• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Compare dmg:

Total PL illusion dmg (manta): 226%
Total Naga illusion dmg (manta): 201%
Total Terrorblade illusion dmg (manta): 176%

You're glossing over a few things. Remember TB gets 80 base damage in meta that propagate to his illusions which essentially puts them at over 100% of his base melee damage early/mid- game. Also they are ranged which is the most brutal part. Also naga and TB illusions are on demand, PL has to build up his army and his illusions also take more damage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ima likin all the lycan love

inb4 he's back to perma first ban status ala ti2

Yeah, I'm betting by the time TI4 rolls around, he won't ever actually get a chance to be picked unless they do a big patch before then (And if its in July, I don't see big patches happening)

Also, real talk, Howl being global OP.

Edit: Oh god VP is messing up so badly, I can't stop laughing.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
also i think this is the first time I really don't care for a new dota balance patch in a looooong time

the diversity in picks in 6.80 is so great, it's very difficult to predict what people are going to pick these days, so many viable options. Much much better patch that refined the awfulness that was 6.79 (the worst dota patch in recent history IMO), and brought back the diversity of 6.78 but took it even further.

Can Morphling also be popular again please? I came into the scene after he stopped being relevant which is sad cause he seems like a really neat hero.

morphling has been popular the last week or so, he's even a second round ban at times now and he's been picked up in both china and the west quite a bit

Shinypogs

Can Morphling also be popular again please? I came into the scene after he stopped being relevant which is sad cause he seems like a really neat hero.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really think the only shame of 6.80 is Earth Spirit is flat out dead. He wasn't actually fixed, he is a nerfed to hell dead hero. He is never played, he has a shit win rate, and will likely take now like 4 years to make fair and balanced.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really think the only shame of 6.80 is Earth Spirit is flat out dead. He wasn't actually fixed, he is a nerfed to hell dead hero. He is never played, he has a shit win rate, and will likely take now like 4 years to make fair and balanced.

eh who gives a shit he's not even in CM, he'll be refined along with brood

only thing I think he needs are more remnants or shorter remnant recharge time. He's still very strong, it's just after he blows his remnants in a teamfight, he's basically on cooldown for 3 minutes as a hero.

Sibylus

Banned
Nah, I think with tweaked values on his spells he'll turn out fine, he still does a billion damage with his ult, and his spells individually are stupidly strong.

I just want lc in cm.

And more heroes in general I guess.

He's picked now and then.

He's pretty much back to how good he was around TI2. Play him in pubs and shot gun people to death.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, dumb speculation. Could the reason a hypothetical Monkey King hero is being held back is that making Monkey King the first new hero to come directly to Dota 2 would be sort of lame? I mean, all the other competitors have a Monkey King and such, would sort of take away the wow factor. Therefore I believe its gonna be a Double New Hero Patch in like August.

Demoli

Nah, I think with tweaked values on his spells he'll turn out fine, he still does a billion damage with his ult, and his spells individually are stupidly strong.

I feel his individual skills really arent that good, what made him good was the absurd synergy that exhisted between all of his skills, and now he just doesnt have that at all, he feels very stiff and weak atm, only the ult deals significant damage and all his skills have basicly a 35s cd due to rocks. I'd be open for them to revert the silence and stun again but change his initial stats and stat growth to soemthing less tanky/smart to nerf his laning a bit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
http://battlefy.com/travdood/travdoods-2014-dota-2-spring-open/5306b228ca4cc60f1282b36d/teams

last chance to sign up for travdood's tournament taking place friday 14th - sunday 16th (although he might have finalized the bracket dunno, hopefully the guidos make it in if he gets enough teams to expand the bracket)

also I had to drop out cuz of uni finals so gaf is basically ez pickings now, they are all trash players; join to slay them along with the trash cadets and the guidos

edit: just got an update from travdood: sign-ups are indeed still open, he is remaking the bracket tonight after sign-ups are officially closed.

Demoli

Well, he needs something to set up his roll, It's nto impossible now, but it just wisn't worth the effort or the hero, I'd be okay with tweaked cd/ duration.

manfestival

http://battlefy.com/travdood/travdoods-2014-dota-2-spring-open/5306b228ca4cc60f1282b36d/teams

last chance to sign up for travdood's tournament taking place friday 14th - sunday 16th (although he might have finalized the bracket dunno, hopefully the guidos make it in)

also I had to drop out cuz of uni finals so gaf is basically ez pickings now, they are all trash players; join to slay them along with the trash cadets and the guidos

yall are gonna get stomped by the buttriders and alpha

real

For some reason I thought that ranked would be sort of tryhard and have less dumb shit happening than regular matchmaking but it's just the same. Only now I get to see a number fall when I lose.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel his individual skills really arent that good, what made him good was the absurd synergy that exhisted between all of his skills

His individuals skills are still good. The synergy made playing him smooth and fun. Now he feels like a lot of work, like Invoker.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
just got an update from travdood: sign-ups are indeed still open, he is remaking the bracket tonight after sign-ups are officially closed.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
e5GiBCW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom