• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Redhoof is going to be so worthless, he comes out of like every 10 boxes, he drops in normal games since he is a common, he is going to be given to 10% of Beast Mode players, he is gonna be the new Greville in terms of rarity. At least he looks cool.

He does't like anything right now

Redhoof is going to be so worthless, he comes out of like every 10 boxes, he drops in normal games since he is a common, he is going to be given to 10% of Beast Mode players, he is gonna be the new Greville in terms of rarity. At least he looks cool.

Chaos Knight's Horse Jr

Yesterday was a mess all around. Hopefully they bring all back around today with the Arcana and other stuff (hopefully).

injurai

Banned
I've been able to earn them in non beast games. You'll just have to grind again (or overpay on the market for like 150 ingots lol).

Thanks. A bunch of people were shitting on me in game saying I shouldn't play because I fucked myself over and won't be able to earn any more.

BraXzy

I'd just like to say thank you to the person who played 'We are the Champions' down the mic as we destroyed their ancient. It brightened my day a little :D

You know, it's still entirely possible to farm one mythical every 15 minutes. There are plenty of legit farming techniques I've seen so far that Valve would have a hard time removing without really making this mode a chore.

It's not one mythical for AFKing for 5 minutes, there's some work involved, but I'm surprised at the price spikes on everything, despite this mode still being fairly easy for farming (just slower and requiring more ingots).

Raytow

If there is a stack going for the beast let me know, have 2k ingots doing nothing right now and I want some free steam money. steamid is Raytow.

Well we did a few practice runs and then went at it and got like 5 million B rank. I hope that will be enough for the courier because I'm all out of ignots lol. But that was fun

Year of the Beast really needed better explanations of the firecrackers and scare the beast items. No one seems to use them. After like 5 or so matches I finally started using them and noticing that it made it so that my team survived longer.

The mode is still not very fun. There's just not proper visual feedback, its too confusing to know if you're doing something right or wrong.

sixghost

Year of the Beast really needed better explanations of the firecrackers and scare the beast items. No one seems to use them. After like 5 or so matches I finally started using them and noticing that it made it so that my team survived longer.

The mode is still not very fun. There's just not proper visual feedback, its too confusing to know if you're doing something right or wrong.

That's kind of the thing about custom games in games like Dota, War 3, and Starcraft. Most of them are fun for a couple of games, then you go play another one.

traveler

Not Wario
I have 9k ingots, but at this point, I'm so confused on how the top x% will be handled with all the exploited entries in the pool that I'm not going to bother even using them till the next round.

dmshaposv

I have that ember coin and the LC chinese fan flag thing.

Anyone wants to trade for them?

things im interested in: TA hair, CM staff, ES totem, lycan wolf ulti form.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I have 9k ingots, but at this point, I'm so confused on how the top x% will be handled with all the exploited entries in the pool that I'm not going to bother even using them till the next round.

wont next round be like next year. even then will we still have all the gold?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Will they give us more than 24 hours next time this piece of shit shows up? Cause I can't gather 4 of my chucklehead friends together for more than 30 seconds these days.

traveler

Not Wario
I do think it's worth mentioning that, regardless of how the Year Beast itself turns out, this patch is fantastic. It's easy to get caught up in the vitriol but it's important to remember that, for some, it's directed at one tiny piece and the overall feeling is still positive, and, for others, it SHOULD be directed at one tiny piece. I'm glad Valve is still experimenting with the model for holiday events as I don't think they've nailed it- though Wraith Night came close and Diretide's non Sugar Rush mode was fun- and they should be continuing to try to change it up, even if I'm less than happy with the results of that experimentation.

I would love to see post-mortems on events like this or just the dev process in general for Dota from Valve, though. I know, I know- Valve communication? LOL- but I still think it'd be fascinating and potentially go a decent ways in improving community relations.

Will they give us more than 24 hours next time this piece of shit shows up? Cause I can't gather 4 of my chucklehead friends together for more than 30 seconds these days.
There's an old joke. Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of them says "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such small portions."

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There's an old joke. Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of them says "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such small portions."

I get it but at the same time I dropped like $20 on abundant favors I wanna get some god damned hats out of this and I'm pissed off that all those dipshits had to sleep back when exploits actually made this winnable. I could be diving in a Scrooge McDuck silo full of Dotahats right now and I have like nothing.

I do think it's worth mentioning that, regardless of how the Year Beast itself turns out, this patch is fantastic. It's easy to get caught up in the vitriol but it's important to remember that, for some, it's directed at one tiny piece and the overall feeling is still positive, and, for others, it SHOULD be directed at one tiny piece. I'm glad Valve is still experimenting with the model for holiday events as I don't think they've nailed it- though Wraith Night came close and Diretide's non Sugar Rush mode was fun- and they should be continuing to try to change it up, even if I'm less than happy with the results of that experimentation.

I would love to see post-mortems on events like this or just the dev process in general for Dota from Valve, though. I know, I know- Valve communication? LOL- but I still think it'd be fascinating and potentially go a decent ways in improving community relations.

I agree..They nailed it with the balance patch+heroes. The other stuff is just fluff anyways.

I have to put in a recommendation for Blitz's Storm Spirit video guide. It really helped turn my Storm Spirit play around significantly in terms of mental checklists during the game. I disagree with his push for building bloodstone first (the times I did were disasterous as I can't participate in early ganking as much and failed attempts at it set me back badly especially in pubs where the successful early lane gank makes a huge difference). For a slow farmer like me, going orchid first makes you that much more effective earlier in the game. But his other tips were very solid (how to prioritize your targets/sometime it's better to initiate with an overload charge/really maximize throwing out overload charges/etc..). Now if only I could last hit better in lane....I really wish I were a better laner as I feel like I'm always playing from behind in that regard.

Goddamn twitch chat:

Hello, my name is Ho Lee Fuk and I are from Chinaland. Father say I need become doctor and make her proud but i chose become doto player like EE-sama. Father not happy with choice and told commit sudoku but i know i make right choice. Sorry i no speak propeller engrish and Pls no copy pasterino dongerino frappuccino cappucino al pacino my story

The absolute bottom of the internet.

Lotto

Goddamn twitch chat:

Hello, my name is Ho Lee Fuk and I are from Chinaland. Father say I need become doctor and make her proud but i chose become doto player like EE-sama. Father not happy with choice and told commit sudoku but i know i make right choice. Sorry i no speak propeller engrish and Pls no copy pasterino dongerino frappuccino cappucino al pacino my story

Still better than Youtube comments
5Bk4ozD.png

I got my Redhoof courier and I never get anything in this game so this event is a success to me.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Goddamn twitch chat:

y u copy pasterino? ??

ViviOggi

Goddamn twitch chat:

Hᴇʟʟᴏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs, ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs Lᴜɪɢɪ Aɴᴛᴏɴɪᴏ Mᴀʀᴄᴏ Aᴜɢᴜsᴛᴏ DɪCᴀᴘʀɪᴏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴍᴏᴜs Iᴛᴀʟɪᴀɴ ɴᴏᴏᴅʟᴇ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇs. I ᴍᴜsᴛ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜsɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇʀᴍ Cᴀᴘᴘᴜᴄᴄɪɴᴏ Pᴀsᴛᴇʀɪɴᴏ™ ɪs ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇᴍᴀʀᴋ ɪɴғʀɪɴɢᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʟᴀᴡʏᴇʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴠɪsɪᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴏɴ. Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄᴀᴘᴇʟʟɪɴɪ ᴘɪsᴛᴀᴄʜɪᴏ

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs, ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs Lᴜɪɢɪ Aɴᴛᴏɴɪᴏ Mᴀʀᴄᴏ Aᴜɢᴜsᴛᴏ DɪCᴀᴘʀɪᴏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴍᴏᴜs Iᴛᴀʟɪᴀɴ ɴᴏᴏᴅʟᴇ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇs. I ᴍᴜsᴛ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜsɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇʀᴍ Cᴀᴘᴘᴜᴄᴄɪɴᴏ Pᴀsᴛᴇʀɪɴᴏ™ ɪs ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇᴍᴀʀᴋ ɪɴғʀɪɴɢᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʟᴀᴡʏᴇʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴠɪsɪᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴏɴ. Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄᴀᴘᴇʟʟɪɴɪ ᴘɪsᴛᴀᴄʜɪᴏ

Mr DiCaprio, I would like to inform you that your trade mark would only protect people trying to intentionally sell a product with that name and cause market confusion, Mr Fuk is only using it as a very clever play on words, and not in any commercial since. We of the Society Of Internet Lawyers (SOIL) request of you to not proceed with these charges, or else we will be forced to counter file for reparations of your frivolous suit. Please Understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom