• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

rectal area, fun games.

Well fun for me because I could hear everyone in Mumble raging at you.
xuShItA.gif

(Don't worry about them they blame other people instead of accepting they're feeding feeders.)

rectal area, fun games.

Well fun for me because I could hear everyone in Mumble raging at you.
xuShItA.gif

(Don't worry about them they blame other people instead of accepting they're feeding feeders.)

That was me

Not a good performance on my part; not my best night and I did get 2 heroes I barely play

Everybody fed, though

Sliver

Everyone says not to solo-queue but I am having trouble finding reliable people to play with. No responses in the GAF channel and my buddies all seemed to stop playing.

Hylian7

Sigh. Meepo was freefarming and I kept saying we needed to do something about it all game yet my team did nothing. And I was just Lone Druid.

Razzer

Solo Queue is fine if you have thick skin and the ability to focus on yourself. If I see someone doing something truly awful I give them a bit of polite advice and if they ignore or insult me I drop it and ignore them. Not hard to enjoy it if you focus on playing well rather than winning.

Nirvana

Then explain this: How the hell does Milkman go into solo queue and come out with a 5k MMR?! Surely it's possible.

I would guess his solo MMR would have been decent anyway and therefore he'd get matched with better people. I generally solo queue to test new heroes, so my MMR likely isn't that great. He's also likely better at carrying teams than I am or more likely just better in general and can therefore make enough game impact to keep his team in the game; where I can't.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That was me

Not a good performance on my part; not my best night and I did get 2 heroes I barely play

Everybody fed, though

Those two fucking guys we play with are like an all-you-can-eat buffet, yet they bitch at eeeeeeverybody else when they fail. That dude that went 0-10 that game QQ'd and said he was only feeding because he wasn't being supported. These are the guys I play with nightly. Pity me.

I have a higher solo MMR than party MMR. So sometimes i rather solo queue
As long as people aren't surprised by how bad some randoms can be and don't complain about it, it's fine. Others are talking about solo queue burning them out. They need to stop. They can't enjoy the lows solo queue games can reach. The foreign languages, poor picks and poor individual/team play that can occur in any random solo match. The only solution to the common ailments of solo queue is to stop solo queuing because those players aren't going anywhere.

If you're going to solo queue expect a fair share of bullshit. If bullshit bothers you, be sure to go out in a party. Otherwise, good luck rolling the dice. :-D

Those two fucking guys we play with are like an all-you-can-eat buffet, yet they bitch at eeeeeeverybody else when they fail. That dude that went 0-10 that game QQ'd and said he was only feeding because he wasn't being supported. These are the guys I play with nightly. Pity me.

Isn't that a valuable DOTA skill?

abunai

As long as people aren't surprised by how bad some randoms can be and don't complain about it, it's fine. Others are talking about solo queue burning them out. They need to stop. They can't enjoy the lows solo queue games can reach. The foreign languages, poor picks and poor individual/team play that can occur in any random solo match. The only solution to the common ailments of solo queue is to stop solo queuing because those players aren't going anywhere.

If you're going to solo queue expect a fair share of bullshit. If bullshit bothers you, be sure to go out in a party. Otherwise, good luck rolling the dice. :-D

I was in a bizarre alternate universe for my placements the other day, I had about 9/10 games with English speaking friendly people. I probably shouldn't solo queue again because my luck will run out.

GorillaJu

2000 range AOE silence OR 800 range knockback.
1600 range initiate/escape on a 4 second cooldown
Pull that doesn't cancel channeling allowing you to save teammates tping, channeling ults, whatever OR a stun.
AOE dot nuke that propagates silence

Only one other hero has this kind of stupid, broken fucking versatility and he has to pay for it by having low stats/progression, low HP, low MS, low base dmg and can only have two available spells at a time, with the further requirement that he has to enable each spell by key presses, and he is forced to specialize in which spells he can use for most of the game.

Or you can just insta-lock Earth Spirit, be unkillable in lane, get successful 2v1 ganks on heroes that normally require 3, with literally no downside to it - he's even tanky as fuck, just to add insult to injury.

I get it. "Don't play AP."

I'd rather just the game wasn't so goddamn broken.

Kard8p3

Pull that doesn't cancel channeling allowing you to save teammates tping, channeling ults, whatever OR a stun.

Only one other hero has this kind of stupid, broken fucking versatility and he has to pay for it by having low stats/progression, low HP, low MS, low base dmg and can only have two available spells at a time, with the further requirement that he has to enable each spell by key presses, and he is forced to specialize in which spells he can use for most of the game.

Or you can just insta-lock Earth Spirit, be unkillable in lane, get successful 2v1 ganks on heroes that normally require 3, with literally no downside to it - he's even tanky as fuck, just to add insult to injury.

:D

BigAT

Don't play AP.

Haunted

Everyone says not to solo-queue but I am having trouble finding reliable people to play with. No responses in the GAF channel and my buddies all seemed to stop playing.
Check the Giantbomb and Purgegamers channels, they're more populated than GAF most of the time.

brentech

I don't think I've seen an ES in my ranked AP games. It's kind of amazing.
I think most people are overly locked into the Death Prophet push at this point.

GorillaJu

I don't think I've seen an ES in my ranked AP games. It's kind of amazing.
I think most people are overly locked into the Death Prophet push at this point.

I clawed my way up to 4500 by try-harding on supports like CM and Lion.

Knocked down in an instant by three games in a row with insta-lock earth spirits on the other team. Every game, carried by earth spirit.

F#A#Oo

Banned
It's shocking how easy it is to snowball with bristleback. He seems to just invite people to try and kill him but you end up turning the tables in hilarious fashion.

BeesEight

Holidays have been keeping me busy, but glad to see we got a new thread going.

Has there been any word on when Wraith Night ends? I haven't been able to finish up my favour yet and hope that I don't lose on the minutes I have.

Piers

Man, loving Wraith Night. Just not loving as much:
"Axe plz" *dies first wave* PING PING PING REZ REZ

Too bad it's only an event, because it's as addicting as that Mann vs Machine mode on TF2.

GorillaJu

Never knew you could shackle to items. Threw a random one out when there was nothing to attach to and he got locked onto a TP scroll on the ground for 4 seconds. :lol

In case you wanted to know what the Dota profile of one of God's unwanted children would look like, here it is:
RXdqetX.png

Nymerio

Man, loving Wraith Night. Just not loving as much:
"Axe plz" *dies first wave* PING PING PING REZ REZ

Too bad it's only an event, because it's as addicting as that Mann vs Machine mode on TF2.

I like it but it got old really fast. I wish there was some more diversity with it.

ElyrionX

Beginning to realize how important it is to stay positive and remain a team player when solo queueing. I was Windranger and laned with Mirana in dire bot. We owned the lane but WK and Riki fed top and the two kept arguing. I told them to relax and just focus on the game and rotated top to help them. Riki threatened to feed (literally said this in chat) and left the lane and went bot. He took an invis rune (lol) which pissed off our TA mid because she wanted it to gank. So basically my team kept bickering while I tried to covince them to play together while keeping up the support with wards and Mek. Early to mid game was rough but late game was easy because the Radiant team had virtually no carry. Was my first time ever using Windranger too.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/443650799

My win-rate is finally pulling away from parity too. My win-loss is now 167-157.

GorillaJu

My MMR is ridiculously low, after playing the required ten games. I'm pretty sure I won most too ...

Your MMR is basically your unranked MMR. It starts you out playing against people from your invisible rating, and winning/losing matches lowers you by 30-50-ish until you finish your ten games where it changes from 10-30 for wins/losses, so if you win 7/10 of your calibration games, it'll give you a nice little boost over your unranked MMR, but it'll be largely the same.

So if you think your MMR is low, it's the system ranking how you've been playing over the last 150+ matches, not just the 10.

Razzer

whats the name of the strat that involves standing at the river waiting for the other team to do something

I love it when both teams do this and I'm the carry. Just hold a tp and enjoy some free farm letting me out carry. It's hell when I'm playing support and my AM is standing there 10 mins in instead of farming his battlefury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom