• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

XAL

Anytime people try to get abusive, racist, homophobic, whatever they get a quick Mute & report. I just type in exactly what they said before I muted them, and I consistently get feedback that it worked. You won't be missing anything and you'll be do the community a favor.

Don't miss out on a great game because of some jerkasses.

Thanks, I'll try direct quotes when I encounter these types of players.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Valve needs to make it so you can bind a single button to share a bottle, and it just works. Maybe I'll see if there is a way I could bind Alt + Item2 to like G.

Edit: Found something minor that I don't think many will notice, the amount of time it takes to be flagged as AFK is now 6 minutes.

Valve needs to make it so you can bind a single button to share a bottle, and it just works. Maybe I'll see if there is a way I could bind Alt + Item2 to like G.

On the flip side, Valve needs to make it so you can bind a button combination to share a ward. I was trying to put down an observer immediately after taking a T3 tower and they kept ending up on the floor because the game thought I was trying to hand it to a six-slotted ally.

Kreunt

Banned
Well, I used to click items in Dota1, and then adopted Hon's system as I got better, and now it's second nature so, keep at it and it'll click eventually.

I tried changing my hotkeys away from HoN style once, couldn't get used to it, that shits way too deeply ingrained at this point.

ElyrionX

My crowning item micro in Dota1, however, was a Tinker game back when Manta Tinker was in vogue. I had Boots of Travel, Manta Style and Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse and I solo'd everyone.

By this, you mean you tried to 1v5 but ended up feeding because you missed all your numpad hotkeys right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By this, you mean you tried to 1v5 but ended up feeding because you missed all your numpad hotkeys right?

No, I mean I carried my team by clicking my items manually every time I rearmed.

n0b

http://dotabuff.com/matches/569990197

Not bitching about teammates here, but legitimate question. How could I have won this? I ask because going against this split push doto really is annoying, especially with teammates giving up before they even touch T3s. Tree called Lycan "OP" and claims to have played since WC3 days. Clearly he forgot 2012 somewhere in there...

With that draft, the only thing I can think of excessively aggressive warding and constant ganking pressure. You really don't have carries that can deal with their team or any viable counterpush to deal with zoo pushes.

Blinks and travels all around and just punish any time anybody tries to split push solo, keep the lanes out and don't let them fight near objectives. Even if you wipe them, if they have the creep positioning their army would still take out whatever you're trying to protect with the howl buff.

At best to hold them off at full strength Alch would have had to go battlefury for his farming item and then cleave up all the summons with the bkb to tank the necros popping, but that means your team would have control the rest of the team fight perfectly so that Alch has free reign.

That matchup is just hard for your team no matter what. You need perfect agression or perfect defense.

GorillaJu

On the topic of hotkeys, I have a system in place so that I don't have to think too much when I want to use an item.

ALT + W is always boots, ALT + E is for movement items (blink, force), ALT + A is dagon or heals, ALT + S is usually non-active, but if it is, it's something I don't need to use in battle often because it's harder to press. ALT + D is Black King Bar.

The first slot is Space Bar. I don't use ALT + Q. I use that for orchid, sheep or Eul's. Stuff that you need to be able to use at a moment's notice.

Satch

Banned
I'm glad you reinstalled. Did you learn anything valuable during your hiatus?

i didnt uninstall in the first place i just stopped playing for like a month

every time i tried to play, i remembered losing to you and all of my fighting spirit would leave me instantly :))))))))))))))

also i learned that i can hold a grudge over a game for a very long time :))))))

i hate you :))))))))))))

yes im still mad about that match :')))))))))))))))))))

Have a question regarding OD. Every now and then I'll see an OD player do the following combo; Astral --> Sanity's Eclipse while the enemy is still Astralled. I've always thought this was idiotic since I assumed that the ult wouldn't hit an opponent that was astralled. However I've seen this combo performed enough where I starting to think that I might have this wrong. Does this combo work?

ElyrionX

Have a question regarding OD. Every now and then I'll see an OD player do the following combo; Astral --> Sanity's Eclipse while the enemy is still Astralled. I've always thought this was idiotic since I assumed that the ult wouldn't hit an opponent that was astralled. However I've seen this combo performed enough where I starting to think that I might have this wrong. Does this combo work?

Yes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deals damage to enemy Heroes in an area of effect based on the difference between Harbinger and the affected Hero's intelligence. If the intelligence difference is under a threshold, the affected Hero loses 75% of its current mana. Sanity's Eclipse can hit units trapped in Astral Imprisonment.

Hylian7

With that draft, the only thing I can think of excessively aggressive warding and constant ganking pressure. You really don't have carries that can deal with their team or any viable counterpush to deal with zoo pushes.

Blinks and travels all around and just punish any time anybody tries to split push solo, keep the lanes out and don't let them fight near objectives. Even if you wipe them, if they have the creep positioning their army would still take out whatever you're trying to protect with the howl buff.

At best to hold them off at full strength Alch would have had to go battlefury for his farming item and then cleave up all the summons with the bkb to tank the necros popping, but that means your team would have control the rest of the team fight perfectly so that Alch has free reign.

That matchup is just hard for your team no matter what. You need perfect agression or perfect defense.

Figured that was the case. The Brew pick was very questionable. While SS was great at picking the rats off, the rest of the team wasn't doing much. Tree was giving up waaaaaay too early. He blinked outside of base to ult their whole team between the top and bot rax, right outside the wall. Really bad spot to blink to, and it pretty much sealed the deal. I'm sure I could have done some things better but I did what I could.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, people were not kidding that Disruptor is easy wins, the buffs he received in 6.79 add up a lot, everything is so much easier to hit. Now just to do it in numbers mode.

Kreunt

Banned
On the topic of hotkeys, I have a system in place so that I don't have to think too much when I want to use an item.

ALT + W is always boots, ALT + E is for movement items (blink, force), ALT + A is dagon or heals, ALT + S is usually non-active, but if it is, it's something I don't need to use in battle often because it's harder to press. ALT + D is Black King Bar.

The first slot is Space Bar. I don't use ALT + Q. I use that for orchid, sheep or Eul's. Stuff that you need to be able to use at a moment's notice.

I have somewhat of a system but it isn't as distinct as yours.
basically, ALT + Q is always boots, ALT + E and D are whatever i deem to be my most important 2 items, because index finger.
ALT + W, A, S for whatever else.

Geez, people were not kidding that Disruptor is easy wins, the buffs he received in 6.79 add up a lot, everything is so much easier to hit. Now just to do it in numbers mode.

so why hasn't milk been playing him?

Just waiting for people to realize that omni and undying are broke as shit.

And brew and ogre.

GorillaJu

I have somewhat of a system but it isn't as distinct as yours.
basically, ALT + Q is always boots, ALT + E and D are whatever i deem to be my most important 2 items, because index finger.
ALT + W, A, S for whatever else.

It's helpful to always know where your keys are so you don't have to check in the middle of a fight. Especially BKB and disables.

ElyrionX

That ult wrecks a lot of blink initiation heroes. Heros like Earthshaker and Puck have a lot of trouble counter initiating against him because that AOE silence is deadly when placed well.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

every time i tried to play, i remembered losing to you and all of my fighting spirit would leave me instantly :))))))))))))))

also i learned that i can hold a grudge over a game for a very long time :))))))

Hate makes you strong

Kreunt

Banned
Just waiting for people to realize that omni and undying are broke as shit.

And brew and ogre.

Sadly they are still melee supports that can't carry and have only slows, so they can be really hard to find a home.

I still think omni just needs some help getting assists, either by adding a burn to degen aura, or by valve making a change that gives you assists for recently healing people that just got a kill.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

LOL. If it makes you feel any better I still feel as bad about it today as I did when it happened.

I still think omni just needs some help getting assists, either by adding a burn to degen aura, or by valve making a change that gives you assists for recently healing people that just got a kill.

Don't you get assist gold just by being within the radius of the kill? I thought the assist stat didn't actually have any gameplay relevance

Techies

VzXSkkb.jpg

Abdul Ismail

Valve Confirmed as Master troll.

Hylian7

Something I really want, and I probably could write a script for it: Camera position hotkeys.

This is something that StarCraft did where you could save a position of your camera sort of like a control group. It would be invaluable in this game. I could probably write a script to do it too, however I'm not sure if that would come to a moral grey area if it's cheating or not. I would have to use something Autohotkey or maybe even Python.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can already do that.
//Top Rune
bind "C" "dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876"
//Bot Rune
bind "V" "dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937"

Hylian7

You can already do that.
//Top Rune
//Bot Rune
Not what I mean. I mean while you are playing, being able to move the camera somewhere and hit (some key) + 1 and then you hit 1 and the camera jumps to that spot. I know this was a thing in StarCraft.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why would you want insta-camera anywhere other than rune spots? Just use your minimap, lazybones.

GorillaJu

It always seems to happen to me that I badly predict which games are going to be serious and which ones are going full retard. I enjoy high quality games where people are smoke ganking early, building fast BKBs instead of going Midas, supports counter-warding and everything.

So I'll get those games where I think "alright let's pick a good support hero to make sure we have a balance" but the rest of the team thinks "alright let's pick a safe lane carry and I dont give a fuck what anyone else wants to do."

Then those games where I'm just so frustrated from shitty ones that I say fuck it and random and what the hell sure I'll jungle bloodseeker, it turns out to be a mega try-hard game and I'm totally out of place and fucked.

Can't even pick em lol

rezuth

Not what I mean. I mean while you are playing, being able to move the camera somewhere and hit (some key) + 1 and then you hit 1 and the camera jumps to that spot. I know this was a thing in StarCraft.

I don't really understand what the benefits of this would be, why not just ping and then press space to look there?

Renoir

Play a support and steal all the farm and CS since your carry won't do it.

Then lose the game and take all the blame despite out playing your carry to the tune of 4 levels and 5k gold.

Same here playing both roles now.

Every one lleaves without the donkey.. I guess I'll pick up the bill.

No one buy wards knowing fully well we're going against a purge.
I guess I'll pick up the bill.

We still lose.

Btw. How do iI check for this mmr stuff. I go to my match history I don't see any listing for it.

God Enel

You can already do that.
//Top Rune
//Bot Rune

Do i just have to copy that in the console?

Boken

Banned
I don't really understand what the benefits of this would be, why not just ping and then press space to look there?

holy shit you can do that?

anyway, the benefit is so that you can have 4 map locations in memory, and you dont have to ping and do that each time.

Top Bottom