• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the real problem is having to balance the games to be a good spectator sport.

The double elim Bo3 format makes it that the series could potentially end after 2 games, which is pretty damn lackluster (admittedly WB advantage of one game doesn't fix this) and could instead stretch up to six. Bo5 would be even crazier in that regard.

So a single Bo5 is usually the best way to ensure a decent length while still keeping it in a reasonable timeframe.

I don't really like it, but that's the way it is.

BigAT

I think the circumstances are different given the length of Dota games compared to, say, MvC3 or Street Fighter.

I appreciate what you're saying, but one, with the potential for two BO3's is about the same length of time as a single BO5, if not shorter. I'll agree that two BO5's would be crazy.

Dec

Alliance is using ults and 4 or 5 heroes to gank one hero. Definitely seems like they cannot win a team fight. Dendi and Luna are getting huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom