• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

sven has creeped up into my flavor of the month status. I feel like only playing sven games at the moment. I feel like I will also never get another win playing dragon knight, which sucks cause I got the crest of the wyrm lord shield or whatever it is and ashtongue :(

Anno

Why is timber good vs strength heroes? Is it because they generally have low armor?

Whirling Death is a 15% reduction in the hero's primary stat. -15% strength is a ton of flat HP off the top. Not to mention that a lot of his damage is pure.

Artanisix

Why is timber good vs strength heroes? Is it because they generally have low armor?

chop chop chop

Timbersaw's whirling blades annihilates 15% of your enemy's main stat. In the case of strength heroes, this chop chop chops their strength away, massively reducing their max health for a duration.

Randdalf

Whirling Death causes heroes to lose 15% of their primary attribute. This is especially good against strength heroes because it means their max health decreases, whereas with Agility heroes and Intelligence heroes it reduces their armour and mana pool respectively (as well as damage, of course).

Ketch

Oh wow. Now I really want to learn how to play timber. I got him once in AR and went safe lane and tried to last hit against a wind runner…… it didn't go well and I never tried him again.

manfestival

Whirling Death is a 15% reduction in the hero's primary stat. -15% strength is a ton of flat HP off the top. Not to mention that a lot of his damage is pure.

holy cow, I never knew that(I really need to start reading what abilities do) and I learned yesterday that centaurs ult does damage if you run through your enemies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sven still sucks

Good example that you don't need to nerf someone to the ground just because they are flavor of the month. A year ago people were crying foul saying he was OP.

Also, screw EG vs Cloud9 round 2, Cloud9 vs Empire is where the real hype is at. The Fan Favorites vs The Sleeping Giant.

edit: Empire picked Lycan, GG no re.

Anno

so is Resolution

He is. Actually pretty muh everyone on Empire has been recently and they don't seem to get too much love. Vanskor seems to be the only one I hear about as being one of the "best in the west" the of status. Resolution seems maybe the most underrated mid out there.

Demoli

There is no way a late game Naga will ever be stronger than a late game PL. Absolutely no way.

Its 3 45% damage dealt 200% damage taken illusions, with radiance and riptide on top which will clear the PL illusions fairly easily. Imo, at worst they come up even.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There is no way a late game Naga will ever be stronger than a late game PL. Absolutely no way.

Depends on context. Me and 1.09 tested this out many many times in a private lobby with every conceivable item build. In a straight up 1v1 with max items, Naga wins. I was a believer after that.

So, you just need to manipulate clashes so that you can isolate him and oh wait that's exactly what you do against PL!

Haly

Being able to have 6 illusions on demand vs PL's 2 and RNG, as well as the ability to reset fights if things look bad.

Caveat: In those fights, Naga had sentries. Without them PL would probably win more.

Haly

We didnt use boots at all. Just 6 items.

I've tried Divine spam, and even caught him off guard once with Refresher/Abyssal. But overall PL lost.

Quesa

We didnt use boots at all. Just 6 items.

I've tried Divine spam, and even caught him off guard once with Refresher/Abyssal. But overall PL lost.

a) shouldn't you use bots, since that's a build you're more likely to use in pubs?

b) did you guys switch heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom