• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxdoHawk

Blew 2500 ingots in YotB after some practice and came out with 500 Jade tokens. Should've probably been less lazy when the beast came around the first time and the sploits were in full effect, didn't feel like a great trade at all.

Now sitting on 1909 tokens, hoping I can squeak my way to 3000 before my favor runs out, cash in on a Bloom Bounty, and be done with the event.

BHK3

Banned
Got the Atniw lone druid form along with a rare spirit breaker mace, I put in maybe 6 pages of chests with maybe like 3 commons...10000% profit right here.

IceMarker

Stop playing bro.
I know that feel :( just lost a 70min game :(
Take a break.

Well I played one more and got ripped as Sven, now I'm taking a break.

BUpQTDk.png

feelsgoodman.jpg

Coming back from a losing streak is the best thing ever.

eh. it's like finally winning $100 on the blackjack table bringing your net loss to $2000 when you should have gotten up and left an hour ago when you were up in money. You can sleep better knowing you didn't end the night a loser, but you're still fucking pissed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Welp, after a few days and much exploiting, I think I can say year beast is pretty much the same as every other seasonal game mode thus far--boring, repetitive, and is only played to grind items.

Valve really needs to take a look at what made some of the warcraft 3 mods fun and successful (angel arena, all the TD's, footmen frenzy, WoW arena, and the billion others out there). I suppose we'll get all of these through custom maps eventually, but the seasonal game modes have been a real let down from a gameplay perspective IMO.

Trasher

Welp, after a few days and much exploiting, I think I can say year beast is pretty much the same as every other seasonal game mode thus far--boring, repetitive, and is only played to grind items.

Valve really needs to take a look at what made some of the warcraft 3 mods fun and successful (angel arena, all the TD's, footmen frenzy, WoW arena, and the billion others out there). I suppose we'll get all of these through custom maps eventually, but the seasonal game modes have been a real let down from a gameplay perspective IMO.
Yup. Stop wasting resources on this crap and release more heroes.

Nirvana

I think if they put a bit more effort into how heroes interact with whatever thing they are fighting that season, the modes would be better in general. Wraith night was kind of fun, because they had a limited hero pool, with some interesting changes to their abilities in the mode and it was harder to exploit because they thought it through. Diretide and the beast thing give you all of the heroes without any thought of how they interact, thus you get exploits, patches, farming for hats and it's just boring.

Next time they should have a limited hero pool of heroes that have specific uses against whatever the creature is. You could have Batrider who can lasso it, or heroes with minus armour or slows, or stuns that work etc. Make it specific, so you can plan a team comp that works and try to defeat it that way. Then, when the best strat is figured out, just add more heroes to the pool, possibly nerf some stuff etc. and change it all up again so people can work towards it. Also, preferably don't make it just boring tank heroes that seem to work in all of these modes, I would love to see Invoker be useful for once and other nukers.

Maybe make the thing earn you battlepoints at double xp and some item giveaways on top of it that aren't impossible to earn, but require some teamwork. Don't make people feel like they are wasting their time by having some Baby Roshan that needs an exploit to get, just give us some decent couriers and mounts etc. that can be earned if you put the work in.

Anyway, long post is long, just my feelings on it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Valve can't win. Put out seasonal mode, people bitch that it isn't fun. Skip releasing the mode, people bitch that there is no seasonal mode. Make items hard to get, get bitched at that it takes forever to farm. Make items more accessible, get bitched about destroying the value of the market. Everyone is too loud.

Valve can't win. Put out seasonal mode, people bitch that it isn't fun. Skip releasing the mode, people bitch that there is no seasonal mode. Make items hard to get, get bitched at that it takes forever to farm. Make items more accessible, get bitched about destroying the value of the market. Everyone is too loud.

It is like that for every game nowadays, the MOBA community is just the loudest.

Sibylus

Banned
And Valve aren't going to outdo the custom mods and maps short of dedicating a team of dozens of people to it. More efficient in the long run to get the tools working and let the community do its thing.

You shut up!
The ancient Persians used to shut up their enemies with a honey glaze. And then they tied them to a raft in some god-forsaken pond, and set the bees on them.

Sibylus

Banned
Oh, and the best part is that they feed you more honey, so that even though you're stupid-dehydrated from the honey diarrhea, you'll never stop pooping and the bees will never stop gnawing on the inflamed flesh and open sores.

Did people bitch about Frostivus? I thought that was a cool mode.

Trasher

Oh, and the best part is that they feed you more honey, so that even though you're stupid-dehydrated from the honey diarrhea, you'll never stop pooping and the bees will never stop gnawing on the inflamed flesh and open sores.
How'd it turn out for those Persians?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems Valve updated the game, but the only thing I notice different is they updated a lot of localization files.

OK DOTA-GAF I now have 2.5 in flamesalts after like barely any games. Is there a way to legit nail 5M?

Lifestealer Open Wounds
Troll for DPS
Warlock for Fatal Bonds
Necrolyte to Scythe Tail/Horn when they get low enough
5th can either be Riki for a safety buffer (he can revive people without the YB noticing) or someone with -Armor for more DPS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The group I have seen doing the best is LS, Necro, Warlock, Drow, Sniper. I think the 4 ranged makes it easier to keep DPS up, since he tends to knock back melee heroes.

Zocano

Yo, DotA GAF, I've got like 4k ingots saved up and I would like to do some successful Year Beast runs but I'm low on friends playing atm (most of them went to sleep). Anyone okay with letting me tag along?

Satch

Banned
i guess the favor things come from the offerings?

i got Auspicious Helm of the Silent Guardian for silencer and Auspicious Speed Demon which is some legendary courier or w/e

and i have a ton of these crimson parcel things and i dont even know what they do except give me flamesalt shits and i dont know what those do either

i dont pay attention

KevinRo

warlock, lanaya, naix, sniper and troll will easily get you 10 million around 1,600 jade.

*edit* or 1400 i forgot.

Someone was telling me necrophos will help you get 20 million but I don't know.

I think I'll spend time today to see if I can get the courier, maybe the 1% one since it probably gets harder the on the next times it appears.

EDIT: Whoops double post, forgot to refresh the thread.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Should I be trying to ult before crushing when I get a blink on Slardar?

Nah. Just blink, stun, ult, right click. You want the element of surprise. Most people are gonna get scared after losing all their armor and back away instantly, you might try to blink in and come up a bit short. Play it safe.

Acinixys

Should I be trying to ult before crushing when I get a blink on Slardar?

As someone who plays a ton of Slardar, I would say armlet on - blink - stun - ult - bash away

His ult cast animation is pretty fast, so if you're blinking on a squishy support or someone with no stun/escape you can ult and then crush, because then crush does more damage that way(seeing as its physical)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

That's just a lame copout, people are excited for new content, not shitty game modes. People bitch that it isn't fun, because well, IT JUST ISN'T FUN lol. The whole diretide fiasco was just a result of pent up emotion from week after week with no patch and no word from Valve. All that impatience just exploded behind Diretide chant. If they released the spirits patch around Halloween without diretide I guarantee you nobody would have bitched.

Anyhow, Valve needs to stop wasting resources on these awful game modes (I'm pretty sure 6.80 + phoenix + terrorblade + new map + ability draft + offerings + new sets would have been more than enough, I really don't think people care much about the whole beast thing) or actually make a legitimately fun, replayable game mode.

dmshaposv

ability draft is a pretty fun game mode, even though ive yet to win a match in it

(totally broken players defeat our team 90% of the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom