• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hylian confirmed that was the offending post. A tragic civilian casualty of the War Against Misogyny.

Banned until August 5.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The whole Razor/SWM/Deathball thing was like a suddenly new meta no one expected until TI4 so there probably won't be reaction bans just yet.

This isn't Rito we're talking about.

The problem with what hylian said, is that they're trying to have a discussion about it in the gaming industry. And brushing it off and drive by posting with what he said doesn't contribute to anything.

Yeah I think you're right.

But knowing Hylian vicariously, I don't think he was trying to brush it off. Seemed like he was agreeing with it being an issue in gaming as well as in society.

Edit: Is keeper of the light not strong enough to stop deathball?

Radec

played the game for 40mins, got disconnected due to power outage for 5mins+~
returned back to help the team win the game and still got abandoned and -25.

now @ 4 losing streak.

fml.

I haven't been following Dota 2 for pretty much all of 2014. I just checked to see who won TI4 and... wow, NaVi got 8th place, Alliance 12th, Orange not even on the list (did they disband or something)? I had never even heard of Newbee. What a difference from last year.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I haven't been following Dota 2 for pretty much all of 2014. I just checked to see who won TI4 and... wow, NaVi got 8th place, Alliance 12th, Orange not even on the list (did they disband or something)? I had never even heard of Newbee. What a difference from last year.

It was weird

Razzer

Newbee were last years Tongfu with Xiao8 added on, incidentally.

Messiah

German detected

giphy.gif

Tinker in peace hylian :(

Mohasus

Mushi went to DK and the rest of orange became Titan.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I thought Hylian finally hit 4k and decided his work on GAF was done.
highfive.gif

Wok

Actually, Newbees was known to be the best Chinese team. Icecube said it in an interview during the playoff: basically, he said Vici gaming was crap with respect to Chinese standards, and Newbee was the best Chinese team, and that it was a big surprise that Vici was performing so well, while Newbee was falling down with all these bo1. He was on spot: Newbee's draft in the bo3 was consistently good, whereas Vici did some big mistakes (even though their deathball strat' did work against all teams, including DK, except Newbee).

Wok

Actually, Newbees was known to be the best Chinese team. Icecube said it in an interview during the playoff: basically, he said Vici gaming was crap with respect to Chinese standards, and Newbee was the best Chinese team, and that it was a big surprise that Vici was performing so well, while Newbee was falling down with all these bo1. He was on spot: Newbee's draft in the bo3 was consistently good, whereas Vici did some big mistakes (even though their deathball strat' did work against all teams, including DK, except Newbee).

It was an interview of icecube by CyborgMatt:
http://youtu.be/VqbglkKflck?t=10m13s (from 10m13s to 10m33s)

Iceiceice is really on spot. Whatever he has said in interviews was on spot.

Chris R

Road to 3k starts on Thursday. Been wanting to play so damn bad! Does Seattle have a gaming cafe downtown? I still have hours to burn until the baseball game tonight and everyone else is already gone :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Road to 3k starts on Thursday. Been wanting to play so damn bad! Does Seattle have a gaming cafe downtown? I still have hours to burn until the baseball game tonight and everyone else is already gone :(
But if you get 3k you wouldn't be able to compete in sir action stacks tournament!

sephi22

Someone mentioned that there is a bug with the Genuine Promo Economy card sets where the creator signatures overlap each other and there is only 1 signature shown for sets with more than 1 creator.

Anyone know anything about that?

Aselith

I expect those heroes might get nerfs anyway to shake things up. IceFrog often likes to shake things up and try to give other heroes their turn in the spotlight. I don't think anyone sticks out like a sore thumb as OP, IceFrog just doesn't want the game to stay the same forever.

What have your clumsy hands wrought, Hylian!

I'm thinking for balance they'll toss Earth Spirit, Brood, Phoenix, Legion and Terrorblade into CM very soon and see how they work out for a month or two and do a big post TI balance patch in September. Gives them ample time to make changes to those heroes, but at a time when they'd be least disruptive on tournaments, since nothing major is going on.

If Techies come with that patch, just toss them in CM too Skywrath Mage style, what's the worst that could happen.

FACE

Banned
I'm down for Earth Spirit(probably too good), TB and LC on Captain's Mode. Phoenix is a tad too broken, would get first picked/banned in every single game.

I'm down for Earth Spirit(probably too good), TB and LC on Captain's Mode. Phoenix is a tad too broken, would get first picked/banned in every single game.

And if he is? We just had an International where Lycan was first picked and banned too. Does that even matter?

Also there's no major tournaments, so it's a perfect time to test him out in CM while it's easily fixable. Heroes seem more easily balanced when they're in CM, because there's a higher skill and more data than random AP games.

FACE

Banned
And if he is? We just had an International where Lycan was first picked and banned too. Does that even matter?

Also there's no major tournaments, so it's a perfect time to test him out in CM while it's easily fixable.

Phoenix is worse than Lycan in my opinion, easiest offlane and triple kills of my life.

Phoenix is worse than Lycan in my opinion, easiest offlane and triple kills of my life.

Phoenix was added to CM in Dota even before his big nerfs last year. Now, Dota isn't really a good testing ground any more, but it still shows Icefrog at least humors the idea of adding him to CM.

Artanisix

They should just add every hero except Phoenix to CM
because I'm not ready for IHL2
. Really no point in keeping them out right now.

Acinixys

The hitbox bug with the new LD set is fucking annoying

I missplaced items at least 10 times in my last game

Valve pls patch the the game tonight and fix this shit

There's also a bug with the serpent wards for the new shadow shaman set where they seem to be placed backwards on the origin, as when they fire, it's in the opposite direction as where they're facing, making it hard to judge where they're firing or planning on firing.

manfestival

That league of legends video is freaking cool. Glad to see nautilus getting some love. Even if they made him seem like some sort of boss that is super weak. Hes such a fun hero. I feel like playing lol right now just to be him and skarner

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
New Druid set might be the ugliest set in the game.

Top Bottom