• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Its really damn hard to do, but I did make sure to mock the other team when I did it to my self once.

Also, looking at SingSing's steam, I see that he is giving Autograph cards to Sub, which sort of pisses me off since he told me he gave them all away.
to be fair you also scared him by literally running up to him at a restaurant at 11 pm

Why do some offlaners buy a bottle, like clockwerk or tusk? Are they supposed to be ganking mid constantly and picking up runes on the way? Are they simply more likely to take heavy damage/die and therefore get more fountain visits to refill the bottle? Or are they supposed to live just on the initial 3 charges?

I'd think a magic wand or ring of basilius would be preferable over a bottle in most cases, since they are cheaper, give more utility (armor, damage, stats) and don't take away the runes from your mid.

Pratfall

My monitor shut off during my random draft and I ended up with Huskar. Went 9-0 and then DISAPPEARED. Just got blown up every team fight. How do you build him so you don't become completely useless after 30 minutes?

ViviOggi

Why do some offlaners buy a bottle, like clockwerk or tusk? Are they supposed to be ganking mid constantly and picking up runes on the way? Are they simply more likely to take heavy damage/die and therefore get more fountain visits to refill the bottle? Or are they supposed to live just on the initial 3 charges?

I'd think a magic wand or ring of basilius would be preferable over a bottle in most cases, since they are cheaper, give more utility (armor, damage, stats) and don't take away the runes from your mid.

Bottle crowing and taking runes mid doesn't want.

FACE

Banned
And a Dota 2 emote one too. :blush:

crazy.gif

G.ZZZ

More efficient for regen for staying in lane/farming (basilus don't give hp and wand is not reliable) and the occasional rune is a bonus. Bottlecrowing is also doable in a lot of cases (when your mid don't hog chick).

sixghost

My monitor shut off during my random draft and I ended up with Huskar. Went 9-0 and then DISAPPEARED. Just got blown up every team fight. How do you build him so you don't become completely useless after 30 minutes?

Mek, armlet, helm, and bkb are all good.

ViviOggi

Matt if you're reading this, are you planning on updating the plugin? I'm running the newest version of Opera (which is Chromium-based) and installed it through an extension that lets you access the Chrome web store. The emoticon box hasn't shown up except for a single time last week and was gone again after a refresh. Pretty weird.
Any other Chrome extension I've tried works fine.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
In this ti4 post-mortem, they are discussing dire/radiant and fp/second-pick stats. Basically, dire/radiant had 50/50 winrate, BUT, fp had 55% winrate, which is pretty damn significant. First pick almost always went to radiant because teams would pick dire; so first pick basically helps negate dire advantage, as such dire still seems to be the stronger side overall (i.e. if radiant was the stronger side, teams would choose that and first pick defaults to dire--kinda cool that fp acts as a pseudo balancing mechanism for any map imbalances).

manfestival

so we are hearing so much from EG about TI4 but what about newbee or vg? have they been vocal or its all in chinese and people have been ignoring things mostly due to that?

Smithy C

Stealing the opposing mid's bottle that they were attempting to bottle crow - grounds for being told to "fucking die" and "delete dota"? Because that last Storm Spirit I just played against was pissed.

so we are hearing so much from EG about TI4 but what about newbee or vg? have they been vocal or its all in chinese and people have been ignoring things mostly due to that?
It's basically only been PPD that's talking about it and I think nobody else.
Stealing the opposing mid's bottle that they were attempting to bottle crow - grounds for being told to "fucking die" and "delete dota"? Because that last Storm Spirit I just played against was pissed.

If your opponents are mad at you you're doing something right.

Zeth

2GD fuckin' spot-on regarding ESPN stuff. Actually spot-on on just about everything. This discussion really puts the whole thing in perspective. I'm sure everyone involved will have learned quite a lot for next time.

shira

According to KellyMilkies WPC Ace are having trouble paying prize money and travel expenses for teams

https://twitter.com/kellymilkies/status/493476738551136256

https://twitter.com/kellymilkies/status/493479836317274113

China has no money lol. Few people bought those tickets because the ingame audio is garbage and they don't offer items. What kind of money are they expecting Valve to give them?

That really sucks for Alliance and C9. They would have been better served going to the Summit.

KingKong

2GD fuckin' spot-on regarding ESPN stuff. Actually spot-on on just about everything. This discussion really puts the whole thing in perspective. I'm sure everyone involved will have learned quite a lot for next time.

I havent watched it yet so he might have covered it, but its not like 2GDs coverage of the event was any good. It was extremely low energy and they said absolutely nothing informative.

what did he say

also i agree with kingkong. last year's panel was much better. if this year's panel was removed, nothing of value would have been lost

China has no money lol. Few people bought those tickets because the ingame audio is garbage and they don't offer items. What kind of money are they expecting Valve to give them?

That really sucks for Alliance and C9. They would have been better served going to the Summit.

Sucks for the Chinese teams too, 3 month long tournament and they get nothing out of it.

Honestly if you do a league format I think Dreamleague does the best prizepool, all teams getting decent money for the commitment

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hope the next dream league is better run, the delays midway though and the delay from the round robin to the main event killed a lot of hype. Their compendium was also a bit of a let down.

KingKong

The Summit was my favorite tournament this year, lots of exciting games, having Kuro/Puppey/Notail/Demon/Bulba casting with LD was great, and it was the best finals matchup (5 games of EG vs DK)

Top Bottom