• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

bbd23

why did I stop playing original sin for this game

find a match - leaver at pick screen
find a match - leaver 20 mins in
find a match - leaver 15 minutes in

yami4ct

why did I stop playing original sin for this game

find a match - leaver 20 mins in
find a match - leaver 15 minutes in

I've found that when you leave "Limited Heroes" this becomes a much smaller issue. All Pick has a lot fewer leavers in my experience. Still going to get some, because that's just the way it goes with online multiplayer, but it's certainly rampant in Limited Pack.

Ketch

That makes a lot of sense. Learning warding seems like the thing that's most out of my wheelhouse right now, but the concept is simple enough that I think I can pick up on it after a few games. Thing I really like looking at Lich is that he has Sacrifice, which seems like a really great intro into denying. When I'm playing a hard or semi-carry, that aspect of the game goes right over my head. Having that ability built in seems like a great way to force me to keep it in mind.

The thing you should notice about lich sacrifice is that it's basically auto win for your lane.... It really shows how much of an impact denying has. try to play him in the off lane or mid at least once to really fuck over the enemy farmers.

Atlantis

Just got swore at and called a noob in Spanish for the first time!
highfive.gif

I'm getting five minute long queues and ending up facing/partied with players with five times my games played, what's up with that? Did everyone quit?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CD is the best mode.
Two Clock wins, fed and lost as Leshrac by being too aggressive early. Forgot to use my JUDGEDREDD set though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I mean, I don't like drafting, so I usually let someone else do it, but even *I* could have managed to not let the other team get Void, Witch Doc, and Tide in fucking Captain's Draft... I hate when people just start shitting on the Captain in draft modes but the dude's first ban was fucking Medusa, so I think it's appropriate in this case.

Quesa

I mean, I don't like drafting, so I usually let someone else do it, but even *I* could have managed to not let the other team get Void, Witch Doc, and Tide in fucking Captain's Draft... I hate when people just start shitting on the Captain in draft modes but the dude's first ban was fucking Medusa, so I think it's appropriate in this case.

I feel like this might be an interesting guide for someone to do -- how to draft properly, which I imagine is one of those things (like most things in dota) that everyone thinks they know how to do but are actually super bad at.

And wouldn't you know it

yami4ct

The thing you should notice about lich sacrifice is that it's basically auto win for your lane.... It really shows how much of an impact denying has. try to play him in the off lane or mid at least once to really fuck over the enemy farmers.

Played a bot match with Lich-support just to start to get a feel for him. It's amazing how huge an effect his sacrifice has over time. By the end, everyone not in my lane was rocking mid-20s level and the two bots against me were stuck at 11 and 12. It basically made their moves worthless. They could do nothing but feed my dudes. Clearly it won't be near this effective against real people, but it's definitely way more than I expected.

Warding was super fun too. Seeing where the enemy wanted to be and counter-ing that is so satisfying. I think this guy may top Wraith King as my favorite dude to play now. Supporting your party from the back, but still managing to have a huge impact is super fun.

Pratfall

Played a bot match with Lich-support just to start to get a feel for him. It's amazing how huge an effect his sacrifice has over time. By the end, everyone not in my lane was rocking mid-20s level and the two bots against me were stuck at 11 and 12. It basically made their moves worthless. They could do nothing but feed my dudes. Clearly it won't be near this effective against real people, but it's definitely way more than I expected.

Warding was super fun too. Seeing where the enemy wanted to be and counter-ing that is so satisfying. I think this guy may top Wraith King as my favorite dude to play now. Supporting your party from the back, but still managing to have a huge impact is super fun.

support for lyfe
happytears.gif

yami4ct

support for lyfe
happytears.gif

I might be on that team now. My idea of support before trying it out was a kind of boring, but necessary background role to make sure your team has all they need to be successful. There's certainly some of that, but I've never felt as in control in a match as I have playing Lich. So good.

Ketch

I might be on that team now. My idea of support before trying it out was a kind of boring, but necessary background role to make sure your team has all they need to be successful. There's certainly some of that, but I've never felt as in control in a match as I have playing Lich. So good.

I like lich, but maybe also look at some supports with really big team fight ultimates. Maybe something like a shadow shaman, tide hunter, or lion or something… so that way in a pub you can say things like "my ulti is ready, we should fight. Let's push top" which is of course where you've already warded so now you're captaining the team and your team doesn't even know it.

I like lich, but maybe also look at some supports with really big team fight ultimates. Maybe something like a shadow shaman, tide hunter, or lion or something… so that way in a pub you can say things like "my ulti is ready, we should fight. Let's push top" which is of course where you've already warded so now you're captaining the team and your team doesn't even know it.

Ketch has a point, Lich is more of a "guaranteed lane winner" kind of support. Some Supports like Lion, Shadow Shaman and Shadow Demon are more aggresive kind of supports that get kills earlier on and can help teammates snowball. Shadow Shaman in particular has a very powerful ulti which can result in you winning a teamfight or a guaranteed tower. So there are definitely all kinds of supports.

In the trench there's only one kind of support.

The sort of support that doesn't buy support items and instead rushes for a force staff, sits behind you in your lane soaking your experience without contributing anything, and then just becomes an advanced jungle creep for the enemy carry to farm in the mid game. He may or may not actually get his force staff before the game ends.

Atlantis

The sort of support that doesn't buy support items and instead rushes for a force staff, sits behind you in your lane soaking your experience without contributing anything, and then just becomes an advanced jungle creep for the enemy carry to farm in the mid game. He may or may not actually get his force staff before the game ends.

Aghs, not Force Staff.

Especially Crystal Maiden.

I love how many people immediately build Force Staff and have no real idea how to use it properly.

It's an absolutely guaranteed escape mechanism, which means you don't need map vision or any awareness and therefore once you acquire it you can never be ganked, so obviously there's no need for you to buy wards.

Buying wards is like paying rent, while getting a force staff is like buying a house. In a game about efficiency and resource management it's obvious what the correct choice is.

Kaper

It's an absolutely guaranteed escape mechanism, which means you don't need map vision or any awareness and therefore once you acquire it you can never be ganked, so obviously there's no need for you to buy wards.

Buying wards is like paying rent, while getting a force staff is like buying a house. In a game about efficiency and resource management it's obvious what the correct choice is.

Yeah, buy the house ASAP because it will pay off in the long run. You can even sell the house when you're done with it to recoup some of the cost!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Good games this weekend. Only obvious loss because of me was the Disraptor game so that feels nice. Played far too aggressive early vs a better early team. I just get in my head I can make big plays then I get pooped on before I have my levels.
Void loss was 4v5 (Minute 1 abandon) and my team fed BS, fattest BS I've ever seen. 800 GPM + Aba Aghs, Double Abyssal heroes. NOPE.
Both Void games were Offlane.

Magnus is so fucking legit. (3/4 aw yiss)
Medusa is good. (2/2 100% WR B O Y S)
Both I hadn't played in 10 months (Started 12 ago). Makes me feel pretty good about broader understanding of the game and how heroes play. Also apparently I have 63% WR in -AR. #positivity #morale

Playing Offlane is really fun. Clock is fun. Cog positioning and knowing who you can or can't kill is harder. Need to play more and muck around with hook ranges and angles in -wtf. I also probably farm more than I should on clock, but I'm not positive.
Maybe it's a result of so many people grouping up earlier I just farm up my next item (Usually Aghs) and push waves with Rocket.
If anyone has suggestions on how they build Clock Offlane I'd appreciate it. Thinking of going Halberd more often over Shivas/Hex?

DKSLS3M.png

I had a support Witch Doctor on my team who wouldn't buy wards and shit because "I gotta save for my Aghs!".

I replied, "We are losing this game, you will never save for an agh's at the current rate."

"But Aghs changes games!"

Me, "You know what else changes games? Map vision. Buy a fucking ward so we stop getting ganked all the time."

I've also found that trench level players don't understand the concept of Skeleton King as a support. Can't jungle as Sand King for shit. Don't understand how to tri-lane, and will generally lose to any early aggression line up. Also if I don't get Captain and my team's captain ends up with a lineup where he goes "We totally stomp them late game!" it mean we will have lost the game by 20 minutes because PA, Sven, DP, WD, Shadow Shaman is an awful lineup.

trilane the sven and offlane the pa with dp mid, not too bad if you ask me.

In the trench "trilane" just means "two supports sit behind the carry and deny creeps", and "solo offlane" means "continuous feeding".

And "DP mid" means "bloodstone rush and enemy mid T1 at 50% health at 20 minutes"

trilane the sven and offlane the pa with dp mid, not too bad if you ask me.

Our captain got very angry at the idea of a tri-lane, so it was Sven and Shadow Shaman against Axe and Lich with appearances from Enigma.

In the trench "trilane" just means "two supports sit behind the carry and deny creeps", and "solo offlane" means "continuous feeding".

And "DP mid" means "bloodstone rush and enemy mid T1 at 50% health at 20 minutes"

Yeah this is also true. Its either supports stand too close to the creeps while trying to deny and just get blown up, or they steal last hits, or they hide and do nothing productive. What I'm learning is that as a drafter even when I make what I think is a good line up for trench tier players, I have to dumb it down even more. Aggressive supports over passive ones, people who can gank without smoke etc. The carry and mid lane picks are so much less important at this level than picking supports that people who don't get support can succeed with. That's what I'm learning the most.

Madouu

I just warded an enigma's camps and bullied her for the first 3 minutes, I feel dirty.

clock items

Well, if you are offlaning you'll be in more of a utility hero usually so stuff like blade mail, force staff, mek, aghs, hex, pipe, vlads is probably what you will build. If you are building for a fighting clock after a good start then armlet, shivas, ac are all good. I rarely see people pick up bkb on him which I think is more useful than halberd on him in most games. Some other fun items include blink and necro.

He's super versatile which is part of what makes him fun, just remember to not feed the carry if you are going for kills in the offlane.

kvk1

In the trench, the mighty trench, the players lane tonight.

Acinixys

Ok so like

http://dotabuff.com/matches/801865957

should I have gone scepter/ref this game, or bfly, daedalus? I put the scepter on the courier in favor of crystalis for when they did their gg push btw. I was going scepter/ref after midas/mom and got bkb because I kept getting screwed by disrupter ult, then went scepter but the team was egging me on in favor of getting pure right click. P sure my undecidedness in my build was what lost us the game. I ended up with bfly/scepter which is a shit version of both builds.

Keep in mind this was for offlane void, which I enjoyed playing a lot! Just would have liked to have won, obvs.

Midas on offlane void seems a waste and a massive delay on your real items. Youre there to get XP for fast lvls, not gold. Plus offlane is supposed to deny more than lasthit so you screw with their carrys farm

I say wand - treads - MoM - maelstrom - (BKB FOR SAFTY) - baby crit - daddy crit - Battlefury - Bfly - AC/MKB

Heres my last game as solo off Void

Top Bottom