• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

or imagine if ee was good and didnt go in 1v5 with rapier, like just a thought, then again he probably knows better than me, or who knows

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't stop adding new features.

http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/prizetracker/livegames

i0wnXH6xlJLqw.JPG

I'm not sure what your endgame plans are for this but I would love to have an all-encompassing, pro Dota page I could go to to check schedules, standings and stats the way contact sports official pages track that kind of thing. I don't know about everybody else but I have taken to just going to Dota 2 Lounge to see what games are being played at any given time since it has them all listed in order of happening and has links to streams. It is still a total pain to follow each league's progress through their individual websites.

I'm not sure what your endgame plans are for this but I would love to have an all-encompassing, pro Dota page I could go to to check schedules, standings and stats the way contact sports official pages track that kind of thing. I don't know about everybody else but I have taken to just going to Dota 2 Lounge to see what games are being played at any given time since it has them all listed in order of happening and has links to streams. It is still a total pain to follow each league's progress through their individual websites.

youve never just gone to joindota?

Madouu

Real talk - Fnatic need to have line-up change or people playing a different role if they want to dream of doing well at the International.

I don't know, part of the reason they've been so good is their stability. I think unless they have some big personal problems they can still stick together and improve. esports in general would benefit if there were more stable teams and fnatic kind of sets up an example for others to follow. They need a tournament win badly in my opinion, something to boost their morale.

In other news, on FATA's twitter:

Samyak Saxena ‏@LFCSlew 5 min
Was that even dota. @Dota2FATA

Adrian Trinks ‏@Dota2FATA 1 min
@LFCSlew i highly doubt it

I don't know, part of the reason they've been so good is their stability. I think unless they have some big personal problems they can still stick together and improve. esports in general would benefit if there were more stable teams and fnatic kind of sets up an example for others to follow. They need a tournament win badly in my opinion, something to boost their morale.

In other news, on FATA's twitter:

Even with a constant roster, 2 years now, they're as inconsistent as ever. It's not progressing is the short hand way of saying it.

I think they're playing Notail in the wrong position personally. That's my 2p.

Renoir

do you guys do reports ?
do you think its effective?

some dude was raging because i didnt ult with LC.
i tell him it was on CD, but he comes back and says im a retard and says the CD isnt that long. so im like ok bro.. he goes on to say im not your fkn bro, youre black, so i mute him.

is the mute button my only salvation?

do you guys do reports ?
do you think its effective?

some dude was raging because i didnt ult with LC.
i tell him it was on CD, but he comes back and says im a retard and says the CD isnt that long. so im like ok bro.. he goes on to say im not your fkn bro, youre black, so i mute him.

is the mute button my only salvation?

Be liberal with mutes. You're not missing anything from their mouths by using it.

Reports put people into low priority. There is a fun little message that gets you all warm and fuzzy inside when it lets you know that you reported some dick now serving his time in dota hell.

KevinRo

Ughhhhh.

The Dreamleague stream is going to suck with James gone.

Draskyl is goddamn annoying. Especially when he or someone corrects him it's like the world ends at that singular moment.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
legit 2gd is the only thing GOOD about that panel, is he actually gone wtf? Dude is fucking hilarious. Isn't the gd studio HIS studio lol? Better be a troll/joke or I'll have to watch dreamleague on mute again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matchmaking was not kind today. it gave us a 2-queue with one guy who was really good and the other super bad. 3 Slipper of Agility, no regen stat/crit jugg. Oh well.

Renoir

Be liberal with mutes. You're not missing anything from their mouths by using it.

Reports put people into low priority. There is a fun little message that gets you all warm and fuzzy inside when it lets you know that you reported some dick now serving his time in dota hell.

aigh, i did it. so i guess i wait for this message and that fuzzy feeling lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
LbPlpzr.png
vs
esRjNEq.png

theres no reason to go to dota lounge to find out when games are happening

its perfectly fine at joindota

Yes there is. D2L also has a list of games that have happened recently with winner result and the upcoming matches listed there say the name of the league or tournament they are in as opposed to just listing "team 1 vs team 2."

Also you're just addressing one thing that I brought up. League standings and player stat tracking is something that I feel could be greatly improved on in pro Dota. I don't see Dreamleague standings anywhere on the joindota page. In fact, I don't know where I could go to find Dreamleague standings right now. I can't even find them at the official page. I guess they are in the compendium, if I want them from ca. 3 days ago... All of this information could be presented MUCH better and at a centralized location. Joindota ain't perfect. I'm sorry if this makes your butt hurt.

Dec

Yes there is. D2L also has a list of games that have happened recently with winner result and the upcoming matches listed there say the name of the league or tournament they are in as opposed to just listing "team 1 vs team 2."

Also you're just addressing one thing that I brought up. League standings and player stat tracking is something that I feel could be greatly improved on in pro Dota. I don't see Dreamleague standings anywhere on the joindota page. In fact, I don't know where I could go to find Dreamleague standings right now. I can't even find them at the official page. I guess they are in the compendium, if I want them from ca. 3 days ago... All of this information could be presented MUCH better and at a centralized location. Joindota ain't perfect. I'm sorry if this makes your butt hurt.

This what you're looking for?

http://www.joindota.com/en/coverages/6727-dreamleague-season-1#6111_groupstage

Edit: For future reference, I just searched "dreamleague join dota" on google.

LiQuid!

Dec

Yes. Look at how well that page is laid out too, wowee. Any clue how that would be navigated to from the joindota homepage? I hope that at least illustrates the point that this information could be handled better. Googling shouldn't be the answer.

They update a huge amount of tournaments and from their new year video, staff is pretty small if that's everyone.

You can find a list of tournaments here, clicking on them brings you to a page like that one for each tournament.

http://www.joindota.com/en/coverages

Edit: If there is a game coming up you can click the match to get a page like this, with a link to the tournament page on it. http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/104359-team-empire-vs-natus-vincere

It could be laid out better for sure, but it's a very useful site for following tournaments.

At the moment I'm just pushing the APIs to their limits. JoinDOTA and Gosugamers both have an army of volunteers who enter all the matches in manually.

There's an API that hooks into the event calender that you see in game but that is currently broken.

Wes

venison crêpe
On a semi-related note. Did Valve ever get round to changing the API so you could pull match details from privately created matches?

I'm asking for milkman's sake when he gets around to making IHL2 in the coming months.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't wait to see Akke or EGM on Phoenix.

LASERS FOR DAYS.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
On a semi-related note. Did Valve ever get round to changing the API so you could pull match details from privately created matches?

I'm asking for milkman's sake when he gets around to making IHL2 in the coming months.

LOL good joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom