• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Chris R

I don't enjoy carrying because I find it so stressful but damn, I'm so good at farming and CSing. wat do

Play a support and steal all the farm and CS since your carry won't do it.

Then lose the game and take all the blame despite out playing your carry to the tune of 4 levels and 5k gold.

BeesEight

http://i.imgur.com/Nyop7iN.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I also enjoy Hylian7's escapades in the upper 3k bracket so I know I'm weird.

[quote="Dreams-Visions, post: 105045077"]I'm not even sure what the value of ranked is until you reach the threshold of MMR where you can mostly escape ragers and people that really just don't give a shit.[/QUOTE]

There isn't any, really, other than to have a number to flap about.

Stealing last hits in lane as a support sounds good. Thank you guys.

edit: Also, I'l hit 4k by the end of the month tops. Maybe I should carry Hylian then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm sorry, what? Bots??

Geez, I can't find any of the better pictures on reddit now, but they pop up in the new feed every day or so. The only one I can find is of an unranked game, but some groups are farming up MMR on accounts to resell them.

Here is an unranked game where the enemy team is just bots:
LwAnmae.jpg

Edit: Here's something else, an account that was boosted to 7.2k MMR.
Makes use of some technique to ensure a dummy account is on the other team that will feed him and his team

http://dotabuff.com/players/166523411

anyone having these lag spikes during games that make projectiles disappear and whatnot? this started happening last week or so i think. my internet is normal though. either way it's really annoying. i'm thinking it's on their end so i hope this gets fixed soon

Play mid?

I play all roles equally. It's just that I find carrying the most stressful but I farm extremely efficient (can't get below 500 gpm even in losing games to save my life) and my item choices are perfect. Then again, I'm not sure if I am a great carry because I tend to lose more than win when I get the safe lane farm. I think I'm a tad too greedy and join fights too rarely, I dunno. If I were this good, I'd probably cracked 4k by now.

I'm really good at farming and CSing, that's about it probably.

Playing mid is fine, but I'm a slowly getting sick and tired of playing against Invoker. Really stupid hero to lane against.

Demoli

I play all roles equally. It's just that I find carrying the most stressful but I farm extremely efficient (can't get below 500 gpm even in losing games to save my life) and my item choices are perfect. Then again, I'm not sure if I am a great carry because I tend to lose more than win when I get the safe lane farm. I think I'm a tad too greedy and join fights too rarely, I dunno. If I were this good, I'd probably cracked 4k by now.

I'm really good at farming and CSing, that's about it probably.

If you are all about the farm but fear not being enough, just play Naga, tb or morph. Rat all over with illusions (or the other way around with morph) at like 0 risk of diying, and when you get your core up, just go there yourself and take racks.

Ez games providing you have a good support.

If you are all about the farm but fear not being enough, just play Naga, tb or morph. Rat all over with illusions (or the other way around with morph) at like 0 risk of diying, and when you get your core up, just go there yourself and take racks.

Ez games providing you have a good support.

Yeah, I ratted the opposition to death with Naga yesterday. 12 min radiance, 700 gpm which could've been higher but we were like 3 or 4 carries farming the jungle constantly. I should probably stick to such heroes. I love split pushing as well. I should probably learn Morph for real.

You should give me those farming skills because I severely need them, and I'm tired of supporting people. Annoying, thankless job in dis game.

Low Tier
You guys are weird. Playing support means last hitting is even more pivotal than if you're carrying. You get very few chances to last hit, so you have to make sure you get those last hits so you can get some farm. As a carry you're going to have unhindered access to the jungle and lane as long as your team is playing well, so a few missed last hits mean nothing in the long run, whilst as a support if you miss 1-2 last hits, that's gonna be a bigger toll on your economy.

And if anyone even tries to rebuke this by saying they never take last hits and end a game with no cs, download one of your replays and notice every time you could've made farm while you were roaming and doing nothing, or failing a gank, or standing by. Its astonishing how many people complain about having no items as support when they dont take opportunities to get farm when their carry can't feasibly be there.

Vaporak

Watching the movie now, holy shit. I was not expecting the feels. The scene with HYHY outside smoking combined with knowing how the tournament ends. =( =( =(

Yeah, I got a bit teary during some scenes, definitely better than I thought it was going to be.

Live Q&A with the players and makers of the movie on Twitch.

Starting now.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

edit: found the Vod, it's sad HyHy isn't there though. :(
There going to be any vods of the Q&A?

You guys are weird. Playing support means last hitting is even more pivotal than if you're carrying. You get very few chances to last hit, so you have to make sure you get those last hits so you can get some farm. As a carry you're going to have unhindered access to the jungle and lane as long as your team is playing well, so a few missed last hits mean nothing in the long run, whilst as a support if you miss 1-2 last hits, that's gonna be a bigger toll on your economy.

And if anyone even tries to rebuke this by saying they never take last hits and end a game with no cs, download one of your replays and notice every time you could've made farm while you were roaming and doing nothing, or failing a gank, or standing by. Its astonishing how many people complain about having no items as support when they dont take opportunities to get farm when their carry can't feasibly be there.

I can last hit fine, I guess. But I don't have the habits, I'm too used to roam and crap like that.

FACE

Banned

I try to get some gold when the carry isn't on the lane or when I occasionally rotate to mid lane because mid went somewhere that isn't my lane to gank, but I'm not good at it :(

Demoli

I try to get some gold when the carry isn't on the lane or when I occasionally rotate to mid lane because mid went somewhere that isn't my lane to gank, but I'm not good at it :(

I feel one of the best supports to help you learn this is CM, you can just jungle inbetween roams and other instances of downtime, at least it was how I practiced and I feel it improved my support work a lot.

This us true. Sometimes in the lane phase you can tell if the carry is going to miss some last hits. I try to jump in and grab them so at least someone gets it. This is a lot easier if you are a ranged hero.

I also tend to steal a few if courier upgrades or wards are needed and I don't have enough gold at the moment. I just follow up to alert the carry in the lane that was for whatever item. Typically the understand and don't freak out over two stolen last hits.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I heard that show stops being dogshit after the first season.

Confirm/Deny?

100% confirmed

first half of season 1: good (IMO), but there are a few shortfalls (like kard I still absolutely love the first few episodes, but some people have issues with them)
second half of season 1: best comic book hero TV adaptation, really entertaining television overall
season 2: holy fuck this is the best comic book film adaptation in general, puts a lot of the films to shame.

It's like Nolan batman but made better--better action, more interesting characters, a much better overall plot, and you have the television format that allows for a more prolonged story and fleshing out of characters. If you like comic books or comic book films, you have to watch this show. It's phenomenal. The show also does a great job of avoiding the sluggish pace of serialized television and the typical format of "first 3 episodes = fast paced main story |||| insert 15 episodes of filler here ||| last 3 episodes = fast paced main story with a frustrating cliff hanger." Every season of Arrow is like a 24 hour film, very little filler here, and the fast-pace of the show is absolutely awesome and rewarding.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah I'm at the stage in my Dota development where its really clear that the next frontier is not just map awareness but maximizing map positioning, making sure that if I'm roaming its actually feasible to get a kill and not just wasting time.

Yeah I'm at the stage in my Dota development where its really clear that the next frontier is not just map awareness but maximizing map positioning, making sure that if I'm roaming its actually feasible to get a kill and not just wasting time.

We both need some 20+ hours of watching pro replays.

Zephyx

I'm stuck at that level too. It's hard to do what people do in the replays if you don't have a good team. Maybe it's time to find a solid group to train with?

100% confirmed

first half of season 1: good (IMO), but there are a few shortfalls (like kard I still absolutely love the first few episodes, but some people have issues with them)
second half of season 1: best comic book hero TV adaptation, really entertaining television overall
season 2: holy fuck this is the best comic book film adaptation in general, puts a lot of the films to shame.

It's like Nolan batman but made better--better action, more interesting characters, a much better overall plot, and you have the television format that allows for a more prolonged story and fleshing out of characters. If you like comic books or comic book films, you have to watch this show. It's phenomenal. The show also does a great job of avoiding the sluggish pace of serialized television and the typical format of "first 3 episodes = fast paced main story |||| insert 15 episodes of filler here ||| last 3 episodes = fast paced main story with a frustrating cliff hanger." Every season of Arrow is like a 24 hour film, very little filler here, and the fast-pace of the show is absolutely awesome and rewarding.

Understood.

I'll resume watching. I stopped after maybe 5 or 6 episodes during S1. Just wasn't really impressed. But it wouldn't be the first show that I endured a mediocre season 1 in order to get to amazingness in seasons following (Babylon5).

dorkimoe

Finished the movie. Been waiting a year. Fucking so well made. The way they did the cinematic fights was fucking awesome. And dat dendi dream coil.

Razzer

Yeah the movie was really great. Dendi was as great as expected, but I don't know much about hy so his story actually moved me. The bit where he was smoking you could feel how much emotion he was feeling.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dream Coil is the $1 million ult.

In other news:
iEJDMDiHPpLem.gif

Still the best Earth Spirit NA.

bounchfx' set (not depicted in replay mode for some reason) is FIERCE.

FACE

Banned
I feel one of the best supports to help you learn this is CM, you can just jungle inbetween roams and other instances of downtime, at least it was how I practiced and I feel it improved my support work a lot.

I'll definitely try that out later, thanks!

fallagin

Man, batrider is so much fun to play as. For the longest time I had no idea how to play him properly and I would just feed. Then I figured out that he can jungle like a mother fucker, and now I can genuinely contribute in a game. Feels good man.

Top Bottom