• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
There's a practice mode that you can play all you want.

And not get anything at all? That sure is fair for everyone. It's just one big cash grab from Valve. Bend over and pay for things to be able to play the mode for real or don't bother.

And not get anything at all? That sure is fair for everyone. It's just one big cash grab from Valve. Bend over and pay for things to be able to play the mode for real or don't bother.

Well, yeah. If you want to play the mode, you can. If you want Hats, pony up. Seems fair.

Also I dunno what you mean by 'somewhat playable.' It's the same terrible raidboss as before.

The mode isn't that fun but I have to say the year beast's model is pretty impressive and their best work yet for a "raid boss".

I think I'd be happy enough with a clone of footman frenzy or enfo's, but I'm sure they want to leave that to the community to make.

Acinixys

1391827775236.jpg

Let the rage flow through you

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Also I dunno what you mean by 'somewhat playable.' It's the same terrible raidboss as before.

As in you can actually earn stuff now without unreasonable damage ranks. Of course being a corporate apologist you wouldn't like for people to do that for free now would you?

BraXzy

Meh.. I got some ingots from the Parcels, which I put up in the second offering, and three rare items from the Favors. A kinda cool sven shield, a Spirit Breaker helm and a Rubick cape that I swear is old.

mfaex

Glad I saved some of my rarer chests since I guess they don't drop anymore. 8 pages of chests, commons, and a few uncommons got me a single chest. Chest rarity didn't seem to matter.

Volvo trade back pls.

Following up, I just got 8 parcels. Much happier now.

You're bitching about having to spend a fake free currency you get for playing the actual real game, which is free, to get some more other fake currency when you play some frankly terrible and unfun game mode.

Get a life.

Anyone heard about the bug regarding TB Arcana?

Was reading about it on Dota Dev. Apparently if you die to TB (who has Arcana applied) and then buy back during the custom death animation, you kinda become invulverable from heroes i.e. you can't be targeted.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

As in you can actually earn stuff now without unreasonable damage ranks. Of course being a corporate apologist you wouldn't like for people to do that for free now would you?

Why is 'earning' cosmetic items playing the mode 'for real' and not simply playing the mode?

I mean, do you even like fighting the Year Beast? I don't, I think it's an awful game mode. But if I want to I can load up a practice game right now and fight it. But if what I want are hats from the mode, then I pay for it with money.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got 2 Mounts (Disraptor and Abby), 3 boxes, 4 Parcels. Got nothing great out of the boxes though, Drow Cape, Centaur Shield thing, Blood Seeker blade. I think I'm only offering up chests for the next batch.

Also, there is yet anther horse added to the files, "Blue Lightning"
blue_lightning_horse_large.jpg

I put in a shitload of items (incl several rares), and I got a rare disruptor mount, 2 wards, pudge sideburns and 6 parcels. faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

edit: elongating fart

Chris R

Any chance of an ingot -> token conversion after the event? I'd rather take a flat conversion than do the stupid beast mode

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Valve is going to add in more conformation for "high risk" tasks.

"dota_status_dangerous_instruction" "Enter the word '%s1' in the box below to continue"
"dota_status_dangerous_confirm" "CONFIRM"

Still hoping for anther way to get the Silencer fan, I don't want to have to haggle with trading sites.

Got a bunch of ingot parcels, a CM coat, and Azuremir. Overall, did pretty well for what I put in which was mostly trash rares, chests, and duplicate commons/uncommons.

Sibylus

Banned
Wondering if there are people out there legitimately dumb enough to think you're Icefrog, or legitimately dumb enough to think they're a special snowflake by emailing you about it.

Oh, i noticed I had another gift i didnt open...... and i got...........
cm staff

but i guess the disruptor mount is a new item, at least? that makes me feel a little better.

oh, btw, did I mention that i opened one of those 250 jade token treasures and got a gunslinger rifle? valve wont even let me delete it.

zzzz my inbox in a nutshell right now.
Just finished listening to a Nerdist podcast where Chris Hardwick was talking about how people send all their complaints about The Walking Dead to him because he hosts the after show. As if he has anything to do with the actual show. People unfortunately just look for a public figurehead when they don't know how productions work.

Quesa

Wondering if there are people out there legitimately dumb enough to think you're Icefrog, or legitimately dumb enough to think they're a special snowflake by emailing you about it.

I actually thought this was the case until about four months ago. Sorry Matt.

I got an extra Auspicious Redmoon Assassin's Secret Wraps. Rare TA shoulder. If anyone has a duplicate rare from the gifts stuff and want to trade, hit me up.

Karakand

Sorry if I liked it when it was free to play and not pay to play. Then again with how people are defending how they handled this event I wouldn't be surprised if they paid $35 each time they wanted to play the next thing they do.

Pay to play as in prize tiers or pay to play in that there's a literal entrance fee to the event priced in Chinoiserie you get for playing Dota?

Regardless of how sympathetic I am to frustration with the latter, I don't think the situation warrants questionable sexual metaphors, etc.

e: Went back a few posts, seems like the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom