• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Why is it, that everytime i play at night in europe i lose because my team has nothing better to do than calling each others noobs and start crying and screaming for everything not working in their way. I am just fucking tired of losing games because of crybabies who prefer typing whole stories over actual playing the game. /rant.

Question: what buttons do you guys bind your inventory items to? I've been experimenting with changing my 3-year old setup around and haven't found anything that makes me comfortable.

XAL

Played a shitty game as Venge in bot lane with DK (1-6). Jakiro, Slark, and Wraith King jumped out of fog and wrecked us twice. They jumped me mutiple times when I was behind tier 2 (when tier 1 was up). No help from mid Pudge at all.

Then the Pudge keeps telling everyone that I'm trash talking hard and to report me when I've literally said nothing the whole game. Then I point out our DK was playing just as bad and our Ursa was 0-4-0 (and Zeus 2-8) and no one was winning their lanes. Then DK and Pudge (same party) told me that everyone lost their lanes because I fed "those nigs" - Pudge's words (even though DK died every time with me and pudge never left mid).

Then Pudge told me to enjoy my ban, all the while berating me on voice chat for losing the entire game for them.

These games with vile scum teammates make me want to stop playing dota all together. Don't really have anyone to play with so I'm just solo queuing. Guh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Question: what buttons do you guys bind your inventory items to? I've been experimenting with changing my 3-year old setup around and haven't found anything that makes me comfortable.

Alt + Q/W/E/A/S/D

HoN style.

(Makes giving other people bottle charges kind of awkward though.)

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/569990197

Not bitching about teammates here, but legitimate question. How could I have won this? I ask because going against this split push doto really is annoying, especially with teammates giving up before they even touch T3s. Tree called Lycan "OP" and claims to have played since WC3 days. Clearly he forgot 2012 somewhere in there...

n0b

You guys are weird. Playing support means last hitting is even more pivotal than if you're carrying. You get very few chances to last hit, so you have to make sure you get those last hits so you can get some farm. As a carry you're going to have unhindered access to the jungle and lane as long as your team is playing well, so a few missed last hits mean nothing in the long run, whilst as a support if you miss 1-2 last hits, that's gonna be a bigger toll on your economy.

And if anyone even tries to rebuke this by saying they never take last hits and end a game with no cs, download one of your replays and notice every time you could've made farm while you were roaming and doing nothing, or failing a gank, or standing by. Its astonishing how many people complain about having no items as support when they dont take opportunities to get farm when their carry can't feasibly be there.

Preach. Being efficient on the map is one of the few things I know for certain I've made consistent progress on in dota.

Haly

razer naga bro

I don't like mouse-binds, for the most part. I feel like they're bad for precision. This is my mouse:
FK_001.png

The only thing that's bound is "Retrieve and deliver items", bound to one of the side buttons. Razer Naga wouldn't work because my grip is mostly claw so I grab the sides pretty hard.

Boken

Banned
o wow i didnt kno u were so bad
Alt + Q/W/E/A/S/D

HoN style.

this ones the most logical and easiest to pick up

i dont know how to stop myself from pinging every once in a while tho

I don't like mouse-binds, for the most part. I feel like they're bad for precision. This is my mouse:

The only thing that's bound is "Retrieve and deliver items", bound to one of the side buttons. Razer Naga wouldn't work because my grip is mostly claw so I grab the sides pretty hard.
AHK a keyboard macro den

Ketch

Played a shitty game as Venge in bot lane with DK (1-6). Jakiro, Slark, and Wraith King jumped out of fog and wrecked us twice. They jumped me mutiple times when I was behind tier 2 (when tier 1 was up). No help from mid Pudge at all.

Then the Pudge keeps telling everyone that I'm trash talking hard and to report me when I've literally said nothing the whole game. Then I point out our DK was playing just as bad and our Ursa was 0-4-0 (and Zeus 2-8) and no one was winning their lanes. Then DK and Pudge (same party) told me that everyone lost their lanes because I fed "those nigs" - Pudge's words (even though DK died every time with me and pudge never left mid).

Then Pudge told me to enjoy my ban, all the while berating me on voice chat for losing the entire game for them.

These games with vile scum teammates make me want to stop playing dota all together. Don't really have anyone to play with so I'm just solo queuing. Guh.

Anytime people try to get abusive, racist, homophobic, whatever they get a quick Mute & report. I just type in exactly what they said before I muted them, and I consistently get feedback that it worked. You won't be missing anything and you'll be do the community a favor.

Don't miss out on a great game because of some jerkasses.

bbd23

thats my mouse! :D haha. Feels really nice

Kalnos

Banned
Anytime people try to get abusive, racist, homophobic, whatever they get a quick Mute & report. I just type in exactly what they said before I muted them, and I consistently get feedback that it worked. You won't be missing anything and you'll be do the community a favor.

Don't miss out on a great game because of some jerkasses.

Pretty much. People who queue together and blame their teammates and yell at them are the worst.

Alt + Q/W/E/A/S/D

HoN style.

maaaaan. I was trying that out just today using one of my extra side mouse buttons as Alt. It felt like...It was really easy to misclick the QWER before the alt and end up with a very unintended spell being used. Maybe I needed to spend more time with it. I ran it with Tinker (my "trial by fire" hero for testing button setups since I often end up with 6 active items on him) and while it worked most of the time...a lot of the time I failed to hold alt before pressing the associated key and burning chunks of mana on the wrong stuff. IDK. I'm trying ZXCGV and space now.

I'll keep experimenting.

Kreunt

Banned
o wow i didnt kno u were so bad

this ones the most logical and easiest to pick up

i dont know how to stop myself from pinging every once in a while tho

yeah i do that occasionally as well, usually its when i'm using a blink dagger.

only thing i got bound to my mouse is 'hold position' on one of my thumb buttons and steam push to talk on another.

Haly

Well, I used to click items in Dota1, and then adopted Hon's system as I got better, and now it's second nature so, keep at it and it'll click eventually.

Just had one of my most satisfying games ever. One of our players dc'd after we gave away first blood and one of our other players was afk for the whole game. Still managed to pull out the win 3 vs 5 (thanks in some part to our mediocre opposition). Still sooo good. <3 Centaur

Hylian7

The only thing that's bound is "Retrieve and deliver items", bound to one of the side buttons.

The only things I have bound on my mouse are these. (Logitech G700)

TRjBZJ4.png

The "Rune top" and "Rune bot' buttons jump the camrea to the rune spots.

"Forward" and "Back" are mouse 4 and Mouse 5, which are for Dota voice chat and Mumble chat

Boken

Banned
maaaaan. I was trying that out just today using one of my extra side mouse buttons as Alt. It felt like...It was really easy to misclick the QWER before the alt and end up with a very unintended spell being used. Maybe I needed to spend more time with it. I ran it with Tinker (my "trial by fire" hero for testing button setups since I often end up with 6 active items on him) and while it worked most of the time...a lot of the time I failed to hold alt before pressing the associated key and burning chunks of mana on the wrong stuff. IDK. I'm trying ZXCGV and space now.

I'll keep experimenting.

i recommend using left alt - that way the one hand is responsible for the one action and is less confusing for you.

Is it me or there's a bug where the couriers stand in the middle of a camp for some reason? Has happened in bot games and normal matches.

Haly

I claw as well, but all that golf training lets me maintain firm control with a gentle touch. I've got all of my items and courier binds on the mouse, as well as taunt.

Golf huh? We getting fancy now.
How did you ever do Sand King in Dota 1?!

I didn't play Sand King in Dota1.

My crowning item micro in Dota1, however, was a Tinker game back when Manta Tinker was in vogue. I had Boots of Travel, Manta Style and Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse and I solo'd everyone.
Minus is complete garbage, use abload.de

I have too much GIF/JPEG history on Minus to make a shift now. Not until they go the way of Photobucket will I switch to abload.
imrSoE.png

Me carrying as Irelia.

i0L86a8X35oTf.png

Me carrying as Drow.

ibgmaUIwcmlRzH.png

Ellen pudge thirsting for that chair dick, as usual.

ibsbWq3gcdIo6l.gif

Depressedcarbine is depressed.

i4UQNPrPyjB4P.gif

Moody proving he's the best player in DOTA2GAF

Good times.

Top Bottom