• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

52club

The one thing about TI that left a sour taste was how quickly some teams surrendered. I understand that likely in any of these situations the odds of a comeback was probably less than 1%, but you have to play out the game in my opinion. Part of getting your ass handed to you is you can still learn about your opponents. Plus why have it in competitive games if it isn't in the game every one else plays.

Ketch

The one thing about TI that left a sour taste was how quickly some teams surrendered. I understand that likely in any of these situations the odds of a comeback was probably less than 1%, but you have to play out the game in my opinion. Part of getting your ass handed to you is you can still learn about your opponents. Plus why have it in competitive games if it isn't in the game every one else plays.

Exactly right. LGD didn't GG when they went two rax down to DK and looked what happened there.

sixghost

Exactly right. LGD didn't GG when they went two rax down to DK and looked what happened there.

LGD had the better late game in that game. Most of the vici games where they gg'd quick they had drafted a 5 man lineup with little late game and they were way behind early. They lost.

Finally finished my 10 wins for the favourite hero challenge, really wish I knew I would've had to do that or I would've picked an off-laner instead of Shadow Shaman.

Ketch

LGD had the better late game in that game. Most of the vici games where they gg'd quick they had drafted a 5 man lineup with little late game and they were way behind early. They lost.

I was referring to VG EG game 3, but it doesn't really matter. Tournament life is on the line in the international, you don't GG early... It's the same reason there's no concede option in pubs. There's always a chance, even if it'd be a miracle. It's worth holding out for a miracle when it's 5 mil on the line.

Pratfall

thinking of auto abandoning all games where someone says that we need a "tank" in the drafting phase. That person has a 90% chance of being a complete idiot.

kasane

thinking of auto abandoning all games where someone says that we need a "tank" in the drafting phase. That person has a 90% chance of being a complete idiot.

you're being an idiot too since you're abandoning instead of educating the player on whats wrong

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Talking with Fluff at the airport again. Dota is hard. Answers are hard. What drafts and play beat hyper deathball?

Wonder if I can get SNA to scrim GAF.

Calidor

Mushi, Lanm, Burning.... The feels T_T

On a serious note, after a couple of days here are some random thoughts about TI4 in general:

NaVi: i think that the players are really good but not tier 1 anymore, except maybe dendi because how much raw skill has. Maybe the chemistry is no longer there, kimda like post TI3 DK. A big reshuffle should invigorate a everything

Alliance: they need a new game plan/style. The skill is there and s4 is probably the best mid in the world (i see him as the western xiao8). Loda is clearly the weakest link, maybe a new carry would be nice. If they want to invest on a new player, get xcalibur while you can

Cloud9: I reeeeally like this team, imo they should stick together. I was under the impression that they lose to themselves with terrible drafts / decisions

IG: they should play more aggresive. Chuan doesnt fit this team imo. Get lin from lgd

Dk: tbh I thought that Burning/mushi played terrible and they didnt deserve anything more than what they got at TI4

Eg: universe is probably the best player in the world. Zai is crazy good too. They need to train harder and dominate everyone, future ti5 champion right there

Newbee/vici: I might sound idiotic, but I was really surprised that these two are in the finals. I think that they were greatly benefited from this years format (which sucks!) they are going to fall off bigger than alliance post ti3

Fnatic, mousesports, liquid, etc: tier 2-3 teams, a reshuffle here and there but I doubt they can grow bigger

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Talking with Fluff at the airport again. Dota is hard. Answers are hard. What drafts and play beat hyper deathball?

Wonder if I can get SNA to scrim GAF.
I don't know how much longer sna is going to be a thing, ixmike said he wasn't really on a team and trying to get into something.

Low Tier
y do people think Gaf has a dota team or something. Honestly the closest thing to a gaf team is probably stevewinwood stack

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't know how much longer sna is going to be a thing, ixmike said he wasn't really on a team and trying to get into something.
Didn't get that impression at all.
Road to #TI5
y do people think Gaf has a dota team or something. Honestly the closest thing to a gaf team is probably stevewinwood stack
What was the R2DL then?

Also go fight NA teams first lol

Quesa

I was gonna make a joke about the pictures he took at TI and decided it was uncouth, but that posting about not posting that post was not.

FACE

Banned
Newbee/vici: I might sound idiotic, but I was really surprised that these two are in the finals. I think that they were greatly benefited from this years format (which sucks!) they are going to fall off bigger than alliance post ti3

I don't see how the team that almost got eliminated in the first phase greatly benefited from the format.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

This. LGD had much better late game and they knew it. VG's gg's made much more sense, there was no coming back there.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just played my first few training missions in this game, and I can already say I hate the Vengeful Spirit's swapping power, though she did put me right up against the last midlane tower to deal the final few hits.

New Druid set might be the ugliest set in the game.

Ugliest set in the game:

Dota2_Items_Rubick01_Spellbinder.jpg

Rubick is cheeky and either oblivious or totally unimpressed by the enemies he is facing. This set does not fit that at all, in my opinion this makes him look like some generic faux-badass devilwizard.

Radec

Mushi, Lanm, Burning.... The feels T_T

On a serious note, after a couple of days here are some random thoughts about TI4 in general:

NaVi: i think that the players are really good but not tier 1 anymore, except maybe dendi because how much raw skill has. Maybe the chemistry is no longer there, kimda like post TI3 DK. A big reshuffle should invigorate a everything

Alliance: they need a new game plan/style. The skill is there and s4 is probably the best mid in the world (i see him as the western xiao8). Loda is clearly the weakest link, maybe a new carry would be nice. If they want to invest on a new player, get xcalibur while you can

Cloud9: I reeeeally like this team, imo they should stick together. I was under the impression that they lose to themselves with terrible drafts / decisions

IG: they should play more aggresive. Chuan doesnt fit this team imo. Get lin from lgd

Dk: tbh I thought that Burning/mushi played terrible and they didnt deserve anything more than what they got at TI4

Eg: universe is probably the best player in the world. Zai is crazy good too. They need to train harder and dominate everyone, future ti5 champion right there

Fnatic, mousesports, liquid, etc: tier 2-3 teams, a reshuffle here and there but I doubt they can grow bigger

A new game changing massive patch would shake things up again.

Mohasus

Newbee had to win Bo3 agaisnt the big teams in the UB and Vici had to do the same in the LB, I really don't see how it would be different in the old format. Newbee also had to play a tiebreaker just to get to Phase 3.

Low Tier
Didn't get that impression at all.
Road to #TI5

What was the R2DL then?

Also go fight NA teams first lol

rd2ls some free-to-enter league that we tried to sneak a 5 stack into to go wafflestomp some kids. Unfortunately, we didn't realize how hard the captains who draft the teams actually go on their homework, and we all got drafted relatively early. Basically it ended up being a contest to see which gaffers could carry their heavy team the furthest, and it happened to be me and gofu. Unfortunately, our captain fell off the face of the earth after being seduced by a succubus and going to Vegas and getting his life force sucked out and we were unable to win the finals cuz Gofu also had like 58735873857358 ping.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
rd2ls some free-to-enter league that we tried to sneak a 5 stack into to go wafflestomp some kids. Unfortunately, we didn't realize how hard the captains who draft the teams actually go on their homework, and we all got drafted relatively early. Basically it ended up being a contest to see which gaffers could carry their heavy team the furthest, and it happened to be me and gofu. Unfortunately, our captain fell off the face of the earth after being seduced by a succubus and going to Vegas and getting his life force sucked out and we were unable to win the finals cuz Gofu also had like 58735873857358 ping.
Yeah I watched the games and saw in one gofu had like 600 ping.

Procarbine confirmed dead weight.

Aren't the other small NA tourneys also free? Or no interest in doing them?

Ketch

yey! internet is back!
laugh.gif

Edit:
Has anyone redeemed the codes for their economy cards yet? I went to my armory in the client, hit the redeem code button in the top left corner, tried two different codes and they both say "invalid code"....

Edit #2: I figured it out, you have to do it from steam like you're registering a CD key... even though the insturctions on the card say to do it as described above.

Wok

How'd you like it Wok?

The mid player was one of the best mid players with whom I have played so far. He did not ask for any hero in particular, got to play Puck vs Viper mid, and somehow won the lane and managed to gank other lanes as well.

However, with respect to captain's mode, our captain disconnected before the last ban and the last pick, so we had to play 4 vs 5 from the start with one random hero (Ursa) and one non-existent last ban. The game was won, but it was a bit underwhelming to lose the captain this early. I will try again, because I like the drafting phase. Maybe Captain's draft instead: with a limited hero pool, the drafting should be easier.

Top Bottom