great reason to never give up. We're down 2 raxes with our 3rd exposed and we havent taken any towers. They keep suiciding in and we eventually at the 50m mark decide to push up mid for the hell of it. No one really believes we have a chance at this point.

We keep killing them as they buyback 1 at a time. Eventually we kill their t3, kill both their t4's (ignoring rax) and take down the throne. I still cant believe we won this fucking game.

For a game to really be viable as competitive, this is the sort of thing that has to be possible. I love when you play epic matches where it seems like all hope is lost and you're able to claw your way back. Glad to finally be getting back into playing it.

kasane

We could have won if the earthshaker just fucking used echoslam. There were a 1000 pl clones and all of them are pushing and he just stood there using fissure.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Watched some trashy ES on a bad team lose horribly, 5700MMR doesn't save you from being bad at ES I guess.

Ferny

Just watched that game. Incredible. Even knowing the outcome before hand, I was like "These guys are not going to pull it off"

The other team should have just focused ancient instead of going for megas. Nice game man.

spootime

Just watched that game. Incredible. Even knowing the outcome before hand, I was like "These guys are not going to pull it off"

The other team should have just focused ancient instead of going for megas. Nice game man.

Thanks. It was definitely not a game we should have won. Especially with my awful bkb usage, Ireally have no idea what I was doing there.

ElyrionX

The Lina pack is the best one by far, IMO.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dota 2 |OT3| Never Queue Solo, Never Play AP, Never Listen to Procarbine

GorillaJu

:[

What's his games played / WR / MMR?
I'm 24-4 at 3550 MMR

Hmm, seems okay.

I am 4400 and lost only 11 MMR from that game so he must be a bit higher than I am - I'd guess 4900-5100 ish. No idea on his games played but he's someone I've seen around for at least a year on USW.

kvk1

Some days I hate this game, some days I love it.

Today is the latter.

What a thrill it is getting completely clobbered early game, persevering as a team to frantically turtle up and get as much farm as you can, hold off must-win pushes by the opposition, and slowly turn the tide in your favor, break down the floodgates, and take it all in the end.

I need a cigarette...I don't even smoke.

Haunted

I need to see some Bristleback pro games before I believe this bristlin' and slammin' business from milkman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom