• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Just got kicked out my game too. Was playing horribly and was losing horribly, but don't want abandon. Don't seem to be able to get back in though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wraith King picked, I don't think I have seen him in a real pro game.

Who is this commentator, he doesn't seem all that great.

edit: Maybe I'm crazy, but did he just light up a cigarette? I could of sworn I just heard a lighter click. And why does it say Caster Guide on the upper right?

ksan

Wraith King picked, I don't think I have seen him in a real pro game.

Who is this commentator, he doesn't seem all that great.

edit: Maybe I'm crazy, but did he just light up a cigarette? I could of sworn I just heard a lighter click. And why does it say Caster Guide on the upper right?

are you even watching the mlg stream? :D

I also love AXE and would love to see him in a pro game. I love the fear he strikes into opponents in the laning phase. They see you running at them and they just BOOK IT back from the creep wave

I really want to be good with wraith king. He's so tanky and cool to walk around with. Has anyone experimented with using blink dagger for more mobility? I've had some success using force staff, but it seems like the blink cooldown is longer then his ult timer so you cant escape by the time you respawn.

I tried Blink back when it had a mana cost, and it was tricky because of the mana. But when I had the mana, it worked well, so it's probably a good pickup at this point, but I can't really say from experience now that Blink got buffed

ksan

I really want to be good with wraith king. He's so tanky and cool to walk around with. Has anyone experimented with using blink dagger for more mobility? I've had some success using force staff, but it seems like the blink cooldown is longer then his ult timer so you cant escape by the time you respawn.

You'll lose against all other carries if you buy blink dagger with WK, and force staff is pretty useless without the the old stats and with the higher cost.
I'd say that it's better to build a damage item into bkb, then just carry on with normal carry items, his innate crit coupled with deso/ac can be pretty devastating.

Ocho

I lost a game yesterday because my team kept focusing Wraith King. Why focus the guy that will resurrect while the rest get a free pass?

Coming from highish level LoL, playing with some Dota2 peeps (200-300 wins) is leaving a lot to be desired. You'd think they would've kind of figured the game by now.

Maybe there is something I'm missing? We were up by 15 kills, by the way.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is the year beast thing up? I can't seem to launch a game search

EDIT: Oh network is down or something

I lost a game yesterday because my team kept focusing Wraith King. Why focus the guy that will resurrect while the rest get a free pass?

Coming from highish level LoL, playing with some Dota2 peeps (200-300 wins) is leaving a lot to be desired. You'd think they would've kind of figured the game by now.

Maybe there is something I'm missing? We were up by 15 kills, by the way.

Everyone is bad, that's what you're missing.

Everyone.

Karakand

Forkball you bastard

I was watching Netflix in bed last night and right as I was nodding off I hear this strange noise that sounds like a mix between a ding and a watery plop. I sat up confused and realized it was a Steam message. I groggily get up and check my PC, and it's Forkball making an obscene remark about the qop of pain picture I posted in here yesterday. MFW:

misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-clean.png

By the time I got back to my bed, my gf had spread out and was now hogging 75% of the bed space. So I had to wriggle in and sleep on my back, which meant I was snoring and woke up with a dry mouth.

It's all your fault

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/e/e4/Pain_attack_10.mp3

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What are some good heroes that counter those with illusions (PL, CK, Naga, TB). My main hero of choice for carrying pubs in ranked so far has been Jugg, but he's a pretty terrible pick against those types of heroes for the most part.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What are some good heroes that counter those with illusions (PL, CK, Naga, TB). My main hero of choice for carrying pubs in ranked so far has been Jugg, but he's a pretty terrible pick against those types of heroes for the most part.

LC, Sven, Madusa, Ember, to rattle off a few.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
LC, Sven, Madusa, Ember, to rattle off a few.

Legion Waifu! How could I forget. Ok time to start training Rocky style so I can take her back into ranked.

Holy shit at Arteezy's farm on this game. Dude is running midas back and forth on the courier to have room for another item. No mana on blink an inadvertent buff to the A-god.

Has he shown an updates to the stats on the Arizona Iced Out Bow?

I know this isn't really a counter but my friends and I discovered that skywrath mage's concussive shot actually homes into the actual hero when they're rolling with their illusions. It was surprisingly effective in a game in which TB kept split pushing with his illusions by himself.

RS4-

Lol, scraping by that 20m for the beast stack with Blackened, Rich, Dev, and eatbabies.

More farming for next set of beast runs!

Hylian7

So I got a Curse of the New Season (Lycan Wolf form), and my recipe to make the Little Green Jade Dragon requires that and an Auspicious item (I have a billion of them). I rarely play Lycan so I'm unlikely to use the wolf much. Should I make the dragon or keep the wolf?

Hupsel

Holy shit is it possible to stop a farmed Phantom Lancer? Even after the nerfs hes so strong in the right hands and can win the game by himself. I always try to carry dust against him but in pub matches with just one more friend its really hard to counter a good PL and you have to think about him the whole match. Fuck this fucking cat guy. keyboardestroyed.jpeg

Nirvana

Holy shit is it possible to stop a farmed Phantom Lancer? Even after the nerfs hes so strong in the right hands and can win the game by himself. I always try to carry dust against him but in pub matches with just one more friend its really hard to counter a good PL and you have to think about him the whole match. Fuck this fucking cat guy. keyboardestroyed.jpeg

He's pretty awful early on and bad against early push, because all he has to defend is his lance, which, due to his shitty mana pool isn't going to do much.

Super late game he basically out carries anyone, even Medusa and Gyro are going to struggle, so it's really about the early/mid game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I got a Curse of the New Season (Lycan Wolf form), and my recipe to make the Little Green Jade Dragon requires that and an Auspicious item (I have a billion of them). I rarely play Lycan so I'm unlikely to use the wolf much. Should I make the dragon or keep the wolf?

I would think it would be one of the more valuable ones, but I don't think any of the items from this chest are going to be worth much in the long run. But the Jade Dragon will likely also be near worthless.

ElyrionX

Fron my limited experience, mythical pieces from these chests tend to hold their value pretty well because they are just that much rarer. Just look at the Manta blades and Silent Ripper. They were actually at their cheapest when their respective chests were first launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom