• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Once he was below 50% the bonus damage and AS let him kill our right clickers faster then they could kill him. And we couldn't just group up, because as soon as we did then they did and we couldn't win teamfights.

Did you have at least one stun? In fact, part of the reason why I really don't like the Huskar remake is because despite his near magic immunity he's still almost always required to buy BKB so he can avoid disables--he's just way too susceptible to stuns, always has been, but now it's far worse with his horrible agility/armor. One stun and he's pretty much done.

People always try and outcarry him instead of countering him. You want 1 detection or someone dedicated to detection, and Sven and/or ES. Why I don't see more Sven picks against PL is beyond me. Get Sven Crit and a BKB and he can smash PL.

Not just Sven, there are plenty of options--Gyro, Luna, Medusa, Ember Spirit, Tiny. All are pretty effective against PL illusions, even late in the game (though if you're playing against a PL you kinda want to try to win the game before the 50 minute mark).

Aaron

People always try and outcarry him instead of countering him. You want 1 detection or someone dedicated to detection, and Sven and/or ES. Why I don't see more Sven picks against PL is beyond me. Get Sven Crit and a BKB and he can smash PL.
A good PL isn't usually with his illusions in the late game unless he's very tanky. Good area effect spells can get rid of illusions quick, but the best counter is usually to push hard against his towers and base, and try to force him on the defense. Hard to get coordinated in pubs though.

Razzer

I know, just addressing Technomancer's scenario where he does get fat. Not every game goes according to plan after all.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Played nothing but Treant tonight.

How legit is this hero. Just ran at dudes with my friend as soon as we got to lane. Leech Seed 2 gud.

dmshaposv

Why did I open the 3000 gem chest :( should have just sold it on the marketplace. Stupid rabbit.

i know that feel bro. $4 for that chest in the market instead of the trash mythical u get.

You expect dat battlefury/scythe of vyse/shadow blade but instead volvo gives u 50 cent announcer.

What are some good picks for Year Beast? Item builds? Have barely been playing lately, so I'm completely out of the loop.

Necro, Warlock, Lifestealer, 2 ranged DPS.

Warlock Fatal Bonds the YB so you damage all three parts at once, Lifestealer Open Wounds the YB so you can lifesteal to sustain yourself. Necro buys Orchid/Veil/EBlade and Ults the Body Parts when they fall low enough.

DPS just DPS and survive.

If anyone dies, Warlock Golems can be used to revive them and also to tank the shmup section.

Acinixys

I play on the African server 100% of the time, bit today I queued for EU east

Holy shit what a disaster

Me + 4 russians, 3 of whom fed like crazy and let the enemy PA get a multikill at 2 minutes

I think ill stay in the dark continent from now on

Razzer

Question: Who are the best counter initiators in the game, and what attributes typically make them good at this?

Initiators seem simple to identify, jumping in from range and good AOE ult or isolation abilities, but to counter initiate I'm not as sure. Of course, counter initiation isn't really a role as you don't want to be initiated on anyway, but still. The first person I thought of was Silencer, as waiting for them to commit and enter the fight then popping global could really neuter them when they are in deep.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Question: Who are the best counter initiators in the game, and what attributes typically make them good at this?

Initiators seem simple to identify, jumping in from range and good AOE ult or isolation abilities, but to counter initiate I'm not as sure. Of course, counter initiation isn't really a role as you don't want to be initiated on anyway, but still. The first person I thought of was Silencer, as waiting for them to commit and enter the fight then popping global could really neuter them when they are in deep.

If its a big AoE initiation Rubick is always your friend of course

inkls

Raytow

Just got back from a week-long ban from this "unnecessarily aggressive" post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=99682193&highlight=#post99682193

WTF. It was tongue-in-cheek. You guys know I love all of you.

Not anymore though. My life was ruined for a week. I now hate all of you and hope you all only get Russian feeders in your teams for the rest of your Dota days.

I thought it was because that child thread, weird.
Russian feeders are a given in solo queue so that's hardly a curse =P

Goddam you

May you and your descendants burn in poutine oil for all eternity

At least I've found another quebec gaffer, so there's that

Je m'excuse - je savais pas que c'etais toi qui a essayer de t'ajouter a mon liste d'ami. Le francais est mon deuxieme langue alors je peut dire que se n'est pas aussi fort que mon Anglais... mais c'est suffisant. Je joue beaucoup avec Anbokr et les autres GAFers et il est sur une autre niveau de terrible.

So I just caught up in this thread... Anbo KR - what are you doin bro. I'll try to play some in-houses tonight... and maybe be less salty about it.

FACE

Banned
Just got back from a week-long ban from this "unnecessarily aggressive" post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=99682193&highlight=#post99682193

WTF. It was tongue-in-cheek. You guys know I love all of you.

Not anymore though. My life was ruined for a week. I now hate all of you and hope you all only get Russian feeders in your teams for the rest of your Dota days.

Man, that's some bullshit.

I play on South America, brah. Can't get any more cursed than that.

I play on the African server 100% of the time, bit today I queued for EU east

Holy shit what a disaster

Me + 4 russians, 3 of whom fed like crazy and let the enemy PA get a multikill at 2 minutes

I think ill stay in the dark continent from now on

Please post the Dotabuff of that match. I fuckin crack up at feeding stats time and time again.

inkls

Je m'excuse - je savais pas que c'etais toi qui a essayer de t'ajouter a mon liste d'ami. Le francais est mon deuxieme langue alors je peut dire que se n'est pas aussi fort que mon Anglais... mais c'est suffisant. Je joue beaucoup avec Anbokr et les autres GAFers et il est sur une autre niveau de terrible.

So I just caught up in this thread... Anbo KR - what are you doin bro. I'll try to play some in-houses tonight... and maybe be less salty about it.

Ah, je pensais que c'etait ta langue maternelle. Mon erreur, et oui, Anbokr devrait desinstaller, c'est un noob.

I remember way more high school french than I thought I did.

Use this as pick-up line with french romantic interest: "Tes dents son comme les portes d'une grange mon magnifique concombre."

J'ai une pamplemousse pour une chapeau!

This one is also good.

I find most of the new heroes crap on PL.

LC can gank him pretty ez early, and her nuke does extra damage against illusions. Phoenix's spirits can make his illusions a non factor, and her radiance-like ult can clear them pretty quick when combined with something like ravage. TB is just a solid early game carry, something that can put a damper on PL's farm.

Looks like I just got invited to wildstar, where my dota2 gaf wildstar bros.

ElyrionX

Do you Shadowblade + Soul Ring/Orchid?

Nope. Wand + Aquila + Treads + SnY + Skadi.

SnY is the key here. At that stage of the game, you have to pick one from SnY, BKB and Shadowblade. I don't like SB because it gets too easily countered and I don't think BKB is that essential if you can time Dark Pact well. SnY provides a lot of things that Slark can leverage on. I used to go Drums but I don't think it's that great of an item especially after the recent 6.80 nerf. The buffed Ring of Aquila is really good for mid-game mana-starved agility heroes like Slark.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now after watching the User Generated Content talk by Valve, I feel they really should take their own advice for Dota 2, and just release their content creation tools as is to the community. Its clear people really want to make custom maps, game modes, heroes and balance patches, in the fact they are using custom and hacked together tools to do so already.

Now after watching the User Generated Content talk by Valve, I feel they really should take their own advice for Dota 2, and just release their content creation tools as is to the community. Its clear people really want to make custom maps, game modes, heroes and balance patches, in the fact they are using custom and hacked together tools to do so already.

I for one do not want anything remotely resembling commuity-made balance patches.

Nope. Wand + Aquila + Treads + SnY + Skadi.

SnY is the key here. At that stage of the game, you have to pick one from SnY, BKB and Shadowblade. I don't like SB because it gets too easily countered and I don't think BKB is that essential if you can time Dark Pact well. SnY provides a lot of things that Slark can leverage on. I used to go Drums but I don't think it's that great of an item especially after the recent 6.80 nerf. The buffed Ring of Aquila is really good for mid-game mana-starved agility heroes like Slark.
I still think shadow blade is amazing if you can get it earlier. I would rather build the basher after yasha on slark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom